IMPEACHMENT WEEK - Ann Coulter

joan1984 · 450

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
on: January 23, 2020, 10:42:14 PM

Ann Coulter: IMPEACHMENT WEEK–It’s OK to Be Bored; Not OK to Be White

It’s weeks like this that make me wish I had a job and didn’t have to stay home watching TV. With the impeachment nonsense dragging into its 56th month, I have some random observations, only a few of which have anything to do with impeachment.

As tempting as it must be for Republican senators to make a headlong rush to the TV cameras at the conclusion of the day’s festivities, they would be well advised to say this, and only this, each night:

Here are the vital issues the United States Congress did NOT address today:

— Repairing our highways, bridges and border with a major infrastructure bill.

— Ensuring that all Americans can get jobs by cutting off the deluge of cheap foreign labor.

— Providing the public with quality services by not inviting the rest of the world to come partake of government benefits meant for Americans.

— Fixing the disaster of Obamacare, so that all Americans have access to quality health care (by activating the same mechanisms that give them quality food, housing and iPhones: the free market, contract law, and occasional government subsidies).

— Passing a bill to defund all the pointless, expensive military deployments around the globe, so we can FINALLY address the hellfires in our own hemisphere.

— Ending the opioid crisis by declaring war on Mexican drug cartels and building a wall.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell should attach electrodes to the testicles of every Republican and blast him the moment he (OR SHE!) diverges from the script.

2 The person I really feel sorry for is Nancy Pelosi. I assume she’s weeping uncontrollably as she watches her chances of holding the speakership dwindle every time Jerry Nadler waddles to the mic. True, you “go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want,” as Donald Rumsfeld said, but surely there are more telegenic Democrats than Nadler and Adam Schiff.

3 Every day since forever, the New York Times has run a column about how white people are getting on African Americans’ last nerve.

On Monday of this week, it was “How Much Racism Do You Face Every Day?”

Average for black teenager: 5x a day.

Example: Hearing about a family member who experiences something they described as racial discrimination.

And here’s one from Tuesday, titled: “How to Convince a White Realtor You’re Middle Class; Black people expend daily energy to counteract racial stereotypes and get fair treatment.”

The examples included a white real estate agent asking a slatternly attired black woman if she could afford a specific house, and a black woman claiming she was required to sign a “no party” pledge before checking into a Portland, Oregon, Marriott.

Also since forever, whites have been trying not to offend. Thus, on the same day as the racial stereotypes column, the Times ran an article about white Iowa voters terrified of picking a Democratic nominee whom black people won’t like.

It’s useless. No matter how hard they try, whites just can’t stop offending black people with their damned “microaggressions.”

My thought is, anyone of any race can commit “microaggressions” against people of other races. What we all should endeavor to do is avoid macro-aggressions — you know, little things like murder, rape, assault, and carjacking.

4. Last week, 20-foot-tall letters appeared on the side of a barn in Southport, England, spelling out the phrase: “IT’S OK TO BE WHITE.” British papers went on red alert, denouncing the “[r]acist and anti-ethnic graffiti” that “hocked” and “appalled” residents.

We understand and deeply apologize for such monstrous racism. Would any of these variants pass legal muster?

— It might be acceptable to be white, but we’re not sure, we’ll get back to you.

— While it is certainly never OK to be white, we hope you will accept our deepest apology.

— Whiteness is not for everybody, but to say it’s ‘OK’ to be white is not who we are.

If none of these are acceptable, please rest assured, we don’t mean to offend. Apologies all around! We’re all staying late at the office to figure this out. Food is being sent in as we speak …

At least we won’t have to watch impeachment news.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 12:31:46 AM by joan1984 »

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 10:45:32 PM
Request assist by a Moderator, cannot get text to show in main post on this thread. Help please. Thank you.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:17 PM
Attempt to show text of OP in this thread by quoting:

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2020-01-22.html

size=20pt]Ann Coulter: IMPEACHMENT WEEK–It’s OK to Be Bored; Not OK to Be White[/size]

It’s weeks like this that make me wish I had a job and didn’t have to stay home watching TV. With the impeachment nonsense dragging into its 56th month, I have some random observations, only a few of which have anything to do with impeachment.

