Trump v. Biden - quick poll

Lois · 6250

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #160 on: November 02, 2020, 04:47:18 PM
Why don't you like Biden?

The things I don't like about him he's appologized for.  I also think he's too old for the job, but so is Trump.

Online MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1754/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #161 on: November 02, 2020, 05:29:02 PM

The things I don't like about him he's appologized for.  I also think he's too old for the job, but so is Trump.

I'm in the same boat as Msslave.  I am not a big fan of Biden because of his age and I think he has some age related problems going on.  In all honesty, I don't think Biden will serve out his 4 years if elected.
He's also contradicted himself numerous times on issues. I think he tells people what he thinks they want to hear.  He's not believable to me.
I liked Harris and Klobuchar earlier in the race for the nomination. I was starting to warm up to Pete Buttigieg when he dropped out.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #162 on: November 02, 2020, 06:55:15 PM
Well, one of the old candidates is decent, honest and caring.  And the other is the antithesis of that.

_priapism

Reply #163 on: November 02, 2020, 06:57:14 PM

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #164 on: November 02, 2020, 07:05:07 PM
  There is good reason not to want JoE as your President. As Lois said,
JoE has apologized for anything he was called out on by other Dems, during the Democrat Primary Debates especially.

So, writing and pushing the 1994 Legislation, designed to lock up lots of Black Men and Teens who were selling cocaine on street corners in their neighborhoods... and getting LONG prison sentences when caught as compared to NO sentance, NO Jail Time at least, for White cocaine sellers of any age... most Whites were able to get off without JAIL, due to the way the 1994 Democrat Legislation was written, to punish Crack Cocaine sales and addicts with severe long sentences, so as to protect American cities then governed by Democrat Politicians.

JoE made it a point to agree with near every crackpot idea of every one of the fellow Debaters, whether he did it ahead of the Debates, during the Debates, or after the Debates in the SPIN ROOMS, and to apologize for nearly everything other Democrats accused him about, in his 47 years of being an elected politician.

He never admitted to the RAPE accusations, but that was a woman employee in his Senate Office, and hey... Men will be Men, right...?

JoE never quite admitted mauling and molesting, on camera, on stage, the Daughters of other dignitaries who were forced to pose with JoE, as he sniffed their hair, and rubbed against their backs, massaged the little girl's shoulders, while their mostly Democrat Donor Parents smiled for the photographers, alongside their distressed daughters, and JoE...

JoE never admitted, in fact has been quoted saying Hunter never did anything wrong, and Demcrats discretely ducked any questions, turned them on the Reporters who dared to ask, with full Media support of the usual MSN 'suspects', while the FBI announced, confirmed, Hunter is being "Looked At", and his "Computers Seized" for an open Criminal Money Laundering Investigation...  No, JoE Biden is just gutting this one out, and only needs to keep the wolf from the door for one DAY now, after which it will not matter at all if Biden is elected.. and Biden can likely LOSE the election, and has Democrat Backing enough to just do as Democrats have done for the past 4 to 5 YEARS, blaming Trump for whatever difficulty Democrats are having... past and present.

Nate Silver has given MSM Talking Heads some wiggle room, to say "the race is tightening" and "without PA, Biden is the Underdog" today, and some are openly trying to suppress live voting in general, in hopes to suppress some Republicans from going to the Polls tomorrow at all.

Since the RACE here at KB has been tight, within any margin of error at least, and stands at 2 apart this afternoon... one of the two 'gap' is mine, as I Voted Here for "Other"... so one of the 'other' is a clear Trump Vote.. closer race here than I expected, I must say.

Last Chance to view Live Trump Rallies is today:
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/tag/donald-trump-rallies/ 

There are FIVE Rallies scheduled for today, some already occurred, and next is at Scranton, PA, beginning at about 2:15 to 2:20 PM EST... and more Rallies to follow this evening, each in near must win States...

Enjoy.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #165 on: November 02, 2020, 07:19:25 PM

OK, first thing to understand about me is I'd been a Republican most of my life. I quit carrying water to the elephant when the religious right took over the party. I still voted Republican until 4 years ago, when I just refused to vote for either Trump or Clinton.

As for Biden, he just doesn't seem to be able to communicate with out a teleprompter. As I'm in the same age group as both candidates, I won't comment about that. OK, I'll admit I'm not as sharp as in my younger years...so that weighs against both Trump and Biden, just based on personal experience.

Looking at the choices of the last two elections, I'm in favor of bringing back the "smoke filled room" of political operatives picking the candidate.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #166 on: November 02, 2020, 07:24:49 PM
Well, one of the old candidates is decent, honest and caring.  And the other is the antithesis of that.

