KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - It's Cheaper Than Therapy

News:

• Congratulations to Valley Vixin
    KB's 2020 Erotica Writer of the Year
  • Become a member for access to more areas of our message board, it's free!  Register here.
  • Congratulations to Shiela_M
    KB's 2020 Pervert of the Year

Ask the Vet. (advice)

staci · 499

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +727/-54
Reply #45 on: March 21, 2020, 10:31:31 PM
I still have to go to the vet for teeth extractions.

Most go to a dentist..... :emot_laughing:

For my cats you goof!  :emot_kiss:

I have two cats with very bad teeth, and another two that knocked our front canines leaving the root exposed.  All required very expensive surgery.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +357/-1
  • As far as I know, I'm freaking delightful
Reply #46 on: January 13, 2021, 07:15:39 PM
This recent dog food recall has a lot of people concerned.  Sportmix pet food products have been the cause of more than 70 dog deaths, and they are now expanding the recall into more of their product lines including some cat foods.  We have been getting calls and people been rushing pets to us worried about what they are feeding them.  So far we haven't heard about any other recalls from other pet food companies (currently).  I have been suggesting that people make their own pets food for them.  It may cost a little more but it is so much healthier for your pets.  We make this sometimes for pets in our care.

Ingredients
4 chicken leg quarters or 4-6 chicken thighs.
1 bag of mixed frozen veggies
1/2 bag of kale or spinach
1/2 can pumpkin puree (helps with digestion)
Instant rice
Turmeric (helps fight cancer)
Cinnamon (dental health/breath control, plus it helps with the smell of the cooking chicken)

Do not use canned veggies

Pressure cook the chicken with turmeric and cinnamon for about an 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour.

This is where it gets a little gross.  We use a meat grinder, but if you dont have one you need to use your hands. Remove the bones and mash up the chicken.  Once that is done, mashup the bones as best you can. Bigger pieces need to be removed and discarded, but try to keep as much as the marrow as possible.  Cartilage is fine to leave as is.

Empty the bag of frozen veggies into a pot, add enough water to just cover the veggies.  Bring to a boil and then shut off heat. Add the pumpkin puree.  The water will have taken a lot of the nutrients from the veggies so you want to keep it.

blend it all together in a blender or food processor.  Add enough rice to absorb as mich water as possible.  It will look disgusting, but your dog should love it.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"

Online MintJulie

• Global Moderator Version Number 9.7.1 POY 2016
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +816/-4
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #47 on: January 13, 2021, 08:27:05 PM
Woo for the good doggy advice

“There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is.”

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +972/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 10:41:41 PM
Woo for the good doggy advice

WOO also.  8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.