1) As tempting as it must be for Republican senators to make a headlong rush to the TV cameras at the conclusion of the day’s festivities, they would be well advised to say this, and only this, each night:

— Ensuring that all Americans can get jobs by cutting off the deluge of cheap foreign labor.

— Providing the public with quality services by not inviting the rest of the world to come partake of government benefits meant for Americans.

— Fixing the disaster of Obamacare, so that all Americans have access to quality health care (by activating the same mechanisms that give them quality food, housing and iPhones: the free market, contract law, and occasional government subsidies).

— Passing a bill to defund all the pointless, expensive military deployments around the globe, so we can FINALLY address the hellfires in our own hemisphere.

— Ending the opioid crisis by declaring war on Mexican drug cartels and building a wall.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell should attach electrodes to the testicles of every Republican and blast him the moment he (OR SHE!) diverges from the script.

2) The person I really feel sorry for is Nancy Pelosi. I assume she’s weeping uncontrollably as she watches her chances of holding the speakership dwindle every time Jerry Nadler waddles to the mic. True, you “go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want,” as Donald Rumsfeld said, but surely there are more telegenic Democrats than Nadler and Adam Schiff.

3) Every day since forever, the New York Times has run a column about how white people are getting on African Americans’ last nerve.

Example: Hearing about a family member who experiences something they described as racial discrimination.

And here’s one from Tuesday, titled: “How to Convince a White Realtor You’re Middle Class; Black people expend daily energy to counteract racial stereotypes and get fair treatment.”

The examples included a white real estate agent asking a slatternly attired black woman if she could afford a specific house, and a black woman claiming she was required to sign a “no party” pledge before checking into a Portland, Oregon, Marriott.

Also since forever, whites have been trying not to offend. Thus, on the same day as the racial stereotypes column, the Times ran an article about white Iowa voters terrified of picking a Democratic nominee whom black people won’t like.

It’s useless. No matter how hard they try, whites just can’t stop offending black people with their damned “microaggressions.”

My thought is, anyone of any race can commit “microaggressions” against people of other races. What we all should endeavor to do is avoid macro-aggressions — you know, little things like murder, rape, assault, and carjacking.

4) Last week, 20-foot-tall letters appeared on the side of a barn in Southport, England, spelling out the phrase: “IT’S OK TO BE WHITE.” British papers went on red alert, denouncing the “[r]acist and anti-ethnic graffiti” that “hocked” and “appalled” residents.

We understand and deeply apologize for such monstrous racism. Would any of these variants pass legal muster?

— It might be acceptable to be white, but we’re not sure, we’ll get back to you.

— While it is certainly never OK to be white, we hope you will accept our deepest apology.

— Whiteness is not for everybody, but to say it’s ‘OK’ to be white is not who we are.

If none of these are acceptable, please rest assured, we don’t mean to offend. Apologies all around! We’re all staying late at the office to figure this out. Food is being sent in as we speak …

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 11:47:14 PM
Request assist by a Moderator, cannot get text to show in main post on this thread. Help please. Thank you.

I dunno, I see the usual level of substance to this Ann Coulter post.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 12:29:06 AM

I dunno, I see the usual level of substance to this Ann Coulter post.

Exactly.

Ann Coulter never has anything of substance to say, so...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 01:08:10 AM
For a Member with interest, click "Quote" and read the post there, where the entire OP's post shows clearly. Thank you.

_priapism

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 04:39:10 AM
I made it visible.  Read it.  Left it invisible.  Boo.

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-10
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 02:02:14 PM
Joan: There's a missing left bracket ([) in the code before (size=20pt). Edit and change from:

Code: [Select]
[color=yellow]size=20pt]Ann Coulter: IMPEACHMENT WEEK–It’s OK to Be Bored; Not OK to Be White[/size]
to

Code: [Select]
[color=yellow][size=20pt]Ann Coulter: IMPEACHMENT WEEK–It’s OK to Be Bored; Not OK to Be White[/size]
and see if that makes it visible.

**Poster is not expressing any opinion about Ann Coulter one way or the other, simply pointing out a mistake in the code to the OP.**

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1616/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 05:15:13 PM
I made it visible.  Read it.  Left it invisible.  Boo.

