Coronavirus, The plague has arrived

Jed_ · 39382

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #520 on: March 29, 2020, 06:36:37 PM
Glad I never buy Bayer, but then who need to pay extra for their advertising.

On the way home from delivering TP to her brother the cop, a car with New York tags passed us.  I began thinking about people fleeing ares of infection thereby potentially spreading this even faster.  Young people who moved from rural areas to find jobs in the city probably can’t make their April rent, so inevitably they will head home to mom and dad’s in wherever.

So, if you don’t have it where you are, you will.  Last I knew, where I was born and still have a lot of family had zero cases.  I know that will change.

_priapism

Reply #521 on: March 29, 2020, 07:05:35 PM

On the way home from delivering TP to her brother the cop, a car with New York tags passed us.  I began thinking about people fleeing ares of infection thereby potentially spreading this even faster.  Young people who moved from rural areas to find jobs in the city probably can’t make their April rent, so inevitably they will head home to mom and dad’s in wherever.

So, if you don’t have it where you are, you will.  Last I knew, where I was born and still have a lot of family had zero cases.  I know that will change.

We have six confirmed cases in my small town, and NO testing kits in our county.  These people all went to San Antonio for tests.  So it’s here.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #522 on: March 29, 2020, 07:22:45 PM
Many here have fled the metro area for their summer cabins up north. Some are finding fear and resentment from the small town residents.  As the problem grows things could get ugly.

Toilet paper hoarding is just the tip of the iceberg.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #523 on: March 29, 2020, 07:56:06 PM
Many here have fled the metro area for their summer cabins up north. Some are finding fear and resentment from the small town residents.  As the problem grows things could get ugly.

As the Buffalo Springfield sang in their song  "For What It's Worth":

Paranoia strikes deep Into your life it will creep It starts when you're always afraid You step out of line, the man come and take you away. We better stop, hey, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down Stop, hey,

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

_priapism

Reply #524 on: March 29, 2020, 07:59:14 PM

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2947/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #525 on: March 29, 2020, 08:01:57 PM
Because, what could possibly go wrong?

Trump administration allows companies to break pollution laws during coronavirus pandemic

I guess he believes filling the air with as much toxins as possible will kill the virus.

IdleBoast

Reply #526 on: March 29, 2020, 08:03:00 PM

I live in an area with a lot of holiday homes & holiday mobiles homes.  The local population jumped about 2-3 weeks ago as people ran from the cities with their children - the news was then full of shots of heavy crowds in what everybody must have hoped would be empty, out-of-season towns.

Shortly after, the government asked folk not to run to the countryside...

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #527 on: March 29, 2020, 08:41:17 PM
LOL!  Because only royalty is allowed to do that.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #528 on: March 29, 2020, 09:57:18 PM
As it's easy to look at the dark side of events now occurring, there's still heart warming stories out there too.

A Doctor, working in Minnesota was pulled over for speeding in a rural area of Minnesota.  The State Trooper gave her a lecture, saying she should know better.  He declined to write her a ticket tho'.  She was going 85 in a 70 mph zone.

Before handing back her license, the Trooper handed her a few of his N95 face masks he'd been issued for his protection.  The action brought her to tears.

Here's a link to the story if you're interested in reading it.
https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-trooper-s-roadside-gesture-during-traffic-stop-brings-doctor-to-tears/569200342/

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #529 on: March 29, 2020, 10:34:45 PM
With each visit to the grocery store, I admire the beleaguered workers striving to keep shelves stocked and deal with customers who are either scared, angry or just confused.

They are front line fighters along with medical personal, first responders and the many others who are out doing essential jobs as the rest of us shelter in place.

Our local political cartoonist illustrated my feelings this way:

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #530 on: March 29, 2020, 11:01:55 PM

We have six confirmed cases in my small town, and NO testing kits in our county.  These people all went to San Antonio for tests.  So it’s here.

Yeah, my boss just texted me it’s in the town I live in too.  We already knew. She got an alert on her new phone.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #531 on: March 30, 2020, 04:32:13 AM

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +430/-10
Reply #532 on: March 30, 2020, 01:22:36 PM
I'm beginning to understand why dogs get so excited about going for a walk outside.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #533 on: March 30, 2020, 02:34:47 PM
The President just extended social distancing until April 30.

The head of the CDC now says there could be between 100,000 and 200,000 deaths in the United States from the virus.

The good news just keeps on coming...

_priapism

Reply #534 on: March 30, 2020, 06:47:00 PM
Trump administration sent protective medical gear to China while he minimized the virus threat to US

Word is, China is now selling our respirators, masks, and protective gear back to us, to the highest bidder among US hospitals.

Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.

Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 06:53:29 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #535 on: March 31, 2020, 05:29:11 AM
   President Trump has earned a 60% approval rating for handling the crisis. The American Public, save Democrat agitators still fighting and pining for Hillary, have spoken.

What poll was that?  A Faux News poll?

Trump is doing better in the polls, with a 45.9% approval rating, and his approval of his handling of the crisis is 49.9 among thos most likely to vote.

If he wins the upcoming election, it will be due to the crisis.  Americans typically rally around their leaders in times of crisis, if only Trump was more of a leader.

_priapism

Reply #536 on: March 31, 2020, 05:48:37 AM
Trump’s average approval rating, today, is 45.3%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?cid=rrpromo

Trump’s approval rating has nothing to do with Coronavirus and this is getting moved to the Trump thread.

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +430/-10
Reply #537 on: March 31, 2020, 01:19:02 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like March 2020 has been the longest month in history?

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #538 on: March 31, 2020, 03:00:38 PM
llinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) on Monday said that his state received the wrong type of medical masks from the federal government in a shipment meant to equip medical professionals in the coronavirus fight.
"My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state, and while we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for," he said at a press conference, according to CNN, which noted that doctors wear the N95 masks when interacting with infected patients.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #539 on: March 31, 2020, 03:18:23 PM
llinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) on Monday said that his state received the wrong type of medical masks from the federal government in a shipment meant to equip medical professionals in the coronavirus fight.
"My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state, and while we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for," he said at a press conference, according to CNN, which noted that doctors wear the N95 masks when interacting with infected patients.

Because that's what my sister and her wifey need... Surgical masks.  :facepalm: