Coronavirus, The plague has arrived

Jed_ · 38363

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #1080 on: June 12, 2020, 02:29:29 PM
On Memorial weekend I saw some friends were having a party.  I even drove by the house as it was a frequent short cut I use in our town.  I saw some of the guy’s Harleys in the driveway and shook my head.  These guys are too old to be risking gatherings.  My Peruvian would have freaked if I attempted to stop.

Last weekend on our cemetery jaunt, we checked out a campground.  I’m put off by the ones with pools and playgrounds, look for quiet, solitude and good scenery.  This place was overwhelmed with kids and adults in the small pool, must have been 70 of them marinating in that viral mess.

Trump will claim the protests are at fault for the resurgence of the virus, and there may be a tiny amount of true to that.  But I think way too many people looked at the Memorial weekend and decided, ‘fuck it!’

And many will regret that.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1570/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1081 on: June 12, 2020, 03:25:04 PM
Anybody in authority has to lead by example. Our president doesn't. People see him flaunting the scientists so they think the virus must be bogus, or worse, a conspiracy.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #1082 on: June 12, 2020, 04:41:40 PM
It is going to spread until we either reach herd immunity or an effective vaccine. We need a plan to manage the spread so the health care system is not overwhelmed.  This plan should include education regarding how to optimize the immune system and a temporarily expanded disability system so our most vulnerable can stay home and not have to work and risk exposure.

We also need to continue practicing social distancing, washing our hands, and wearing face ,masks when around others.

_priapism

Reply #1083 on: June 12, 2020, 06:01:38 PM
The Texas state order to reopen requires employees to wear face masks, and most do.  Some don’t. And I don’t return, if that is the case.  Typically though, I am the only person who dons a mask.  Social distancing markers are on the floors at checkout counters, and people for the most part space out.  But it’s honestly just a big fucking trainwreck in motion, looking for a place to happen.  The virus isn’t Trump’s fault.  His total lack of leadership, or willingness to be told anything by the experts is.  Look at New Zealand.  0 cases.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1084 on: June 12, 2020, 09:53:27 PM
What I don't get is how washing hands, social distancing and wearing face masks has become a political "Only enemies of Trump do that" thing.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #1085 on: June 12, 2020, 10:02:09 PM
What I don't get is how washing hands, social distancing and wearing face masks has become a political "Only enemies of Trump do that" thing.

It’s best to think of Trump supporters as ignoramuses, as any alternative is less flattering.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3063/-41
Reply #1086 on: June 12, 2020, 10:07:24 PM

I think I get it.

In a very real way, Trump has two main keys to his m.o.: First, he perceives anger and frustration among the people in the country, and parlays that into votes for himself. -- truth, reality, or practicality be damned. And second, he views everything in black and white and thus, us and them.

And that's what he's doing here. He sees how people are angry, frustrated, and upset about the COVID-19 restrictions. He wants to tap that in order to boost his chances in November, and he thus he believes that lifting -- or demanding the lifting or restrictions -- is the way to achieve that, and anyone against him (or who stands in his way), is "them."

And, yes, "they" are social distancing, disinfecting, wearing masks, and trying to keep themselves and those around them from dying.

But that's not the point...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #1087 on: June 16, 2020, 10:30:55 PM
One thing I noticed this evening looking at COVID-19 stats Jules.  I recall seeing Michigan as the state with the 3rd most cases not too long ago.  Michigan is now 9th.  My own state is 10th for many days now, but weeks ago was 13th.

I saw where Michigan now leads the nation in reduced infections, meaning how much the state has come down from where it was.  I’m not so sure the draconian measures of the governor can be dismissed in light of that.

I still don’t want her as VP though.

_priapism

Reply #1088 on: June 17, 2020, 01:16:35 AM
Texas is #6 overall, but #1 in new cases.  Remember when our GOP Lt. Governor (Marylander Dan Patrick) said that grandparents should be willing to die to save the economy?  Be careful what you wish for.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:47:06 AM by ToeinH2O »

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1089 on: June 17, 2020, 01:48:10 AM
Texas is #6 overall, but #1 in new cases.  Remember when our GOP LT. Governor said that grandparents should be willing to die to save the economy?  Be careful what you wish for.

Yes, I remembered what he said. Asshole is a mild word for him.  ;D

_priapism

Reply #1090 on: June 17, 2020, 01:56:25 AM
Texas is #6 overall, but #1 in new cases.  Remember when our GOP LT. Governor said that grandparents should be willing to die to save the economy?  Be careful what you wish for.

Yes, I remembered what he said. Asshole is a mild word for him.  ;D

He’s a fucking Evangelical, alt-right, fascist, with a radio show.  Just the kind of idiot who makes a good Republican politician.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #1091 on: June 17, 2020, 03:18:28 AM
Texas is #6 overall, but #1 in new cases.  Remember when our GOP Lt. Governor (Marylander Dan Patrick) said that grandparents should be willing to die to save the economy?  Be careful what you wish for.

Marylander?  We must have kicked him out.

_priapism

Reply #1093 on: June 22, 2020, 11:30:50 PM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:43:55 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1094 on: June 26, 2020, 04:43:57 PM
Moving up the list as a leading cause of death.

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
COVID-19:  126,839
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1095 on: June 26, 2020, 07:23:23 PM
Lois, newspapers report that is states like Arizona, Texas and Florida where the C-19 virus is increasing since they opened up a month earlier then other states.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #1096 on: June 26, 2020, 07:26:35 PM
I'm not closing again.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1097 on: June 26, 2020, 07:34:11 PM
I'm not closing again.

That's not what the governor said yesterday. He will not hesitate...yadda, yadda, yadda  ;D ;D

ChirpingGirl

Reply #1098 on: June 26, 2020, 07:57:51 PM
I'm not closing again.

That's not what the governor said yesterday. He will not hesitate...yadda, yadda, yadda  ;D ;D

He can go fuck himself.

_priapism

Reply #1099 on: June 29, 2020, 07:08:04 PM
Next week will mark four months of sheltering in. If anything, the pandemic is 100 times worse now in Texas than it was when we started. And there’s no end of it in sight.

I’m just going to bitch and moan for a moment. I am so tired of staying in one place. I am so tired of not being able to participate in a public life. I’ve really grown tired of online social media, interactions in Messages, and virtual reality.

I am in an extremely high risk group, and I have type A blood.  I absolutely cannot afford to get this virus.  But I also think I’m going to go insane before they get a vaccine available.  10 million cases worldwide now.  500,000 verified, reported deaths.  And it’s not over.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:12:33 PM by ToeinH2O »