KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Moments of vindication

Guest · 435

seveninchblues

on: May 27, 2019, 06:42:25 AM
Have you experienced moments of vindication in your life?

Example:  Knowing in the third grade by looking at a world map that the land masses of the
     two hemispheres were at one time connected and when vocalizing this knowledge, having a teacher say: "Oh, ----- has quite an imagination!".  In other words, telling everyone how wonderful you are while saying you're full of shit.
  But then one day as an adult you find out there are not only other people who believe it, but there is scientific evidence to prove that eight year old boy was right all along.                   

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:16:06 AM
All the time on this forum.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 03:02:59 PM
Have you experienced moments of vindication in your life?

Occasionally, but not often enough to take it for granted.  It does feel good, though.

I also had a "Moment" with my first grade teacher, Mrs. Borland.  Where she resented me, and failed me, then sent me to Special Ed, and told everyone I was "Severely Retarded" for showing off how smart I was.  I spent the rest of my public school career in Special Ed. 

I thought it was pretty clear from the map that some of the continents were joined together.  As children, we kinda have this idea forced on us that Teachers know what's what, and children are completely ignorant.  Some of the teachers seem to take it personally.

I can't think of a moment of vindication that makes up for that.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 02:48:39 AM

In my first-year electronics course at college, I was taking a test and one of the questions was REALLY, REALLY hard.  I looked at it different ways and came up with a solution.  The next day, the teacher said that question was thrown out of the test because we wouldn't learn the solution to it until next week.  Like a smart-ass, I asked if I got extra credit for correctly figuring out the solution with insufficient information.  Bright kid, once upon a time.  I aced my electronics classes.

Oooh, nearly forgot: I was paid roughly TWICE what the other techs that worked in Engineering were, and several of 'em were pissed off about that.  I replied that they could make the same money if they could do the job.  When I left Phoenix and moved to Dallas for my health, my boss ended up hiring THREE people to do the bulk of what I'd done for him, and he never did find someone to do the hardest parts of my job (at least, he hadn't 5 years later.)  He had to do it himself, after I'd gone.  Sorry dude, loved you dearly, but Phoenix was killing me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:59:03 AM by RopeFiend »

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

seveninchblues

Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 07:13:43 AM
When I stumbled upon the writings of Charles Bukowski, I found vindication for my entire life, for how I saw the world and the people in it, for how I felt as an outsider.  Finding him made me realize i didn't care if I fit in with all the uptight assholes around me.  I

I am also finding vindication now for my feelings of anger and frustration I felt as a child and adolescent being bullied for no reason, feelings that have followed me my whole life and I am now being able to work through with a wonderful therapist.   

If only there had been someone, anyone like her back when I was going through it, someone to talk to, someone who could help me, but there was nobody there to give me vindication, it would have made all the difference.

Offline e_monster

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +8/-0
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 06:00:40 AM
Yes.

A number of unflattering predictions I made 20 years ago about the future of my employer actually came to pass recently. It wasn’t a popular message. At the time I was dismissed as a malcontent and blackballed.

Fast forward two decades. At conferences and meetings I occasionally encounter some of those who dissed me back then. I don’t need to remind them about it. No need. They know.

ID card? I don't need no stinkin' ID card. I already know who I am.

Offline Slinroo

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-0
    • Are Traps Gay?
Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 09:49:26 PM
I felt pretty vindicated last week when someone I knew was a scumbag got arrested for warrants.

psiberzerker

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 08:31:18 PM
Very rarely, someone will ask a question, which no one else can adequately answer.

(One posted the worst possible source.  Even worse than Wikipedia.)

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 11:10:52 PM
There's nothing wrong with saying, "I don't know."

Or not commenting if you aren't sure you have the correct answer.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 11:16:56 PM
Or not commenting if you aren't sure you have the correct answer.

I've honestly been doing that a lot recently.  (Not that anyone would know that, because nobody ever sees the replies I don't submit.)

Also, "I don't know" is my religion.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:20:00 PM by psiberzerker »

psiberzerker

Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 11:53:44 PM
No real place to brag about this, and I don't want to start a new thread, but there was a real interesting discussion about the origin of the term "Dixie," and I didn't derail it.

I'm a little proud of myself for that.