KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Post count shrinking?

herschel · 1350

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
on: July 22, 2019, 06:22:32 PM
Why is my post count shrinking? Today it shows 1867, but not too long ago it was somewhere over 1900. Not that the count itself is a big deal, but with all the rumblings recently, I wonder if I'm being bowdlerized?  ???

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1762/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 06:29:46 PM
Why is my post count shrinking? Today it shows 1867, but not too long ago it was somewhere over 1900. Not that the count itself is a big deal, but with all the rumblings recently, I wonder if I'm being bowdlerized?  ???

I'll look into it.   The only thing we delete on a daily basis is images where the image link has gone dead and it's a blank post.  But Image posts don't count toward your total.

As for the recent moving of stories, they are not being removed (deleted).  They are just placed in a private (non public) category.  

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

IdleBoast

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 07:22:59 PM

bowdlerized

That has got to be the single most British thing I have seen anybody* say on KB for months!

*including me

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1610/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:21:06 PM
Why is my post count shrinking? Today it shows 1867, but not too long ago it was somewhere over 1900. Not that the count itself is a big deal, but with all the rumblings recently, I wonder if I'm being bowdlerized?  ???

Be glad it is only your post count that is shrinking.  ;D  But on a more serious note, over time some old posts are erased to free up some space. A few of us old timers have had their counts changed. No big deal.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1762/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 09:27:57 PM
We haven't been removing any though.

I looked through recycling (trash) and there was nothing from Hersch there.   Keep an eye on it and notify me if it happens again, Hersch.   

Thank you!

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1610/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 09:33:47 PM
We haven't been removing any though.

I looked through recycling (trash) and there was nothing from Hersch there.   Keep an eye on it and notify me if it happens again, Hersch.   

Thank you!

It's those pesky Russians again.  ;D ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

psiberzerker

Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:36:36 PM
In soviet Russia, the abyss stares into you!

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1841/-28
Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
Find Hillary's emails and you'll find his missing posts.

one of the originals

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 09:51:38 PM
While here in the great United States we have the National Security Agency, who do it right (but keep it quiet).

psiberzerker

Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 09:56:58 PM
Seriously:  I would not invite the NSA, nor FBI here.  Ha ha, very funny, but you don't have to call them, they know their own initials.

(Also, the NSA isn't supposed to operate on US soil, but it's not like they have enough oversite to prevent it.  At this point it's all DHS anyway.)

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 01:14:45 AM

It's quite likely that the stuff in the cupboard doesn't count towards your post total, which is one reason why the count would fall.  Between us we've already moved 187 threads in there, 1444 total posts.  If you've commented on a bunch of pre-pubescent stories, then sorry, that'll eventually go into the bit-bucket in another (23 days?) if the author doesn't update the story to match the rules.  Most of the stuff in the cupboard is people that have deleted their accounts, or haven't logged in for years, so we likely will just delete the lot wholesale when the limit expires.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 01:22:57 AM
Seriously:  I would not invite the NSA, nor FBI here.  Ha ha, very funny, but you don't have to call them, they know their own initials.

(Also, the NSA isn't supposed to operate on US soil, but it's not like they have enough oversite to prevent it.  At this point it's all DHS anyway.)

The feebs can break ANY of the laws that they want to.  Years ago in Fort Huachuca, AZ there was a HUGE antenna farm.  Going to the stores NEAR the base, there was an amazing number of people with British accents.  It turns out WE supplied the listening gear, and since WE couldn't listen to it, we had British military people 'training' there, listening to every conversation that went over the satellites.  I'm 100% certain that anything interesting was handed over from British Military Intelligence to the NSA.

I suspect the antenna farm is still there and still being manned by British nationals, but the last time I looked on Google Earth all I saw was open desert where I remember all of the sat dishes.  There were a couple of hundred dishes total, and it WOULD stand out if someone wasn't fudging the Google Earth photos.  Feel free to spread the rumor.

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 03:51:31 AM
You got me scared there, hersch. I had to go and check my story posts again.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 07:24:27 PM

Find Hillary's emails and you'll find his missing posts.

+1

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 07:29:41 PM

bowdlerized

That has got to be the single most British thing I have seen anybody* say on KB for months!

*including me

We Yanks both know and use the word "bowdlerize," and we also know that the word is used incorrectly here. The posts were (presumably) removed altogether. If they were bowdlerized, the posts would remain (and the post count would remain), and the text within the post would have been altered.

You can't keep a good Grammar Nazi down...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

psiberzerker

Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 07:38:33 PM
Since this is a recent problem, I'd say Ivanka's Emails, just to remain topical.

After all, she is the first lady.  Odd, that there's nobody to call for federal investigation, or to "Lock her up," this time.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 01:11:30 AM

I've deleted numerous whole story threads by Admiral Cartwright because he went in and replaced ALL of his text (both story and replies) with "REMOVED" before he deleted his account.  There wasn't any point keeping the threads when the story was gone.

We're far from done.  At a minimum, Jules and I are moving stuff that can't conceivably get modified in the next 20 days: authors with deleted accounts, or people that haven't logged in for a long time.  If they suddenly log in and say "Hey, where's my stories!?!" then we'll drag them back out of the cupboard so they can edit them if they choose.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 01:15:00 AM
This is your periodic reminder that after you post enough to join The Moderator's Club -honestly I can't remember how many posts, it's changed so much- your post count is superfluous.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 01:25:01 AM
I agree.

The rules are made-up, and the points don't matter.

_priapism

Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 04:15:47 AM
I’m about to hit 5,000 for the third or fourth time.  I promise you, the prizes don’t get any better.