NFL Thread

Athos_131 · 47266

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1645/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #80 on: January 06, 2020, 06:49:49 PM

On another note, was pleased to see an old fart backup QB for the Eagles do his team justice despite their loss.  To be 40 and get your first chance to play in a playoff game after so many years (and teams) must have been a dream a long time coming.

One of the Chicago papers, in their sport section, has a column titled The Josh McCowan ex-Bear player of the week in which a once Bear player has excelled that week for another team.

Too bad Wentz was hurt but, like you, nice to see the oldest QB to play in a playoff, show that he still had it. He even looked good running the ball.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1344/-3
Reply #81 on: January 12, 2020, 02:15:36 AM
And once again, Minnesota fans have had their playoff hopes crushed.  San Francisco moves on towards Superbowl dreams.

Minnesota teams just can't seem to get it together when it really matters.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +616/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #82 on: January 12, 2020, 06:21:34 AM
They wasted 84 Million on Mr. Cousins, and know it... "you like that ?", lol.

On the other hand, Baltimore managed to suck tonight, just way off their game, and the Tennessee Titans whupped the Ravens.

Could be an interesting SuperBowl... am looking up Foods in case of a Titans or SanFrancisco winner for the February Game...

Looking forward to Sunday's games, as well.

And once again, Minnesota fans have had their playoff hopes crushed.  San Francisco moves on towards Superbowl dreams.

Minnesota teams just can't seem to get it together when it really matters.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1794/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #83 on: January 12, 2020, 02:53:49 PM

Two disappointing outcomes at our house.  We had a few people over.  Rooting for Vikings and Baltimore. 

:(  & :(

My observation of the Vikings receivers is they weren't finishing their routes and they weren't trying hard enough to get open.  :(  wanted Kirk to win.  He's a local (MI) kid and from MSU.  Been a fan for a while.  $84 m is an awful lot though.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #84 on: January 12, 2020, 03:03:25 PM
San Francisco was channeling Joe Montana.  Minnesota was channeling Fran Tarkenton.

My former father-in-law insisted Tarkenton was the greatest of all time.  I replied, “The greatest of all time at losing Super Bowls (3).”  Of course, Jim Kelly would beat that record for futility in the 90’s (4).

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #85 on: January 12, 2020, 04:07:33 PM
The Titans wanted the game more than the Ravens did, and it showed. The Ravens looked terrible. 49ers defense is fast. They shut down the Viking's running game.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3180/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #86 on: January 12, 2020, 08:12:58 PM
Well, I've been welcomed to this site very nicely by all of you.  And have really enjoyed my time on this site.  I guess it's time to make some enemies LOL

GO PACK GO

_priapism

Reply #87 on: January 12, 2020, 08:20:17 PM
Well, I've been welcomed to this site very nicely by all of you.  And have really enjoyed my time on this site.  I guess it's time to make some enemies LOL

GO PACK GO

We are rooting for the Packers and KC.  Is anyone here a Seahawks fan?  If so, they’ve been quiet about it.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1344/-3
Reply #88 on: January 12, 2020, 08:27:42 PM
Could it be...is our rising star Shiela a Cheesehead? :emot_weird:

Maybe not from Wisconsin, but a Cheesehead. :D

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #89 on: January 12, 2020, 08:36:55 PM
That I am.  Although I must admit that some of my fandom left with Jordy nelson... god to be his wife.... nevermind that, that's a sidetrack.

I hope it's Pack and KC.  Then people might be quiet about the missed Rodgers v Mahomes earlier this season.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #90 on: January 13, 2020, 12:04:37 AM
Well, I've been welcomed to this site very nicely by all of you.  And have really enjoyed my time on this site.  I guess it's time to make some enemies LOL

GO PACK GO

I'm a DETROIT Lions fan. I don't dislike any of the teams in our league.   We're coming in last.  Until we get competitive, I root for any team  from our league to win the Super Bowl.  

Go pack go
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:08:42 AM by MintJulie »

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #91 on: January 13, 2020, 02:12:38 AM

Go pack go

Getting your wish so far.  21-3 at the half. Honestly, who would pick the Seahawks over the Packers?

