News:

Trump v. Biden - quick poll

Lois · 6211

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #180 on: November 04, 2020, 07:24:40 PM
Lots of "counting" yet to be completed, and each various media site has its own design, its own method, for reporting what that site believes is the 'eventual' Winner, for President at least.

At the moment, more Votes have been made, counted even, than their are Registered Voters in the State of Wisconsin, so lots yet to be sorted and resolved, in many places.

This is not the "landslide" election we were told to expect, and legal representatives abound on ALL sides, as local and State ballots found to be "legitimate" are tallied, inspected, and perhaps more... pending the final count of all legally cast Ballots in each State, and in DC.

No real surprises so far, where clear WIN numbers are seen, with only a few twists and turns along the way, all yet to be confirmed, of course.

Overnight the "Black Lives Matter Plaza, Northwest" demonstrators in DC have been reported as "largely peaceful", with some arrests...

Dancing, 'GoGo' Music, illegal fireworks, crowds watching two Jumbo-Trons until the 'wee' hours this Morning, and their permits are for the entire week, for those who have such permits to demonstrate, so time will tell.

(BLM Plaza, NW) is a two block long section of 16th Street NW which ends at Laffayette Square, a Federal Park across from the White House, in Washington, DC.

Your White House is protected by non-scalable fencing, installed Sunday and Monday in anticipation of any unwarranted activity following the Election, and the DC National Guard has NOT been activated, no Curfew has been declared for Washington, DC, all hopeful here at the moment.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

_priapism

Reply #181 on: November 04, 2020, 08:05:18 PM

At the moment, more Votes have been made, counted even, than their are Registered Voters in the State of Wisconsin, so lots yet to be sorted and resolved, in many places.

Politifact rates the claim that Wisconsin had more votes than registered voters Pants on Fire!

Facebook has banned this tweet for spreading misinformation John, why do you think you should post it here?  Are we stupid in your opinion?

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #182 on: November 04, 2020, 09:47:04 PM

Yes, that assertion is currently flying all over the Interweb, and there's one tiny problem with it: The 3,129,000 figure is from November 2016, and not November 2020.

It reminds me of an article I read several years ago. A Holocaust denier had taken a copy of "The World Almanac" for 1940, and noted the total number of Jews living in Europe. He then compared it with "The World Almanac" for 1945, noted the number was the same as in 1940, and used that as "proof" that the Holocaust never happened. The author of the article pointed out that the 1945 World Almanac was printed in the fall of 1944, and if you check the 1947 World Almanac, printed in the fall of 1946, the number of Jews living in Europe had dropped by about 5 million.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1308/-3
Reply #183 on: November 04, 2020, 10:11:06 PM

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

_priapism

Reply #184 on: November 04, 2020, 10:46:30 PM
Trump’s tweet that he would have the SCOTUS order a stop to “the voting,” seems to indicate a disconnect between voting, and COUNTING votes.  No one is voting today.  We are counting votes.

He also misspelt polls as “Poles.”  Apparently Polish people are not reliable.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #185 on: November 05, 2020, 01:35:59 PM

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +429/-10
Reply #186 on: November 05, 2020, 01:45:46 PM

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #187 on: November 05, 2020, 01:56:56 PM
Depending upon which media site you may believe, seems our KB Poll was just about correct, close until the lawsuits are resolved, and expect more lawsuits are likely...

States have until November 30, 2020, most if not all, to Certify results, and some could take at least that long.

Here's a question to chew on, for whoever may Win, or whoever may Lose the 2020 Contest... Who will Democrats, and/or Republicans, look to for the 2024 Election?

Names, please, if you have your favorites already...

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #188 on: November 05, 2020, 03:30:55 PM

Here's a question to chew on, for whoever may Win, or whoever may Lose the 2020 Contest... Who will Democrats, and/or Republicans, look to for the 2024 Election?

Names, please, if you have your favorites already...

President Harris, running for re-election.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #189 on: November 05, 2020, 03:55:37 PM
Why don't you like Biden?

I honestly don't know how you can tolerate the two party system. A tiny minority of Americans are adequately represented by either candidate in this election and yet one of them will be your president, by an incredibly slim margin.
Thanks for your opinion from across the pond GB. You're right, our system has flaws. We've had less than 250 years to refine it.
 What are your thoughts. Do we need a Monarchy? Or, two houses, one for commoners and one for Lord's of the land? Oh wait...we don't have nobility over here, where you're born to position, not elected.

Someone (Mark Twain?) once said that we had the worse form of government... except for all the others.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #190 on: November 05, 2020, 04:20:11 PM

I was going to comment my thoughts when this was posted but decided against replying until the polls had been closed. To me, Biden clearly demonstrates a clear lack of ambition in the Democratic party. He was chosen because his name is recognisable, he knows how to smile for the cameras and the Democratic party were terrified of so much as gently rocking the boat. He was a good choice for VP in 2008 as a way of calming the fears of old white guys at the prospect of a younger, black president, but an embarrassing choice for president in 2020, for appealing primarily to the same demographic. The objective was a myopic attempt to just win this election with no thought given to the long term prospects of the party or the country.

The Trump administration and the Republican party in general are obviously an even bigger embarrassment at the moment. They rely on the stupidity of their supporter base to be fooled by their lies and impressed by their childish bravado and they rely on the polarisation of the two party system to get them over the line. They have no respect for the American public, much less people outside America and I dislike the choice of Biden as presidential candidate because it reveals that the Democratic party don't have much more respect for the American public either. They believe you are too stupid and afraid to choose a candidate with ideas that challenge the status quo, despite the fact that that's exactly what you did twelve years ago. Worse, they plan to rely on that stupidity just as much as their rivals.

I honestly don't know how you can tolerate the two party system. A tiny minority of Americans are adequately represented by either candidate in this election and yet one of them will be your president, by an incredibly slim margin.

I generally agree, but only up to a point.

On the American political spectrum, there's not a whole lot of difference between Trump and Biden. They're each only an inch or two to the right and left of center, and if you take away push-button social issues -- which the president, as president, doesn't really affect either way -- there's a long list of basic agreement between the two.

Both candidates are old white guys (they have a combined age of 151!), and Biden was chosen because he's safe. All of the edges have been sanded away, and even the "controversies" surrounding him -- Tara Reade! Hunter's laptop! Neil Kinnock! He once said one positive thing about Robert Byrd! -- had zero traction. Even with Harris as his VP candidate, there's nothing to get excited about, and nothing that resonates strongly enough to provoke a significant uptick in voter turnout. His safeness, deemed by the party as an asset, is, in fact, a liability. I watched both presidential debates in their entirety, and I'd describe Biden's performance in the first debate as slightly better than pathetic, and in the second debate as only slightly better than slightly better than pathetic.

However, you -- like many other observers -- continue to mischaracterize Trump voters, to his and his party's benefit. I know at least 20 people who voted for Trump, and none of them are stupid, hoodwinked lemmings, none are right-wing Evangelical Christians, and none are racist, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-Semitic, evolution-denying, Neo-Nazi white supremacists. The steady drumbeat of name-calling from the left only served to push people into Trump's corner in 2016, and potentially again in 2020.

You're right that the initial Democratic candidates represented a wide range of demographics and political positions (at least relatively), and yet, when the dust settled, we were left with boring old white guy. And it's hard for a boring old white guy to generate excitement among a mass of potential voters most of whom are not boring, old, or white. The makeup of the Democratic voter base has been steadily changing, yet the makeup of the Democratic candidates have not.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #191 on: November 05, 2020, 06:33:37 PM
 Wow, Wisconsin has lots of Election Spirit, eh?

89% Voter Turnout? What?

Am certain the lawyers will sort it all out, so every legal vote gets counted in the RECOUNT process... We shall see the final numbers sometime this Month, seems...

AlGore stretched the "Count" all the way to December 13th, taking the case to the U.S. Supreme Court, with the MEDIA Cheering his Party ON!

It will all work out.  Trump's Transition does not require a large team...

No need for unnecessary hurry up decision making... It't all good...

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2946/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #192 on: November 05, 2020, 06:58:21 PM
Wisconsin election officials say "bring on the recount"  confident in our process and results will be the same.

On the CBS "Late Show," host Stephen Colbert pointed out that the state is now full of "Blue Cheeseheads."

"So they smell weird, but they taste great..."

I'll stop it there because it is funnier and more KBish.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #193 on: November 05, 2020, 07:08:21 PM
I don't even care who the President is anymore, just quit fucking around, dragging their fucking feet and get it over with.  :roll:

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #194 on: November 05, 2020, 08:05:44 PM

Wow, Wisconsin has lots of Election Spirit, eh?

89% Voter Turnout? What?

As above, I'd like to see your math.

As of this morning, there were 3,240,329 ballots cast in the election. According to the Wisconsin state electoral commission, there were 3,684,726 active registered voters in its lists.

You're right: That means that 89% of active registered voters cast votes in the election. And that defies belief.

Except -- again, as above -- you forgot one tiny detail. That figure of 3,684,726 registered voters was as of 11/1/20, and Wisconsin is one of 18 states that allows voters to register on Election Day at their polling place, and the total does not include any of those people.

More to the point, the phrase "voter turnout" is almost exclusively used in reference to the number of eligible voters who voted, and not the number of registered voters who voted. That's true in the analysis of every election. According to state estimates, Wisconsin currently has 4,536,293 eligible voters. While the total number of votes cast is still fluid at this moment, that means that the voter turnout will end up around 68%.

Keep trying...

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1586/-3
Reply #195 on: November 06, 2020, 12:46:47 PM
Why don't you like Biden?

Thanks for your opinion from across the pond GB. You're right, our system has flaws. We've had less than 250 years to refine it.
 What are your thoughts. Do we need a Monarchy? Or, two houses, one for commoners and one for Lord's of the land? Oh wait...we don't have nobility over here, where you're born to position, not elected.

Someone (Mark Twain?) once said that we had the worse form of government... except for all the others.

Happy to send you a monarch if you need one.  How do you feel about Queen Meghan; or even King Andrew  ;D

I had always thought it was Churchill that said "democracy is the least worst form of government", but stand to be corrected.

MissB, I would be delighted to know what the Biden-Kinnock (aka the Welsh Windbag) controversy was?

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1586/-3
Reply #196 on: November 06, 2020, 02:52:57 PM

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #197 on: November 06, 2020, 03:23:40 PM

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #198 on: November 06, 2020, 05:04:46 PM
And the count goes on. It's good to see Biden already acting Presidential and urging patience. Trump continues to be Trump.

Georgia has already announced they will be doing a recount. No doubt several other states also will be recounting.

Be nice to have an answer by Thanksgiving. That would be just one more thing to be thankful for.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #199 on: November 07, 2020, 01:11:41 AM
Really realizing at this point what a good thing it is that voting is handled at the state level with highly varying and sometimes complex rules, yet all of it is done with such harmonized transparency; poll watchers from each side and such.  It prevents any despot from having a unified strategy to subvert it all.

The orange clown and his clown car of lawyers are out matched.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 12:49:37 AM by Jed_ »