News:

Fake Racism Claims

joan1984 · 1298

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
on: July 29, 2019, 06:21:30 PM
Judge granted Oberlin College’s motion to stay execution of the judgment, but required the posting of a bond in the amount of the judgment plus three years interest as security.

The compensatory and punitive damages of $25 million (after reduction for tort reform caps), plus the over $6.5 million in attorney’s fees and costs, put Oberlin College almost $32 million in debt to Gibson’s Bakery and its owners.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/07/oberlin-college-ordered-to-post-36-million-bond-to-delay-gibsons-bakery-collection-of-judgment/

For those who have not been following along:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2019/06/21/oberlin-college-gibson-bakery-lawsuit-column/1523525001/

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

psiberzerker

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:47:01 PM
The title doesn't match the story, though.  You just assume we're going to overlook the racism here, because you put "Fake Racism" in the title, like that's enough.

Just because you're gullible enough to buy that cover story, because Faux Newbs, doesn't mean the rest of us are too.  

Denier.

You see where it says OPINION in the USAtoday article?  Yeah, that means this is an Editorial piece, not a report of FACTs.  

Opinion, believe whatever other people's opinion you like, (Since you're incapable of forming one of your own) but you're still failing to convince us.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:52:53 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1835/-28
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 07:15:50 PM
Psi, you forgot -

Resist

one of the originals

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 07:24:05 PM
  I should not expect you to have heard of this story prior, I suppose, as you simply get your 'news' from selected sources, and he agenda there may not fit reality in such cases.

There are lots of sources with details. The case has been heard, the verdict given, and the weasels are being their natural selves, and are being called to account, and actually conform with the Court's decision, one way or another.

If you really don't know this case, suggest you Google and find out.

There will be many more for this thread, thus the creation of a new thread here.

psiberzerker

Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 07:29:03 PM
 I should not expect you to have heard of this story prior, I suppose, as you simply get your 'news' from selected sources, and he agenda there may not fit reality in such cases.

That's a fake claim of prejudice.  You didn't even think of that.  Rather than supporting your claims that racism doesn't exist, and every accusation of racism is false, even when it proud, and bragged about.

So, instead, you accuse me of being biased, against racists who're totally not racist, by the media?  I just pointed out that one of the articles you linked wasn't even a News report, it's plainly marked as an OPINION by the editor who fucking wrote it.

There are lots of sources with details.

And yet, rather than citing any of those, you chose to cite an opinion piece from a whiner.

There will be many more for this thread, thus the creation of a new thread here.

I'll believe that when i actually see it.  You don't exactly have any track record, whatsoever with actually supporting your allegations with anything substantial.

Your move.

psiberzerker

Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 07:36:34 PM
For your information, I don't care about this case, because it's SHOPLIFTING.

You seem to be hell bent on making sure that nobody ever suffers the indignity of being called a racist.  As if that ever killed anyone.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:47:30 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 08:40:01 PM

The title doesn't match the story, though.  You just assume we're going to overlook the racism here, because you put "Fake Racism" in the title, like that's enough.

Just because you're gullible enough to buy that cover story, because Faux Newbs, doesn't mean the rest of us are too.  

Denier.

You see where it says OPINION in the USAtoday article?  Yeah, that means this is an Editorial piece, not a report of FACTs.  

Opinion, believe whatever other people's opinion you like, (Since you're incapable of forming one of your own) but you're still failing to convince us.

Those were my precise thoughts as I read that USA Today piece.

And I deliberately used the word piece, since the story, told from someone with an extremely vested income in the outcome, is completely one-sided. I don't think it's even an Op/Ed piece.

I typically reserve judgement (and opinion) when I know only one side of an obviously complex story.

I reserve judgement now.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:10:18 PM by MissBarbara »

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 09:16:10 PM
The opinion piece was written by the owner of the bakery.

psiberzerker

Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 09:19:02 PM
Right, "I'm not racist, this is a witch hunt, my whole family was accused of racism for generations, and ran a successful store, for generations, but now this is ruining my life..."

Garbage.  Also, it appears to be a whinery.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 09:50:32 PM
Judge granted Oberlin College’s motion to stay execution of the judgment, but required the posting of a bond in the amount of the judgment plus three years interest as security.

The compensatory and punitive damages of $25 million (after reduction for tort reform caps), plus the over $6.5 million in attorney’s fees and costs, put Oberlin College almost $32 million in debt to Gibson’s Bakery and its owners.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/07/oberlin-college-ordered-to-post-36-million-bond-to-delay-gibsons-bakery-collection-of-judgment/

For those who have not been following along:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2019/06/21/oberlin-college-gibson-bakery-lawsuit-column/1523525001/

So what is your point? An accusation was proven unfounded by the court and it awarded damages?  Sounds like the system is working.  No need to protest.

