News:

Trump v. Biden - quick poll

Lois · 6241

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #140 on: October 29, 2020, 05:09:35 PM
  Lois, I agree with you, those 'hooigan' political sign stealers should be punished, along with all political sign stealers who enter on property not their own, to remove or distress signs posted by the property owner, for any election, ever.

If the Warning was the extent that responding Police could deliver, then so be it, and just wanted to say we agree about "Sign Stealers", regardless of the election, or politicians involved.

Finding a Trump Sign in the District Of Columbia is very rare, not only because DC will faithfully deliver it's total of 3 Electoral Votes, for the DEMOCRAT on the Ballot, dead or alive, lol... as DC has since gaining the vote in National Elections.

Even McGovern got our 3 Electoral votes when he ran.

Still, knowing those passing by my house, if not my neighbors, would find ways to deface, or remove any Trump sign, and perhaps deliver a additional defacing to my home, or car, or windows, there are no Trump Signs outside my home, or even in the windows.

Those days have long passed in my hometown, when one could show her support of any but a Democrat Politician expressed in Yard Signs, without expecting trespassing, violent treatment, by passers by... is it organized... IDK, just seems a pity, that it is "allowed", and "expected" in the Nation's Capital.

Will fly the American Flag above our Front Doorway on Election Day... and take our chances, I suppose.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #141 on: October 29, 2020, 06:01:22 PM
I visited my home town in a rural area last weekend.  Typically these last couple years when I go home I see numerous homes decorated with Trump banners, flags, etc., more decorated than anyone would do for Christmas actually.

I was pleasantly surprised to see about an equal amount of Biden/Harris signs this past weekend.  Of course it’s a simple and usually single sign rather than a grotesque gaudy display, but then we’re not in a cult.

A month ago I drove through rural Virginia and saw the same, nearly equal number of signs on properties Trump vs. Biden.

Trump is barely holding his own in the rural areas around here let alone making any inroads in suburban or urban areas.  That’s even with Trump appealing to suburban women by telling these women (who probably work unless unemployed due his botched pandemic response or are single), that "we're getting your husbands back to work."

That ought to get those women in his corner, patronize them?  What a dope.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #142 on: October 29, 2020, 06:38:15 PM
A month ago I drove through rural Virginia and saw the same, nearly equal number of signs on properties Trump vs. Biden.

I was in the upper portion of the lower peninsula of Michigan in mid September.    The yard signs ranked appx as follows:   Trump 34%, Biden 17%, "Deer Processing here" 49%

There are really only 3 counties that Biden will win in Michigan.  The people up north are not in that group.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #143 on: October 30, 2020, 02:32:47 AM
A Michigan judge struck down a ban on open carry of guns at polling places on Election Day.

"Judge Christopher Murray granted the pro-gun-rights groups who filed the lawsuit a preliminary injunction, effectively reversing Benson's October 16 order and eliminating a universal ban on the open carry of firearms at or within 100 feet of polling locations or absentee counting boards on Election Day."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michigan-judge-strikes-down-ban-on-open-carry-of-guns-at-polling-places-on-election-day/ar-BB1arUd7

I sure hope the folks threatening violence at polling places on election day are all talk, because what could possibly go wrong?

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #144 on: October 30, 2020, 02:55:35 AM

Trump 34%, Biden 17%, "Deer Processing here" 49%

Yep, that’s my home town.

And I process my own deer.  Which is easy if you’re not turning it all into Slim Jims and bologna.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #145 on: October 30, 2020, 04:27:12 PM
I am seeing all these polls showing Biden in the lead, but polls showed the same four years ago.  I cannot wait until this election is over.

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #146 on: October 30, 2020, 04:44:46 PM
I think if they took a pill on it the majority wishes it was all over.