But isn't that a form of censorship? Most of us here probably would read the first couple of lines then skip on to other threads but that should be up to the individual readers. Just saying.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

_priapism

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 06:12:28 PM
I made it visible.  Read it.  Left it invisible.  Boo.eTend someone is nibbl

But isn't that a form of censorship? Most of us here probably would read the first couple of lines then skip on to other threads but that should be up to the individual readers. Just saying.

I’m not a moderator, so I have no obligation to forward hate speech.  I read a couple of lines and move on when you are talking about having your penis nibbled.  This is a different topic altogether.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 06:29:16 PM

I made it visible.  Read it.  Left it invisible.  Boo.

But isn't that a form of censorship?

No.

And that's because:

* To the best of my knowledge, none of the Mods are members of Congress who have passed laws abridging Fist Amendment rights to free speech. Nor, as far as I am aware, are they members of state legislatures.

* No user has the right to post anything here -- neither you, nor Joan, nor me, more anyone else. Lois "owns" the site, and we are all here as her guests.

* Given our status as guests, the Owner and Moderators are free to modify, abridge, or delete any content they wish. They do so for legitimate reasons -- e.g. a post violates board rules -- or they may do so for any reason whatsoever.

The beauty of KB is that neither the Owner or the Moderators almost never modify, abridge, or delete content without a specific and legitimate reason. The hallmark of free speech -- within a small handful of board rules -- remains as true today as when the board first went live 14 years ago.

And those same principles also give Toe the right to "make it visible, read it, and leave it invisible."

Personally -- and I am by no means contradicting Toe -- if I knew how to make it visible, I would have. But since technology has never been my strong suit, I've no idea how to do so. I believe in the free exchange of ideas, again, within the framework of the board's rules, and even content that I oppose, disagree with, or find repulsive should have a place here.

And, by and large, it does.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:04:29 AM by MissBarbara »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 08:07:04 PM
Tried to make it visible by removing parenthesis as in combination with numbers they often mimic other codes, but didn't work.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 09:31:15 PM
Tried to make it visible by removing parenthesis as in combination with numbers they often mimic other codes, but didn't work.

Perhaps the inability to make it visible is divine intervention, and I need to rethink my position on such things.

‘Thou shall not read Ann Coulter. . . . . ‘

_priapism

Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 10:15:18 PM
Wow.  I decided to post it for you.  It showed up in the preview pane, but not the post.

I’m guessing someone has blocked *nncoulter.com

Thank you if that is true!  LOL.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:18:09 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 12:37:42 AM
seems the "link" was being rejected, preventing the message. I had posted the link to Ann Coulters site at the start of the message. Sorry about that. At least now, anyone who wishes can SEE the original post.

joan

_priapism

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 01:34:59 AM
Thank you for your bullshit racist post.  Not buying what you are selling.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1616/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 04:22:04 PM

No.

And that's because:

* To the best of my knowledge, none of the Mods are members of Congress who have passed laws abridging Fist Amendment rights to free speech. Nor, as far as I am aware, are they members of state legislatures.

Freudian slip, MissB?  ;D ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #17 on: January 25, 2020, 10:39:47 PM

No.

And that's because:

Freudian slip, MissB?  ;D ;D

No, just an historical inaccuracy.

What most Americans don't know is that the Bill of Rights originally contained 11 amendments, with the 11th being the one that barred that type of sexual activity. For reasons that have puzzled historians for over 200 years, that one was left out in the ratification process.

(Nice catch)

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 11:19:13 PM

Ann Coulter: IMPEACHMENT WEEK–It’s OK to Be Bored; Not OK to Be White

As tempting as it must be for Republican senators to make a headlong rush to the TV cameras at the conclusion of the day’s festivities, they would be well advised to say this, and only this, each night:

2 The person I really feel sorry for is Nancy Pelosi. I assume she’s weeping uncontrollably as she watches her chances of holding the speakership dwindle every time Jerry Nadler waddles to the mic. True, you “go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want,” as Donald Rumsfeld said, but surely there are more telegenic Democrats than Nadler and Adam Schiff.

3 Every day since forever, the New York Times has run a column about how white people are getting on African Americans’ last nerve.

4. Last week, 20-foot-tall letters appeared on the side of a barn in Southport, England, spelling out the phrase: “IT’S OK TO BE WHITE.” British papers went on red alert, denouncing the “[r]acist and anti-ethnic graffiti” that “hocked” and “appalled” residents.

----------
bump