KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

And Another One Bites The Dust....

joan1984 · 6421

psiberzerker

Reply #40 on: October 03, 2019, 04:41:38 AM
We'll all find out when it happens.  That's my prediction.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #41 on: October 03, 2019, 04:54:38 PM
I disagree that impeachment proceedings are a waste of time.  This is because we have to take a stand for our country and Constitution.  No one should be able to use the power of the presidency to extort other country's leaders to manufacture dirt on political opponents.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #42 on: October 03, 2019, 05:31:09 PM
"... No one should be able to use the power of the presidency to extort other country's leaders to manufacture dirt on political opponents..."

On that we agree. No extortion, no request to manufacture dirt, NADA, is indicated at all in the transcript of the call. Never happened.

Only in Chairman Adam Schiff's lying recitation is that nonsense stated. That he later said his 'recitation' was a parody, a joke, after reading the statement before Congress, and Cameras for all to hear, far later...

Schiff knew he was lying, knew what the Transcript showed, and instead "went with" his plan to lie to the Congress, lie to the American People, and to the world news audience about the President of the United States, and the leader of Ukraine.

I disagree that impeachment proceedings are a waste of time.  This is because we have to take a stand for our country and Constitution.  No one should be able to use the power of the presidency to extort other country's leaders to manufacture dirt on political opponents.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Online MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #43 on: October 03, 2019, 06:00:48 PM

Exactly.

More to the point, the House has not begun impeachment proceedings. The House has initiated an inquiry into whether or not it should begin impeachment proceedings. And the difference is not semantic.

Right now, the House, which, according to the Constitution, has the sole power to impeach, has opened an inquiry into and investigation of actions committed by the current president. That’s still a long way of impeachment.

It is akin to law enforcement officials and prosecutors suspecting someone of a crime. When this occurs, the person is not immediately arrested and handed over to trial. First, an investigation is launched to learn more about the potential suspect’s culpability, and whether or not there is sufficient evidence to indicate the suspect’s potential guilt. It is only after an investigation has been completed that an arrest will be made, and the suspect ordered to appear before a grand jury, which determines if there is sufficient evidence to hand the suspect over to trial.

And that’s the function the House serves in the impeachment process. The House neither arrests nor convicts the president. It simply serves as a grand jury, determining whether or not the president is guilty of the crimes with which he has been accused, and determining whether these actions are, in fact, impeachable offenses, and whether or not the president has committed “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Even if President Trump were to be impeached by the House -- and that's still a way off, if it happens at all -- it is extremely unlikely that he would be convicted by the Senate, barring new information or new revelations. The Senate needs a 2/3 majority to convict, and currently, the Senate is comprised of 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and two Independents (Angus King of Maine and Bernie Sanders of Vermont). For Trump to be convicted in this hypothetical scenario, all of the Democrats and both Independents would have to vote to convict, and 20 Republicans would have to cross the aisle and vote for conviction. That possibility couldn’t be more unlikely.

Nonetheless, at this moment, asserting that the House is wrong in opening their inquiry is like asserting that law enforcement officials are wrong to open an investigation of a potential criminal, someone for whom there is evidence of wrongdoing.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #44 on: October 03, 2019, 06:21:45 PM
  The use of the word "Impeachment" in whatever Democrats now are doing, does not make their activity 'an Impeachment', nor does "Impeachment" authority convey to those doing today's activities. Today's activities are just as they were last week and the weeks prior.

When a formal vote of the House Of Representatives on whether to begin Impeachment Proceedings may occur, if it occurs, with the proceedings may come a variety of things, including Rights of the President's party House Members.

Democrats are attempting to gin up "impeachment" talk in the media, very successfully due to complicit mainstream media, without asking Democrat House Members to commit to anything, and avoiding the spectacle of Democrats voting against their Constituent's interests in many cases.

At this point, a few Committee Chairs, from solid BLUE cities and locations, and Speaker Pelosi, take any risk, and their constituents, their Districts, are solid blue, will vote for them whether they are on the ballot or not. 6 House Members?

The rest of the Nation are unrepresented in this dust up, wholly, no matter who their representatives or where they may live, or what they believe. This handful of zealots, and sycophant mainstream media, and the comedy echo chamber, are running what amounts to a coup to topple the President, drive his approval numbers to a tipping point, the truth be damned.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #45 on: October 04, 2019, 09:35:24 PM
Bernie has had his blocked artery treated, so his heart is not in danger anymore.  This is a concern when you have a candidate who actually has a heart.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #46 on: October 04, 2019, 09:49:43 PM
Am sure all wish him well, good recovery, and long life.

Bernie has had his blocked artery treated, so his heart is not in danger anymore.  This is a concern when you have a candidate who actually has a heart.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1610/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #47 on: October 04, 2019, 10:21:43 PM

I somewhat agree, Lois. Unfortunately, this impeachment process is taking place the same time that the Presidential election is heating up and completely taking over the news, leaving candidates and their message buried in the back pages of newspapers or just before the weather on your local news. All this hue and cry and when it gets to the Senate nothing may happen. Meanwhile, candidates and their message who arerunning for the presidency cannot be heard as they should.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

psiberzerker

Reply #48 on: October 05, 2019, 01:37:40 PM
It's still over a year before the election.  Plenty of time...

not long enough for a full impeachment.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #49 on: November 01, 2019, 11:35:54 PM
NY Times just reported Beto O'Rourke will drop out of the Presidential Primary.

Just heard that on radio, and await anything official from the Candidate.

psiberzerker

Reply #50 on: November 01, 2019, 11:36:54 PM
Still waiting to see who's going to be running from the Republican side...

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #51 on: November 01, 2019, 11:38:53 PM
You know exactly who will be on the Republican Ticket.

psiberzerker

Reply #52 on: November 01, 2019, 11:44:54 PM

Okay, I'd like to see who ELSE will be on the ticket, assuming they're eligible to run, without concerns about foreign election interference.

It's not like we've never seen the GOP field 20+ candidates in a single pre-election.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:49:30 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #53 on: November 02, 2019, 12:35:55 AM

Yeah, Pence and a yet to be named VP candidate.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #54 on: December 03, 2019, 07:55:50 PM

_priapism

Reply #55 on: December 03, 2019, 08:08:11 PM
In less than 48 hours over Sunday evening and Tuesday afternoon, Sen. Kamala Harris, once considered among the top tier of candidates, former Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak and Montana Gov. Steve Bullock all dropped out of the race for the Democratic nomination.

This isn’t a Trump victory.  This is how the nomination process works.

There are still 15 in the field, so I predict 14 more will “bite the dust” before it is over.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #56 on: December 03, 2019, 08:57:49 PM
At this point I think there's a 96% chance people would rather vote for baby Yoda for president.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1762/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #57 on: December 03, 2019, 09:35:43 PM
At this point I think there's a 96% chance people would rather vote for baby Yoda for president.

I love baby Yoda.

Dan is loving Mandolorian (sp?)

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #58 on: December 03, 2019, 09:53:33 PM

I love baby Yoda.

Dan is loving Mandolorian (sp?)

The Mandalorian is the only Disney star wars wifey really likes.

I despise star wars thanks to her lifelong obsession, but even I kinda like it. The fuckin' puppet is adorable.  :roll:

She wants a plushy, Disney don't got it. They put r2d2 on fuckin' boxes of mac and cheese, but no plushy of baby Yoda.  :roll: I'd buy her one for Xmas if they had it.

_priapism

Reply #59 on: December 03, 2019, 11:39:09 PM
Holiday sweater....