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #92 on: January 13, 2020, 02:49:36 AM
That I am.  Although I must admit that some of my fandom left with Jordy nelson... god to be his wife.... nevermind that, that's a sidetrack.

I hope it's Pack and KC.  Then people might be quiet about the missed Rodgers v Mahomes earlier this season.

I am right under you, geographically speaking... ;D. Our teams motto is "Wait until next year". Speaking of the Bears, Cubs, etc

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #93 on: January 13, 2020, 04:50:55 PM
Brother-in-law was making plans to drive his RV to Miami to see the Ravens play in the Super Bowl.  He isn’t just disappointed now, he’s pissed.

Probably tore up that Lamar Jackson jersey we gave him for Christmas.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #94 on: January 13, 2020, 06:31:39 PM
Well, I've been welcomed to this site very nicely by all of you.  And have really enjoyed my time on this site.  I guess it's time to make some enemies LOL

GO PACK GO

I'm a DETROIT Lions fan. I don't dislike any of the teams in our league.   We're coming in last.  Until we get competitive, I root for any team  from our league to win the Super Bowl.  

Go pack go

That’s commendable Jules, but I rarely go that route, especially, and with all due respect to toe, I cheer for two teams, the Redskins and whoever is playing the Cowboys.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3139/-41
Reply #95 on: January 13, 2020, 07:10:50 PM

GO PACK GO

Go pack go

That’s commendable Jules, but I rarely go that route, especially, and with all due respect to toe, I cheer for two teams, the Redskins and whoever is playing the Cowboys.

I agree. Though I don't really follow the NFL all that much, I'm a lifelong Bears fans, and I hate the Packers (and Vikings) with a visceral passion.

I say this with all affection, Jules, but you're a traitor!

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #96 on: January 13, 2020, 08:06:34 PM

I agree. Though I don't really follow the NFL all that much, I'm a lifelong Bears fans, and I hate the Packers (and Vikings) with a visceral passion.

We Chicago sports fans fall under the term, masochists.  8)

Green Bay's season will end in San Francisco this weekend.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #97 on: January 13, 2020, 11:33:34 PM

I'm a baseball and hockey fan. Those I'm more passionate about. 

Dan is a hockey, basketball, and football fan.  What happens Detroit football and basketball, doesn't matter to me.  I do like college basketball though.  But again, once Mich or MSU are out, I'm rooting for the BigTen teams.

I will never root for the Yankees.  Nor will I ever root for the Blackhawks, Cubs, or WhiteSox.  I will root for my favorite Tigers that have gone elsewhere though.  Justin Verlander, Rick Porcello, Max Scherzer (in that order).

I did go to a White Sox vs Cubs game about 6 years ago-ish.  That was fun. First time at the Cubs Field.  I love the surrounding area.  Wrigleyville?  In the middle of a neighborhood.  So cool.  

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #98 on: January 19, 2020, 01:32:08 AM
The NFL fined Kansas City Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher $14,037 for unsportsmanlike conduct, per Pelissero. The action in question? Fisher dumped two beers on himself while celebrating a touchdown last week against the Texans.

Most expensive beers EVER!!!  :emot_weird:

_priapism

Reply #99 on: January 19, 2020, 02:49:49 AM
NFL Playoffs 2020: Schedule, Odds and Predictions for Sunday's Games

JAKE RILL
JANUARY 18, 2020

The weekend is here. The kickoffs for the NFL's conference championship games aren't far behind.

Sunday marks the biggest day of the season so far, as the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tennessee Titans will face off for the AFC title and the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers will then contest the NFC title game.

The winners advance to Super Bowl LIV, which will take place Feb. 2 in Miami.       

Conference Championship Info

Sunday, Jan. 19

AFC Championship Game

Who: No. 6 Tennessee Titans at No. 2 Kansas City Chiefs

When: 3:05 p.m. ET

TV: CBS

Odds (via Caesars): Kansas City -7; over/under 53 points

Prediction: Chiefs 34, Titans 28

NFC Championship Game

Who: No. 2 Green Bay Packers at No. 1 San Francisco 49ers

When: 6:40 p.m. ET

TV: Fox