I am far more concerned when the system doesnt work - like when those that are genuinely dicrimnated against never receive a judgement in their favor.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 11:02:37 PM

This is just using Trump's tactic of whining that's he's not racist, the accuser is.

Don't take you eye off the ball folks, Individual 1 is in a lot of shit and Yellow Wall is trying to deflect from it.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 10:56:22 PM
  Director Wray, speaking to Congress, testified that about 100 Investigations occurred over 'the past 9 months', regarding domestic terrorism.

"about one half of those, were what you might call 'white supremacy' related" is the paraphrased reply to one lawmaker question regarding white supremacy as a concern.

The constant attacks by leftist (mainstream and other) media, and Democrat opportunist Presidential Candidates, as well as lesser Democrat agitators, who can always be expected to follow the 'news' camera, and give radical comments without follow up challenges by said media, is deafening at this point.

White supremacy advocates are not found mixed into society, let alone found in elected office in any number of significance. Joe Biden may remember when the Klan Members marched openly in Washington DC, and held Congressional Committee Chairs as Democrats, both House and Senate, and since the death of the revered West Virginia Senator, that is not the case any more.

Joe Biden knows that, or knew that when he was fully cognitive and could get through a speech without stuttering and mis-remembering, or mis-stating from memory the locations of which he speaks.

Democrats have calculated that they can do without men as voters, without any who did not follow the anchor of Hillary's election, it seems, and the race baiting tactics, in a foul attempt to keep relevant, keep the issue taking up headline space, even as families of the victims deal with funerals, and grief, is a sad thing to witness.

So many, Millions of ballots last year, voters under voted when it came to President on the ticket, choosing to write in Mickey Mouse, or Bernie Sanders, or Jill Green or whatever, instead of Hillary Clinton, to deny Democrats the win, without accepting Trump as their choice. Same for 2X Obama voters, who were not happy about their issues being addressed well by Obama/Biden, who took an opportunity to vote for Trump, in their search for fulfillment.

Calling 'wolf', calling 'racism', calling 'white supremacy' every time, every issue, every daily leftist cable station headline daily, is not a winning play.

The 50ish number of FBI Investigations over nine months, related in some way to "what you may call 'white supremacy'" is not the cases prosecuted, only the raw investigations, regardless of a finding of evidence to prosecute, let alone win cases.

This is the number, the true number, or thereabouts, of real troublemakers bent upon pressing their errant ways upon others... maybe a few of them are a threat to take up arms, in their crazed attempts to be relevant.

Not a National Crisis number. The few among them who wish, already have obtained access to firearms, and they have done so by less than legal means, so the various 'camel nose under the tent' ideas, for which Congress should return to the Capitol to vote for just one more bill, would be without merit.

Good Ole' Joe, calling 67,000,000 and more U.S. Voters racists and white supremacy advocates, slurring through his speech today, is not a call to action so much as a declaration of desperation... sad to see.

Trump was well received in Dayton, OH, by the people there, and I expect he will be similarly well received by El Paso, TX today, without regard to fake latino, and other local officials, who are busy doxing their own constituents.

Keep America Great!

_priapism

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 11:02:07 PM
Thank you for reminding me that people like you exist.

psiberzerker

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 11:05:05 PM
 Calling 'wolf', calling 'racism', calling 'white supremacy' every time, every issue, every daily leftist cable station headline daily, is not a winning play.

See?  We just went an entire page and a half without accusing anyone of Racism, it was all about sexuality, allegations of sexuality, gender, and alleged gender.

So, not every day, every issue, every time. 

We do have other things to talk about.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:49:55 AM by psiberzerker »

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 11:22:38 PM
  Not 50 attacks, 50 Investigations over Nine Months, who Director Wray said "you may call 'white supremacy' related", speaking to a legislator as he gave a answer to their question... So... 317,000,000 or whatever the number is, divided into 50, = MAJOR CRISIS?  Not.

Note, he did not say 50 Prosecutions, 50 Convictions, 50 Terrorists Jailed...
said of the 100 or so Domestic Terrorism investigations the FBI did over a recent nine month period, about 50 'you may call white supremacy related'.

Am glad the FBI is doing its job, and hope they hang them high, if they find the crime they are looking for... and... not Joe Biden slurred speech worthy, not a winning issue for anyone, crying wolf about this as though this is the most important crisis facing our country today.

