News:

Coronavirus, The plague has arrived

Jed_ · 39659

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1319/-3
Reply #420 on: March 24, 2020, 04:57:55 PM
We'll... it's not down, but Olympics are now delayed one year.  A bitter disappointment to athletes around the world.  No dot they've scheduled their training to peak in time for this event. Several older we're probably looking at this being their final Olympics before retirement.

Appears we can expect a summer without sports.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #421 on: March 24, 2020, 06:10:52 PM
  The 15 Day distancing, stay home to break the cycle, will be up soon. The Malaria+generic Rx drug test in New York State supposedly began yesterday, and if positive results are shown, as have been reported in other anecdotal reports, positive signs should be evident in days, so later this week for sure.

The President is reviewing Medical input from many sources, including the ones on the Corona Virus Task Force, and he is responsible to review, and determine the health of the U.S. Economy as well, and so it is not surprising all options are on the table, in addition to the current '15 day cycle breaker' in place today.

Business cannot sustain retention and pay of employees, without production and sale recovery for very long. Purchase of ongoing inventory alone requires the day to day decision making of business owners about sustaining the business at all, as their costs continue to mount.

I would hope our Executive Administration is working very hard to bring up to date information to the planning for continuing to Keep America Great, in the very practical sense of getting back to work with healthy employees, as any with health issues take the time needed to recover fully, so we keep a healthy workplace, and allow our Economy to bounce back against this Virus earliest.

All of our futures is at risk, and we all need to be helping the US to recovery.

_priapism

Reply #422 on: March 24, 2020, 06:11:30 PM

We are under a Stay-in-place Order.  All nonessential businesses have been shuttered.  My wife works for an essential business.  All employees have been placed on minimum wage for eight weeks.  It will cut down on their unemployment premiums, when they let everyone go.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #423 on: March 24, 2020, 06:16:23 PM
  The 15 Day distancing, stay home to break the cycle, will be up soon. The Malaria+generic Rx drug test in New York State supposedly began yesterday, and if positive results are shown, as have been reported in other anecdotal reports, positive signs should be evident in days, so later this week for sure.

The President is reviewing Medical input from many sources, including the ones on the Corona Virus Task Force, and he is responsible to review, and determine the health of the U.S. Economy as well, and so it is not surprising all options are on the table, in addition to the current '15 day cycle breaker' in place today.

Business cannot sustain retention and pay of employees, without production and sale recovery for very long. Purchase of ongoing inventory alone requires the day to day decision making of business owners about sustaining the business at all, as their costs continue to mount.

I would hope our Executive Administration is working very hard to bring up to date information to the planning for continuing to Keep America Great, in the very practical sense of getting back to work with healthy employees, as any with health issues take the time needed to recover fully, so we keep a healthy workplace, and allow our Economy to bounce back against this Virus earliest.

All of our futures is at risk, and we all need to be helping the US to recovery.

_priapism

Reply #424 on: March 24, 2020, 06:24:29 PM
Right wing demagogue Alex Jones claimed that his $7.49 toothpaste “kills the whole SARS-corona family at point-blank range,” until hit with a restraining order. At least you get some minty fresh breath.

Offline xXshepXx

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
Reply #425 on: March 24, 2020, 06:52:39 PM
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests he, other seniors willing to die to get economy going again

Maybe I'm just biased as a European, but I'm rather glad to live in "communist" (well at least in they eyes of republicans) country. If any politician would make such a statement in public here, he could kiss his political career goodbye.

I'm not okay, you're not okay. But hey, that's okay

ChirpingGirl

Reply #426 on: March 24, 2020, 07:07:19 PM
Wifey takes temp job the day#TheGreatAmericanTakeout trends on Twitter.

:emot_laughing:

CJ only had to work half the day.

Ready to go back to normal. Any time now...  :roll:

_priapism

Reply #427 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:51 PM
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests he, other seniors willing to die to get economy going again

Maybe I'm just biased as a European, but I'm rather glad to live in "communist" (well at least in they eyes of republicans) country. If any politician would make such a statement in public here, he could kiss his political career goodbye.

Dan Patrick is not even a Texan. He was born and raised in Baltimore, and graduated from the University of Maryland. The carpetbagger has six grandchildren, “why don’t you lead by example Dan?“ We’d be happy to get rid of him. Maybe Maryland will take him back in a prisoner exchange.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #428 on: March 24, 2020, 10:56:15 PM
 :roll:

Stock market news: Dow skyrockets to best day since 1933; markets bet on stimulus.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-updates-march-24-2020-221411642.html

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1319/-3
Reply #429 on: March 24, 2020, 11:05:42 PM
If only we could implement this plan.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

_priapism

Reply #430 on: March 24, 2020, 11:34:02 PM

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #431 on: March 25, 2020, 06:50:56 AM
In other news an Arizona man has died and his wife is being treated after taking a medication for fish called Chloroquine Phosphate after Trump announced Chloroquine was was to be used in drug trials as a treatment for COVID-19.