We’re not deciding if it’s wrong or right to put pineapple on pizza.  It’s a bit more serious than that.

_priapism

Reply #167 on: November 02, 2020, 08:16:50 PM

But other than that, he’s pretty much like any other President.

Trumpists are not good Americans.  They actually hate America, and are doing everything in their power to destroy equality, opportunity, and hope for the future.  It’s not a difference of opinion.  It’s a difference of morals, empathy, compassion, and knowing the difference between good and evil.

Take down the dictator tomorrow.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #168 on: November 02, 2020, 09:48:07 PM

Put it this way, regardless of the outcome half the country will be grieving.  One candidate will reach out to the other side and try and console them, the other will spray lighter fluid and throw matches.

_priapism

Reply #169 on: November 02, 2020, 10:43:37 PM
A Vote for Donald Trump is a Vote for Indecency.

By Matt Turner
November 2, 2020

You are your vote.

You can try to rationalize your support for Donald Trump. But at the end of the day, a vote for Donald Trump is a vote for indecency.

It is a vote for cruelty; for denial of truth; for depraved indifference to human life; for racism, sexism, and nativism; for corruption of the highest order; and for the destruction of our republic in favor of an authoritarian and despotic state.

You can try to parse your personal values from those held by the person you entrust to the White House by saying every president is flawed but he gets things done.

But this is a lie upon a lie.

First, you are lying to yourself when you pretend that normal human failings are equivalent to the cruel, narcissistic sociopathy of Donald Trump. I do not need to recount his almost countless transgressions—you know them, even if you try to ignore them.

You would never tolerate such moral relativism and obfuscation of conscience in your children. Why do you tolerate those things within yourself?

Second, he does not get things done. By all useful measures, the country is worse off today than it was in 2016. What promises has Donald Trump kept? Where is the infrastructure spending? How high is the trade deficit? How high is the national debt? Where is the “perfect” replacement of Obamacare? Where is the wall? Where are the manufacturing jobs?

Meanwhile, the country burns with video-exposed injustice across the country, while a president fans the flames with overt racism and encouragement of right-wing extremism. Meanwhile, the country convulses from a willfully mismanaged pandemic, with perhaps more than 100,000 Americans dead because of Donald Trump’s depraved indifference and incompetence.

The country is burning, while Trump fiddles on the golf course and pockets profits along the way.

You do not get to disclaim the ugliness of Donald Trump. You cannot claim to hold values diametrically opposed to the man you would choose to run the country.

This is especially true when you have a reasonable choice. Maybe that wasn’t the case in 2016. Maybe then, you could plausibly hope that the carnival barker would grow into the job. But that was then. This is now. Virtually every fear associated with a Trump presidency has come true, and then some. Now, you know. You know.

You know, despite the reassurance you try to take from the entire GOP walking and squawking in lockstep with the president. After all (so you try to think), how bad could the “Ukraine thing” have been if not a single GOP rep would vote to impeach? You know, despite the constellation of “news” sources in the right-wing echo chamber constantly shilling for the president’s corrupt agenda. After all (so you rationalize), there’s always two sides to a story, right? We just have to agree to disagree.

Those supposed reassurances are a cruel mirage. You are capable of seeing that.

I wish you would. I wish you would get indignant about it. I wish you would see how you are being played for a chump by people and institutions you think are your allies. What did you gain from the Trump tax cuts? What will they cost your children? What did you gain from the trade war?

And that Hunter Biden laptop story? The Wall Street Journal wouldn’t touch it. It’s too stupid for even Fox News to carry it, aside from the non-news shills like Tucker Carlson, who now pretend that the absence of any evidence is proof that it has been destroyed. Yet despite the ridiculous nature of the story, the most corrupt man to ever hold the White House wants you to at least pretend that the corruption of Joe Biden is somehow a thing you should worry about.

Donald Trump’s corruption is spreading before our eyes. It took only a year or so to corrupt an entire major political party. And we see daily proof that our whole society is becoming coarser, weaker, and more dangerous—with racism becoming normalized and insurrection against sitting state governments encouraged rather than condemned.

Recently, an armed caravan of Trump supporters threatened a Biden campaign bus in Texas, recklessly harassing it and causing the campaign to call off an event for safety reasons. How did the president respond? By retweeting a video of the event captioned “I LOVE TEXAS!”

Trump has been encouraging this sort of fascist behavior since the beginning of his presidential run. In 2015, two Boston men, self-admittedly inspired by Trump, beat a Latino homeless man nearly to death with a pipe and urinated on him. Asked about the assault, Trump responded, “…I will say that people who are following me are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again.”