Now I see Nancy Pelosi is being pressured by 'the squad' to return the House to Session to address White Supremacy... Biden should take note of who is standing with him, and plan his escape, I think...

psiberzerker

Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 11:27:42 PM
So... 317,000,000 or whatever the number is, divided into 50.

You wrote out, yourself he said HALF.  That's 50% of 100, but now you want to make up new numbers?

1 racially motivated terror attack is too many.  Period.  Racist violence has to end, it won't with people like you telling us "It's not that bad."

It's not that bad for you.

(Also, that would be 50 divided FROM 317million, or whatever it is, but you already demonstrated that you don't know how your own math works.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 11:33:25 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 12:09:36 AM
  Again, Director Wray said around 50 investigation fit what the legislator might call White Supremacy.  Not any number of attacks, no attacks in fact, just 50 who were investigated over 9 months in the US 'may' fit the legislator's 'white supremacy' question.

I was thinking about 50 vs. all the people in the US as a off the cuff small % example, but we could use other comparisons for "50", like number of folks shot in Chicago on a slow two day weekend... or any consecutive three or four day period in that beautiful city.

Here we are in early August, and Baltimore has over 300 Homicide count from violent acts... hell Chicago had more people shot last weekend than El Paso, and Dayton in the two well publicized crimes that sparked all this... the Dayton and El Paso shooters just had better aim... seems.

So, equivalent to one white supremacy investigation for each State... not counting DC of course which hopefully will never be a State, and will lose at least two of the Electoral College votes guaranteed to Democrats, when we are finally merged back into Maryland as just one more Congressional seat guaranteed to Democrats forever...  Would save a fortune, just eliminating the DC local politicians and their take, having Maryland State Police instead of the 28 plus police forces we now have here.

White Supremacy is a evil boogeyman, convenient to do nothing about for all the years of Obama/Biden, and the 32 Mass Shootings that occurred in those years, hand wringing, and good, smooth, moving speeches, excepted. That does not even count the killing of Police during Biden's riding 'shotgun' years, or the fiasco with the hoodlum bully strong arm robber in Ferguson, and the 75 or more Federal Marshals sent there, along with years of whatever one calls the marches, and burning of various Hair Accessory businesses, all for naught.

So White Supremacy, Nazi sympathy voters, the same ones called deplorable in an effort to get the same result all those years ago, more claims and hand wringing... Nancy should call back the House, just to mess with them, and pass something that will be DOA in the US Senate... and hopefully the President will stop tweeting about how he will knuckle under to guy grabbers, soon...

It is Hot in August in DC. No politician wants to be here. Somehow the Dem Presidential Candidates have let a few days go by without blaming Republicans for Climate Change, or caging Babies, in their zeal to keep in front of the El Paso cameras, and cameras documenting a shooting outside a bar at 1AM in Dayton... I think that shooter killed his sister in the melee, if I heard right... some sad stuff.

psiberzerker

Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 12:13:40 AM
 Director Wray said around 50 investigation fit what the legislator might call White Supremacy.  Not any number of attacks, no attacks in fact, just 50 who were investigated over 9 months in the US 'may' fit the legislator's 'white supremacy' question.

He answered the question.  Again, that's 50 too many.

I was thinking about 50 vs. all the people in the US as a off the cuff small % example, but we could use other comparisons for "50", like number of folks shot in Chicago on a slow two day weekend... or any consecutive three or four day period in that beautiful city.

Again, that's 50 too many.

Here we are in early August, and Baltimore has over 300 Homicide count from violent acts... hell Chicago had more people shot last weekend than El Paso, and Dayton in the two well publicized crimes that sparked all this... the Dayton and El Paso shooters just had better aim... seems.

You just complimented terrorists, on how well they conduct terrorism, on US soil.  We're done here.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 12:32:49 AM
  It is 100 too many Domestic Terrorism folks who warrant investigation by the FBI, double the white supremacy ones, and each is one too many, I agree.

And, it is noble to seek to eliminate all Domestic Terrorism, white or otherwise.
Seems most are represented, if only 50% are white supremacy criminals. No one asked the FBI director who the other half happened to be, that I am aware about.

psiberzerker

Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 12:40:03 AM
[/color]Seems most are represented, if only 50% are white supremacy criminals. No one asked the FBI director who the other half happened to be, that I am aware about.[/color]

So, you're going to assume, without checking, that every Domestic Terrorist in the US gets investigated?  How convenient.

Even assuming, as you did that exactly half of all (Not just "Investigated") domestic terrorists are White Supremacists.

The rest are Minorities.  You know what that means?  It's still White Supremacy.

Again, 50 is too many.