The actual situation is that when zinc gets into a cell it is belived to interfere with the Corona virus' ability to use the cell to replicate.  Chloroquine is belived to help zinc get into the cell, so it is not Chloroquine on its own that could be a treatment for the novel Corona virus.

And please do not start eating zinc, it is toxic in large doses, and Cloroquine must also be dosed carefully as it can be deadly in the wrong dose.

Chloroquine is a synthetic of quinine.  Quinine is added to Tonic Water.  So drink all the Tonic water you want.  I've never heard of anyone dying from drinking Tonic water.  So have a Gin & Tonic and tell yourself it's medicine.

As for Zinc, you can buy Zinc lozenges at the drug or health food stores.  But do not take more than the recommended dose and only for the short term.  Long term use can cause problems because large doses of  zinc can be toxic.

Read here for more info: https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/zinc-lozenges-cold-remedy

And note: there is no proof it will work.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #432 on: March 25, 2020, 12:31:58 PM
  The couple in question in the case of ingesting Fish Tank Cleaner powder, is more in line with "Florida Man" posts. The people ignored the Poison Control Phone Number, Skull and Crossbones, and somehow believed something stored under their utility sink could take the place of a Prescription Medication...

Wifey got a clue, when hubby fell over dead after they drank the 'cocktail'. They apparently did not read about the Z-Pack Prescription successful anecdotal evidence notes to take in conjunction, with the Medical Prescription Malaria drug. Sad how some continue to earn Darwin Awards.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #433 on: March 25, 2020, 12:59:33 PM
  Phase 3 Stimulus Bill, scheduled to pass today, at 2 Trillion Dollars.

So, not counting other spending, not counting the 4 Trillion Dollars the Fed is injecting into the economy by active purchase of 'dead' assets, or the State funding going on in near every State and District to keep order, and help citizen health and welfare, this Two Trillion Dollars hopefully offsets the costs of what the steps needed to deal with this novel virus creates.

Some numbers, if I am doing my "goesinta's" correctly... lets say all this results in the United States keeping the loss of life here to 30,000 citizens
when it is all said and done... simple division tells me we will spend, just from today's Bill:
 33 Billion Dollars per Corona Virus Death.

Someone here please check my math... 2 T divided by 30,000...

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Online Dirtymind

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +130/-1
Reply #434 on: March 25, 2020, 02:01:36 PM
This is going to have a devastating effect on America.  First of all, no quarantine.

Then something like 70% of Americans doesn't have $400 saved for emergencies - so the overwhelming majority of them are going to not get tested because it's too expensive. And small businesses - when this goes on for a month or two, you will see businesses folding left, right and center.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1611/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #435 on: March 25, 2020, 02:46:03 PM

When I read his comment I thought of the many sci-fi movies where the elderly tend to be the first to be sacrificed. The scary thing is that more then a few young people have been quoted agreeing with what he said. Let's see if he will man up and be willing to sacrifice himself.  As for me, I plan on living for a while.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #436 on: March 25, 2020, 02:47:05 PM

Dan Patrick is not even a Texan. He was born and raised in Baltimore, and graduated from the University of Maryland. The carpetbagger has six grandchildren, “why don’t you lead by example Dan?“ We’d be happy to get rid of him. Maybe Maryland will take him back in a prisoner exchange.

No thank you.

Nancy Pelosi came from Baltimore too, much rather she come back.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #437 on: March 25, 2020, 02:50:45 PM
This is going to have a devastating effect on America.  First of all, no quarantine.

Then something like 70% of Americans doesn't have $400 saved for emergencies - so the overwhelming majority of them are going to not get tested because it's too expensive. And small businesses - when this goes on for a month or two, you will see businesses folding left, right and center.

Like mine which is already closed too long.  :facepalm:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #438 on: March 25, 2020, 03:58:15 PM
One day into her temp job and wifey has been offered the full time job once this is over.  :emot_laughing:

I don't think she'll take the pay cut.  ;D

Online Dirtymind

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +130/-1
Reply #439 on: March 25, 2020, 04:33:43 PM
Like mine which is already closed too long.  :facepalm:

I totally get it.  The majority of my business is in the wine industry and events.  So these coming months are going to be rough. Good luck Chirp.