What is different today? Only the scope and scale.

You are your vote.

No policy “wins,” even if they existed, are worth what we are losing.

Please think about what it means to support this man after all we have been through. Please think about the nature of the society we will leave to our children if he is given another term. Please think about what we have inherited, and what we are squandering.

We will be that generation that lost the republic.

_priapism

Reply #170 on: November 03, 2020, 03:16:53 AM

It’s all over now, but the waiting...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:32:07 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #171 on: November 03, 2020, 04:16:13 AM

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #172 on: November 03, 2020, 01:16:46 PM
https://www.elephantjournal.com/profile/matt-turner/

Matt Turner is a management consultant in Chicago, IL. He was a lifelong Republican until the results of the Iowa caucus in 2016. Matt will vote straight Democrat in November. 
----------------
He has 9 Followers, elephant journal... daily blog.

Self described 'Lifelong Republican' who loved Hillary, Harris/Biden...
----------------
A RINO, NEVER TRUMPER, wrong since IOWA 2016... so he says.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

_priapism

Reply #173 on: November 03, 2020, 07:54:28 PM
https://www.elephantjournal.com/profile/matt-turner/

Matt Turner is a management consultant in Chicago, IL. He was a lifelong Republican until the results of the Iowa caucus in 2016. Matt will vote straight Democrat in November. 
----------------
He has 9 Followers, elephant journal... daily blog.

Self described 'Lifelong Republican' who loved Hillary, Harris/Biden...
----------------
A RINO, NEVER TRUMPER, wrong since IOWA 2016... so he says.

The story wasn’t about vote counts or prediction of a winner. It was about the moral vacuum that you live in John. I’m sure your soul is darker than Trump’s coal.  But hopefully we won’t have to listen to your parroting of alt-right propaganda much longer.

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #174 on: November 04, 2020, 06:36:24 AM
i just wanted to say, jumping back and forth between cnn and fox ,for some reason cnn is showing a lot of states white (undecided) like fla. mich. wisc. texas...when fox has them red. but all bidens blue states are showing blue on fox, as if cnn is trying to delay saying it or...?

if i was watching cnn alone i would think biden was ahead quite a bit but if i was watching fox solely i would think its a dead heat.
also the bar graph on cnn for electoral votes reads trump at 136 and biden at 205 ,but the blue bar on the graph is way over twice the size of the red bar?  it would appear looking at just the graphics trump was around 100 and biden around 350...i'm no map maker math wiz but i could represent that more accurately freehand with a crayon.

dont have a theory on why this disparity or attribute any motive, just an observation.

i will say if it was me watching cnn alone and trump won i would be shocked and surprised at how he suddenly came from behind so magically fast !

"The era of Gaslighting"

Online Dirtymind

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +129/-1
Reply #175 on: November 04, 2020, 01:38:55 PM
Jesus. The US election is like voting for your favourite STD.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #176 on: November 04, 2020, 01:48:21 PM

Yep.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #177 on: November 04, 2020, 02:27:20 PM

i just wanted to say, jumping back and forth between cnn and fox ,for some reason cnn is showing a lot of states white (undecided) like fla. mich. wisc. texas...when fox has them red. but all bidens blue states are showing blue on fox, as if cnn is trying to delay saying it or...?

if i was watching cnn alone i would think biden was ahead quite a bit but if i was watching fox solely i would think its a dead heat.
also the bar graph on cnn for electoral votes reads trump at 136 and biden at 205 ,but the blue bar on the graph is way over twice the size of the red bar?  it would appear looking at just the graphics trump was around 100 and biden around 350...i'm no map maker math wiz but i could represent that more accurately freehand with a crayon.

dont have a theory on why this disparity or attribute any motive, just an observation.

i will say if it was me watching cnn alone and trump won i would be shocked and surprised at how he suddenly came from behind so magically fast !

I noticed that, too.

I was mainly watching PBS, but I switched over to CNN, FOX, and NBC (for local results) from time to time, and the differences you note between CNN and the others was striking.

There was clearly an air of wishful thinking on CNN that wasn't present on PBS, NBC, or even FOX, and I'll admit that the coverage I saw on FOX seemed even-handed.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2948/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #178 on: November 04, 2020, 03:33:05 PM

More like voting against your least favorite  :facepalm:

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #179 on: November 04, 2020, 04:19:12 PM
The country is split and likely to stay split for years to come. A look at the election map clearly shows its urban vs. rural.  There's no easy answer for bringing the country back together.  The only time that's happened in recent history was 9/11 when the Twin Towers were attacked. We damn well don't need that to happen.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville