KB - a better class of pervert

News:

On snippets/incomplete stories?

Tam Saint-Roch · 352

Offline Tam Saint-Roch

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +4/-0
on: July 15, 2019, 05:56:54 AM
I have a story that I've hit a teensy rut in writing. It's not complete just quite yet, but many of the ahem good scenes are finished, enough to offer some enjoyment for some readers.  :emot_kiss:

I haven't had much time to write lately, but I think I can polish up what I have and post it within the next week, with the understanding that there will be more to add as I find more time to write.

Can I do that? I know that complete stories are wanted more, but actually completing this will take much longer than posting what I have (it comes out to more than ten pages on Google Docs), and like I said, I like to think that what I have is already quite enjoyable to read.

Remington555

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 12:47:01 PM

Tam, it's not uncommon for people to post stories in serial fashion as they finish chapters. It might even motivate you to continue if you have a story started and know people are waiting to find out what comes next. If you try to wait until it's finished it could be discouraging and make it even harder.

Remmy

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 12:55:32 PM
That's pretty much how I started here on the forum. Yes, I slowed down a lot shortly after, but they can help you determine the direction of a story, if you're willing to pay the comments some attention.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

IdleBoast

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:23:07 PM
Actually, I think there's a place for sharing vignettes rather than full stories. A thread for short, erotic scenes, rather than full stories.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 06:41:13 PM
I had a bad habit of not completing stories, but I always felt the incomplete ones were worth it.  And many times I would get back to a story and finish it.  Maybe one day, they all will be complete.

psiberzerker

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 04:54:04 PM
Yeah, go ahead.  Honestly, it's more common than not, and a good story doesn't NEED an ending, as long as the characters are still alive.

You can always come back to them, and just label them Part 1...  I generally write everything out in the Forum Field, as I come up with it, so I have a lot of stories that are just hanging.  However, life goes on.  It may change, but that doesn't mean their story ended, just because that episode came to some sort of close.  It's nice every once in a while to come back, and read about how their lives, or perspective on them have changed, after what they experienced.

_priapism

Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 02:11:52 AM
I either write stories on my smartphone’s Notepad, or I find an old post that no one will look at, and jot my story down there.  I often taken a couple of weeks to finish it in publishable form.  I've found when I start writing a story as an OP in the story forum, people say “please finish this.”  So, I wait until it is complete before I hit “post.”