KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

"Cancel Culture"

Guest · 1155

_priapism

Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 03:53:09 AM
I blame the Internet and the social media that it spawned.  It used to take access to the press, and a veracity of credibility, to reach an audience.  Now you can say or do most anything, and it will go viral within hours.  It is destroying lives, careers, politics, and community.  I’m ready to take up an ascetic lifestyle and go live in BFE.

_priapism

Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 08:38:47 PM
Last week I posted a picture of a Ku Klux Klan hall on my home town’s “memory page” that is devoted to discussion of historical sites and remembrances.  Most of them are things like “anybody remember that great hamburger joint on 3rd Street?”  Some of them are more serious.  Photos of historic buildings and locations.  Some extant.  Most gone.

I’ve been involved with this group for years and am a frequent poster.  Surprise.  Hundreds of posts.

So the last remaining Ku Klux Klan auditorium in the country resides in our fair city, and the owners want to tear it down.  Built in 1927, it has a historical designation, but no historical protection.  Apparently the KKK is not something the city wants to preserve or protect.

And the history group must feel the same way. I posted photos with comments about the building’s tortured legacy. Within an hour, my account was cancelled, and all of my posts were removed.  The Administrators refuse to reply to my PM’s.  I’m ghosted.

You can’t learn from history if you can’t talk about it.  I’m obviously not a KKK advocate.  But now all the work I put in documenting our city’s history is for naught.  All the photos and documents I collected and shared are erased.  Just because some gutless faceless person got triggered, and imposed the death penalty, because I dared to mention the KKK was once a big deal in our hometown.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:41:32 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 10:39:45 PM

I posted photos with comments about the building’s tortured legacy. Within an hour, my account was cancelled, and all of my posts were removed.  The Administrators refuse to reply to my PM’s.  I’m ghosted.

This is ridiculous.

Same with the tearing down of civil war statues.   It's history.  Can we not preserve it.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3071/-41
Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 11:06:03 PM

I posted photos with comments about the building’s tortured legacy. Within an hour, my account was cancelled, and all of my posts were removed.  The Administrators refuse to reply to my PM’s.  I’m ghosted.

This is ridiculous.

Same with the tearing down of civil war statues.   It's history.  Can we not preserve it.

At the risk of getting all polemical on a lazy Sunday afternoon, it' not Civil War statues that's the problem, it's statues celebrating Confederate leaders -- and th legacy that they represent.

And they're not really being torn down, they're being removed, and, in some cases, being put it museums, exactly where they belong. Yes, they represent history, but history is taught in classrooms and museums, and not in town squares, and not in a way that distorts historical events.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1575/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #24 on: March 01, 2020, 11:32:25 PM

And they're not really being torn down, they're being removed, and, in some cases, being put it museums, exactly where they belong. Yes, they represent history, but history is taught in classrooms and museums, and not in town squares, and not in a way that distorts historical events.

Until recently, some U.S. history, as it actually occurred,  was not taught in U.S. elementary and high school classrooms. The whitewash versions were taught.  I agree on the statues though, and by removing them to a museum, can be a learning experience for the younger generations if they are told the true historical reasons why the statues were erected in the first place.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.