Sadly I fear it will end up in the courts for weeks. At least the horrid attack ads will be done.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1837/-28
Reply #147 on: October 30, 2020, 05:10:20 PM
The ads are terrible. Never knew there were so many evil people. One is a slumlord, another is a crook and another wants to curtail the use of your fridge.

one of the originals

_priapism

Reply #148 on: October 30, 2020, 06:05:30 PM
More people have already voted early in Texas than voted in the entire 2016 election. Texas also leads the nation in the youth vote 18 to 29-year-olds. There’s a massive struggle for the character of our country underway; however, I can’t help but be paranoid. We got burned in 2016. We got burned in 2000.  We’ll know the score by January 20, 2021, I predict.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #149 on: October 30, 2020, 06:18:18 PM
We’ll know the score by January 20, 2021, I predict.

Dan is in a pool with his former co-workers as to the date that one candidate or the other will concede to their opponent.     

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #150 on: October 30, 2020, 06:25:24 PM
We’ll know the score by January 20, 2021, I predict.

Dan is in a pool with his former co-workers as to the date that one candidate or the other will concede to their opponent.     

I don’t think Trump will ever concede.  He will exile to Elba, like Napoleon, still screaming that the election was fraudulent.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #151 on: October 30, 2020, 06:29:47 PM

I don’t think Trump will ever concede.  He will exile to Elba, like Napoleon, still screaming that the election was fraudulent.

I meant to add that one of the options was "Never"

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #152 on: October 30, 2020, 06:41:15 PM

‘People Are Going To Be Shocked’: Return of the ‘Shy’ Trump Voter?

Still worried.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #153 on: October 30, 2020, 07:31:04 PM

I don’t think Trump will ever concede.  He will exile to Elba, like Napoleon, still screaming that the election was fraudulent.

Still worried.

As am I.

Back in 2016, I heard someone refer to these people as "head-downers," but who, for varying reasons, kept their support of, and plan to vote for, Trump to themselves.

sorry, there was no edit, meant to click 'quote', and clicked 'modify' on accident.  Duh
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:02:35 PM by MintJulie »

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #154 on: October 30, 2020, 07:44:09 PM
  Many of us are forever hopeful, and see no alternative than Trump. How can Make America Great Again be controversial to any American?

400 Miles of Southern Border Wall, and construction continues today.
Sanctuary cities are roundly disliked by the people of their States, of all parties, and shall remain near the top of the list to be addressed soon.

Just a few days, now.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

_priapism

Reply #155 on: October 30, 2020, 07:54:05 PM
I’ve done everything I can now.  So we will just wait and see.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #156 on: October 30, 2020, 08:02:59 PM

I don’t think Trump will ever concede.  He will exile to Elba, like Napoleon, still screaming that the election was fraudulent.

Still worried.

As am I.

Back in 2016, I heard someone refer to these people as "head-downers," but who, for varying reasons, kept their support of, and plan to vote for, Trump to themselves.

In Michigan, Dan tells me there are Republican FB discussions that openly admit telling the pollsters they're voting blue.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #157 on: October 30, 2020, 11:23:07 PM

In Michigan, Dan tells me there are Republican FB discussions that openly admit telling the pollsters they're voting blue.

I think it would be the height or arrogance and naïveté to presume anything about how this is all going to end.  I have Dem friends who are absolutely giddy.  I predict we won’t know, until we know.  And that could take days, weeks, or even months.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #158 on: October 31, 2020, 12:25:23 AM

400 Miles of Southern Border Wall, and construction continues today.

Before Trump took office, there were 650 miles of border protection.

Most of Trump's 400 miles of "construction" is fencing, not wall, and most of it replaced already existing fencing.

Oh, and the U.S.-Mexican border is 1,954 miles long.

But you're right: For 230 years, racist xenophobia has proven an effective way of winning votes...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #159 on: November 02, 2020, 04:31:26 PM
Tomorrow I vote. Yes, I'm old and stick with tradition...voting on election day.

I've voted for so many candidates of my choice over the years. This year, I find myself voting against candidates. I will be voting against Trump. Given any other choice I can not see myself voting for Biden. So sad out of the numerous Democrats running, he ended up the winner.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville