KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 641 times)
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 660

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2019, 12:12:46 AM »

So what is going on now?  I hear the voter's gave Boris Johnson's party the boot, hence Boris is gone too.  An anti-Brexit group won the elections and is now in charge, but what does this mean?  A new referandum to stay in the EU?

psiberzerker
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 12:30:00 AM »

So what is going on now?

Nothing, it's still stalled in Parlament.  At least Boris doesn't have to get a costume for this due date, when it expires...

So they have to vote on yet another extention...

Who wants to bet against Boris Johnson Halloween costumes this year.  Anyone?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:55:38 AM by psiberzerker » Logged
IdleBoast
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 538

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 02:09:27 AM »

Boris is still PM, and the Conservatives are still in power.

By. One. Seat.

All it takes is a Tory or two to vote against the party (or even just abstain) to completely screw up anything Boris plans. Including Brexit.

Nobody knows what's going to happen...

Go on, ask me - I might say yes...
All the pictures I post here, plus extras that I haven't: http://idleboast.imgur.com, http://idleboast.tumblr.com
psiberzerker
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2019, 02:57:25 AM »

Boris is still PM...

Yeah, and Donald's bitch, McConnel is still SML.  It's getting really fucking hard to hold out hope for the future.  Maybe this time Germany will save US for a change?
ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 403

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »

So what is going on now?  I hear the voter's gave Boris Johnson's party the boot, hence Boris is gone too.  An anti-Brexit group won the elections and is now in charge, but what does this mean?  A new referandum to stay in the EU?

You may be referring to last week's by-election, held because a single seat in Parliament became vacant.  It was won by the anti-Brexit Liberal Democrat party.  By-elections cannot really be used as a measure of how a general election would pan out as they can be used as a protest vote by a small percentage of the total electorate.  However, as IB says, Boris only has a majority of one now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49204174

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 866

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »

After 47 years, England will now be on her own, though there is a transition period until she is totally on her own. Good luck.

A naughty thought is a terrible thing to waste
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 744

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2020, 02:41:02 PM »

Same day the Senate votes to give Trump dictatorial powers unaccountable to the rule of law.  Putin wins.
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 305

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2020, 03:28:07 PM »

Please name one dictatorial power he was granted. TY
Same day the Senate votes to give Trump dictatorial powers unaccountable to the rule of law.  Putin wins.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 287

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2020, 04:31:13 PM »

Trump can now subvert our democracy as he wishes knowing there are no repercussions in doing so.  He’ll perform more impeachable acts within a month and nothing will be done.
ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 403

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2020, 04:52:20 PM »

After 47 years, England will now be on her own, though there is a transition period until she is totally on her own. Good luck.

Thank you Watcher, we will need it.  I have no love for Brussels and the politicians hellbent on political and economic union but I am sad that we are leaving the European common market community that we voted to join in 1973.

I'm also sad about the supporters of both sides slinging personal insults at each other, there is a definite lack of class (as in respect rather than social class) among people these days.

Keep your eagle eye on developments.

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 305

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2020, 08:21:18 PM »

So, that is what your take is about the past months of the Impeachment Hoax.

Methinks you are in for a long 5 years...

Two or three more SCOTUS Justices, the impact of just the treaties and deals so far, plus the ones to come with Japan and the UK... and don't worry, you will find something to complain about.

Trump can now subvert our democracy as he wishes knowing there are no repercussions in doing so.  He’ll perform more impeachable acts within a month and nothing will be done.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 744

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2020, 11:05:39 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: