KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And Another One Bites The Dust....  (Read 879 times)
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 764

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2020, 07:51:21 PM »

WOO! I agree. You summed it up very nicely.

A naughty thought is a terrible thing to waste
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 323

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2020, 01:43:49 AM »

"..America is bordering on third world banana republic status at the moment.  We have a big economy, and a big army.  Otherwise, nothing to admire or emulate here.  It’s not as bad as you’ve heard, it’s worse..."

Please be more specific.  Americans do not want "change", other than to make
a change at the White House level, and are supposedly willing to choose "whatever" as the alternative?

Other than being secure (big army), being safe (big economy), which fits with why Americans would not wish to see "change", especially undefined "change" as the Obama years promised, and the misery for many those years delivered,
seems "tweets" is the issue voters will supposedly trade their secure, safe, lives  to "whatever" the various unhappy wannabe's may or may not promise.

Imagine if politicians would find ways to get along, stop all the foot dragging, and work toward the same goals as our President... imagine if Democrats did anything over the past three, working on four years, other than feather their own nests, attempting to reverse the 2016 election that Democrats lost.

Imagine a mainstream media that simply report the facts, and let all of us decide, rather than OMIT positive news, so that when we find the Economy is good, so many are surprised by that... rather than being better informed along the way, as the President and this Administration worked well to foster the day to day efforts which result in a good economy.

Want more of the same, as to how Dems act when they should be working?
Vote for "whatever" in November 2020. And be unhappy for the future.

Get on board the moving train, support common sense efforts to better this Nation, and your own situations, in November 2020, and smile again.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 623

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2020, 06:08:37 AM »

Obama got the economy going again, Trump is claiming credit for it.

As for President, Bernie has the best poll numbers against Trump.  My fear is that he would be devisive and further polarize the country.  I also fear he would be a one term President because of his age and health.

I still prefer Warren, but will back whomever the Dems pick.  All they really need to do is undo what Trump has done.

Yes, I'd like universal healthcare, but it's probably best to ease into it with a public option added to the ACA.

staci
Freakishly Strange

Fame 970

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2020, 11:30:38 PM »

Envision a woman that has experience, temperment, education, spotless reputation, would require little or no campaign time, would appeal to the young, old, poor, affluent, minorities, women, LBGT and is in fact a Democrat.

The problem is she is a wife, mother and involved with helping others in lieu of her political interests. More money is the least of her worries and her priorities run counter to the jackass current running our nation.

No doubt in my mind, she would win.

Imagine her with Val Deming or Susan Rice as Vice President. Oprah as Chief of Staff and Kamala Harris as Atty Gen. Glass ceiling is shattered.
msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 326

Co-POY 2019

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2020, 01:55:19 PM »

The local newspaper came out with this political cartoon supporting our local gal,
Sen. Amy Klobuchar.

Wish she had more of a chance, but it's doubtful.  After Hillary will the Dems. go for another woman? Plus, she's still not that well known. Who knows, the election process keeps getting crazier.

BTW - Minnesota church suppers are well known for the mysterious food described as "hot dish".  You could find most anything once you stick your fork in.

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 190

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2020, 04:45:06 PM »

On Friday I’m making a casserole.  I live too far away from the north Midwest to call it hot dish.
MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2124

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »

On Friday I’m making a casserole.  I live too far away from the north Midwest to call it hot dish.

While I've never heard the expression "hot dish," I grew up in the Midwest, and casseroles were an absolute staple. They come in a very wide variety of forms, but they were almost omnipresent. It's an especially handy dinner for families working under a tight budget: A few simply ingredients, many of which are already on hand, and you have a nutritious, inexpensive, and delicious family dinner.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 326

Co-POY 2019

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2020, 05:34:28 PM »

So...can our Amy put together a fine casserole of special interest groups to get the nomination?

Sadly, it's the far right and far left that make the most noise and get catered to.  The middle are too busy trying to live their lives to have time to get involved.

Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 190

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2020, 06:19:44 PM »

While I've never heard the expression "hot dish," I grew up in the Midwest, and casseroles were an absolute staple. They come in a very wide variety of forms, but they were almost omnipresent. It's an especially handy dinner for families working under a tight budget: A few simply ingredients, many of which are already on hand, and you have a nutritious, inexpensive, and delicious family dinner.

The other day I was making mac & cheese and inadvertently got the bottom of the box wet.  Not wanting to chance some wet macaroni put back in the pantry or waste it, I cooked the whole box and ended up freezing a couple bags of cooked macaroni.  The last bag gets thawed Thursday.  I bought a can of cream of mushroom soup and some mushrooms.  I’ll raid the fridge and freezer for some meat and vegetables and we’ll have a one dish meal.  Most likely a Cote du Rhône or Bordeaux will be uncooked.
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 555

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2020, 06:24:13 PM »

My mother was an awful cook, and casserole was her idea of “fancy.”  So she made a tuna fish casserole with crumbled potato chips on top.  Usually to take to the church pot luck.  I just get triggered still, over 40 years later, when confronted by pot luck.  I should be grateful we had food to eat, but those were some pretty bleak years.
msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 326

Co-POY 2019

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2020, 06:39:02 PM »

Here in Minnesota the "hot dish" went to a whole new level when "Tater Tots" were introduced.  Right into the casserole dish along with whatever else was handy. Yes, they called it a casserole dish, but the end product was and still is "Hot Dish". Cheesy

MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2124

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »

Here in Minnesota the "hot dish" went to a whole new level when "Tater Tots" were introduced.  Right into the casserole dish along with whatever else was handy. Yes, they called it a casserole dish, but the end product was and still is "Hot Dish". Cheesy

Tater Tots are one of the greatest inventions known to humankind.

And you can quote me on that.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 190

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2020, 11:37:37 PM »

In culinary school there was an entire class devoted to the potato, and a multitude of preparations were demonstrated and enjoyed.  The words tater and tot did not come up.
msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 326

Co-POY 2019

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2020, 12:00:19 AM »

So Miss B...beer and Tater Tots. Yum.

Tater Tots are one of the greatest inventions known to humankind.

And you can quote me on that.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: