KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Americans Satisfied With Life = 90%  (Read 176 times)
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 323

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 06:03:45 AM »

Did I say that Trump is the reason for the record amount of Americans who express 'satisfaction with life'? I did not.

Some have TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome, and cannot allow themselves to get past being lied to by Democrats and Media about Hillary, about what was wrong with how America had addressed our own Nation, and simply cannot get over their depression about the results in 2016. Sounds like that is what Toe, and others, are expressing to Gallup Organization.

As to President Trump, actually he has seen a 'bump' in his approval ratings lately, and is doing just fine in that regard.

Your dissatisfaction with your life, seems from continuing to bet the wrong horse... stubbornly believing various politician, throwing various promises in hopes someone may be listening, so they can achieve power, and maybe, just maybe one of them, any of them, will satisfy your 'need' to forget 2016, and just move on with your life.

Satisfaction with life has absolutely nothing to do with the Impeached Trump.  His approval ratings are historically low, as always.  So it annoys me to no end that John wants to tie the two together. A majority of Americans do not approve of him, do not approve of the direction our country is head, and will not be voting for him in November.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 623

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 03:00:16 AM »

I know I'm satisfied with my personal life.  I have a wonderful BF, and we are financially stable, mostly due to downsizing things to more affordable so we have less worries overall.  Also, my cats give me great comfort.  I really enjoy them.  Kitty love is the purrrrest love at all.

joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 323

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 05:06:19 AM »

Good to hear, Lois. Seems you fit right in with most Americans.

I know I'm satisfied with my personal life.  I have a wonderful BF, and we are financially stable, mostly due to downsizing things to more affordable so we have less worries overall.  Also, my cats give me great comfort.  I really enjoy them.  Kitty love is the purrrrest love at all.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 323

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 11:19:48 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/theyre-voting-in-new-hampshire-but-this-democrat-just-wants-to-jump-off-a-bridge 
  TheDailyBeast seems to have the answer as to why TOE is not among the Ninety Percent of Americans who are satisfied with their lives today.

Thinking of you, TOE. Good luck...

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 555

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 11:39:54 PM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/poll-new-hampshire-democrats-meteor-trump-949636/

Large Majority of New Hampshire Democrats Prefer Death by Meteor Than to See Trump Win Again

Sixty-four percent of those polled chose ‘a giant meteor strikes the earth, extinguishing all human life’ over the president’s re-election
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 623

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 08:25:25 PM »

The poll was about being satisfied with personal lives, not political or any other aspect.

I am extremely concerned about the course of my country under Trump.  Trump seems to have a basic misunderstanding of what it means to be a nation of laws where everyone is supposed to have equal footing.

joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 323

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 10:53:06 PM »

Exactly, personal lives, LIFE, and Ninety + Percent say YES, satisfied.

So, I am happy you are satisfied with life, and know I am satisfied with life.

As to politics, many people go their own way. Some don't like Trump, and
do not explain why, so as to help them like Trump more. They have decided they do not like Mr. Trump, and that is it.

Having said that, which of the 18 other Republicans, none of whom had the votes in Primary elections in 2016, would you prefer to have Won and be our
President today?  Ted Cruise was closest at the end of the R. Primary, as I recall. 

Would you be More Satisfied with a President Cruise?

Or, would none of the viable Republicans who participated in the 2016 Primary be who you would be HAPPY with as our President today, and in 2020?

If none, then I read that that "politics" is not important enough to you, to affect how you feel about being satisfied with life in general.

Nothing wrong with that, and there are some who share your politics wishes, who tear themselves up about the whole thing inside, and are less than HAPPY with their personal lives, as politics, for whatever reason, is so important to them.

Folks with such reliance on politics, to achieve satisfaction in their personal lives are the folks who encourage Mainstream Media, and elected Politicians, to keep the political scene in turmoil, for no really good reason, just for the "horse race"... and cannot let go of their favorite issue(s) for the 4 years it takes to see the next Politician elected...

The poll was about being satisfied with personal lives, not political or any other aspect.

I am extremely concerned about the course of my country under Trump.  Trump seems to have a basic misunderstanding of what it means to be a nation of laws where everyone is supposed to have equal footing.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: