Cunt vs Twat

bob r · 2908

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #40 on: May 09, 2020, 08:51:47 PM

And here I've been referring to guy's testicles as his "coin purse"  makes more sense to me.

coin purse?  :o

Punching bag?

Noooooooo. My boys are sensitive and non-violent.   ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #41 on: May 09, 2020, 09:03:57 PM

46. Pink taco

That one made me laugh out loud.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +429/-10
Reply #42 on: May 10, 2020, 01:59:06 PM
Pink Panther? Don't think I'd want any of my body parts going into a panther, pink or otherwise.

Don't forget cunny, love glove, penis pocket and female garden (which needs to be plowed, of course  :facepalm:).

I've never used any of those, but one other term I have used in fiction is sexual core (or core of femininity).

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #43 on: May 10, 2020, 02:02:34 PM

Then there are other terms used in erotic stories which I'm not sure about where they fall on the scale of being offensive, coarse or vulgar, such as 'quim' and 'muff' and 'snatch'.

I thought 'quim' was the excretion from a woman's vagina.   

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline bob r

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +6/-0
Reply #44 on: May 10, 2020, 02:57:00 PM
Off that list forgot one of my favorites “hair pie”

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1585/-3
Reply #45 on: May 10, 2020, 04:08:35 PM
Never heard of the term “quim” for vagina.  Learn something new everyday lol

Used quite wideley in the UK when I was a lad.  Probably been replaced by twat in commonality of use.  A friend of mine, about the age of 12, called his father a twat when thinking it meant something more inocuous. 

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1585/-3
Reply #46 on: May 10, 2020, 04:21:21 PM

The word "twat" was used, especially in the U.K. centuries before it became a slang term for a woman's genitals. The OED cites the early 1650s as the date of first use, and the word was a derogatory expression used to describe someone who is dumb, stupid, or careless. It wasn't until the early 1900s that the first began to used with it's second meaning, and it wasn't until the 1950s that its use became widespread. The British still use the word "twat" in derogatorily labeling someone an idiot.

Meanwhile, the word "cunt" has been used since the early 14th century, and it's been around, in its present meaning, for close to 700 years. In fact, Shakespeare sneaked the word into "Hamlet," albeit in a somewhat disguised fashion. Ironically, while "twat devolved" from a general to a specific term, "cunt" followed the opposite course, moving from the specific to the general, e.g., "She's such a cunt."

Which word is worse? In general discourse, I think "cunt" is worse. Despite it's etymology, "twat" is a relatively common slang/vulgar term. It's a course word for vagina. "Cunt," on the other hand, holds deeper meaning, referring both to the body part and the person with that body part.

So, where does "pussy" fit into all of this? While it's a word I do not use myself (except in a very strict context), I think that "pussy," while still vulgar, is the least offensive of the three words. Perhaps akin to the difference between "penis" and "cock" or "dick."

Okay, I understand you didn't want an etymology lesson. But MissBarbara is gonna MissBarbara...

It had also been my understanding that Chaucer used it as well but this article disputes that.

https://skepticalhumanities.com/2011/01/18/chaucers-cunt/

This female journalist seems to enjoy the use of "cunt"

https://www.theguardian.com/media/mind-your-language/2016/jul/11/in-praise-of-the-c-word

And don't even mention the widespread use of the address Gropecunt Lane in the Midddle Ages

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #47 on: May 10, 2020, 05:59:10 PM

This female journalist seems to enjoy the use of "cunt"

https://www.theguardian.com/media/mind-your-language/2016/jul/11/in-praise-of-the-c-word

Perhaps she does, and yet she deems the word "the last word in offensiveness," and in the course of her article, she never actually uses the word.

Offline ladylibido

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-0
    • Erotica by Libitina Lucus
Reply #48 on: August 01, 2020, 09:06:19 AM
Cunt all the way, 100%

I will defend the normalization of cunt till my dying breath. It's a wonderfully aggressive word and is the effective equivalent to dick. Pussy? It means weakness. Twat? It means annoyance. Cunt is powerful and I'm endlessly baffled as to why we'd avoid a word that is powerful, but we keep words that mean weak and annoying. Also what's up with us being allowed to use Dick in a derogatory manner but we can't use Cunt? I have never liked the precedent that sets, the vulva is no more special or sacred than a penis, they're just genitals. There's being mindful of a gender's unique struggles and then there's just plain infantilization and hiding the word Cunt and making it offensive feels like the later, and that is something I personally find insulting.

Plus, Cunt and Cunnilingus share the same root word, Cunnus. This seems like a good thing, to me.

Pussy I find is so much more vulgar, also as I stated, people use it to mean weak and scared. I'm sorry but my vulva is not weak and scared, it's a cunt, it's powerful and aggressive, like me. And if you want a cute name you call it a cunny u_u

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1308/-3
Reply #49 on: August 01, 2020, 05:34:37 PM
Some powerful arguments L.L. I have a feeling you're going to be a fun member here.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #50 on: August 01, 2020, 06:34:17 PM

Plus, Cunt and Cunnilingus share the same root word, Cunnus. This seems like a good thing, to me.

Not really.

"Cunnilingus" comes from the Latin words "cunnus" (vulva) and "lingere" (to lick).

"Cunt" comes from an Proto-Germanic (or Old Norse) word "genta," which means becoming or creating, from which we derive other English words like genitals and genetics.

Now, you know.

P.S. Having someone lingere my cunnus is an activity that I wholeheartedly endorse.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #51 on: August 01, 2020, 06:38:59 PM

P.S. Having someone lingere my cunnus is an activity that I wholeheartedly endorse.

Where does the line form, MissB, to lingere your cunnus?  8) 8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline ladylibido

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-0
    • Erotica by Libitina Lucus
Reply #52 on: August 01, 2020, 06:48:00 PM
"Cunt" comes from an Proto-Germanic (or Old Norse) word "genta," which means becoming or creating, from which we derive other English words like genitals and genetics.
[/b]
Ah yep. kunta/kunte lol serves me right for doing research too quickly in the middle of the night lol. I skimmed the second paragraph and totally blitzed past the first.
https://www.etymonline.com/word/cunt

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #53 on: August 02, 2020, 05:20:22 AM

If you can do it and talk at the same time you’re a cunning linguist.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #54 on: August 02, 2020, 04:53:55 PM

Indeed.

Sadly, however, the name of Irish national airline, Aer Lingus, has nothing to do with someone going down on you while in mid-flight.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #55 on: August 03, 2020, 09:06:14 PM

Indeed.

Sadly, however, the name of Irish national airline, Aer Lingus, has nothing to do with someone going down on you while in mid-flight.

How many flights did you take before you realized this?

Good thing I wasn't on the plane.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
Reply #56 on: August 03, 2020, 10:42:15 PM
I now realize that I might be turning off significant numbers of readers through my use of various vagina words, so I need to know, people.

There's the context of real life, where I would never use the word "cunt" unless I was describing with horror somebody using the word "cunt." Then there's smut, where you have to call it something, and calling it a "front hole" every time can get boring quick. So how much is the word (or other similar words like pussy) a turn-off in smut? Should I avoid it? Should I go back and replace every reference to "cunt" in my stories to "panty hamster?"

For example, I've used "cunt" fairly freely in my writings here so far (which are my only erotic writings). I've tried to use it in situations where one character is trying to humiliate another, but also where a female character is feeling negative about themselves or what they're doing. I'm sure, though, that I've used it carelessly and thoughtlessly as well, as a quick fix to get on to the next bit of smut writing, for which I now apologize. I am more inclined to give myself a pass in the former instances because at least I was choosing the word to serve the story in some way, however misguided or heavy-handed that choice was from my readers' standpoints.

In my real life, there hasn't been much occaision to name the vagina. I've been with lots of women, and it hasn't come up much for me. Though I've fantasized about it, I've never encountered a woman who enjoyed conversing about sex either before, during, or after. I guess the most common term I've used is "down there," as in, "are you feeling okay down there?" after a particlarly raucous bout of intercourse.

Outside of websites like this one, American society doesn't converse much about sex, and precious little of that conversation is what I'd call functional: empowering, etc. What's a smut writer to do? I've used terms like "quim," though apparently several readers have never heard the term. I'd like to use terminology that's familiar enough not to be jarring to the reader, appropriate to the era (because some of my literature is set in the 1930's or 1880's) because I want to be as realistic as possible, but also, and I admit I haven't considered this much yet, I don't want to torture my reader with my choice of words to the extent that they are popped out of the story or sickened or whatever. That's the last thing I want.

There are all kinds of cute terms to use, but these could be jarring as well depending on the context.

Help!

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #57 on: August 03, 2020, 11:20:39 PM

Indeed.

Are you sure?  Maybe a cute red headed stewardess with ‘assist’ you in the lavatory?

Now Jed wonders if Jules will go out and buy hair coloring.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #58 on: August 03, 2020, 11:30:13 PM
I now realize that I might be turning off significant numbers of readers through my use of various vagina words, so I need to know, people.

There's the context of real life, where I would never use the word "cunt" unless I was describing with horror somebody using the word "cunt." Then there's smut, where you have to call it something, and calling it a "front hole" every time can get boring quick. So how much is the word (or other similar words like pussy) a turn-off in smut? Should I avoid it? Should I go back and replace every reference to "cunt" in my stories to "panty hamster?"

For example, I've used "cunt" fairly freely in my writings here so far (which are my only erotic writings). I've tried to use it in situations where one character is trying to humiliate another, but also where a female character is feeling negative about themselves or what they're doing. I'm sure, though, that I've used it carelessly and thoughtlessly as well, as a quick fix to get on to the next bit of smut writing, for which I now apologize. I am more inclined to give myself a pass in the former instances because at least I was choosing the word to serve the story in some way, however misguided or heavy-handed that choice was from my readers' standpoints.

In my real life, there hasn't been much occaision to name the vagina. I've been with lots of women, and it hasn't come up much for me. Though I've fantasized about it, I've never encountered a woman who enjoyed conversing about sex either before, during, or after. I guess the most common term I've used is "down there," as in, "are you feeling okay down there?" after a particlarly raucous bout of intercourse.

Outside of websites like this one, American society doesn't converse much about sex, and precious little of that conversation is what I'd call functional: empowering, etc. What's a smut writer to do? I've used terms like "quim," though apparently several readers have never heard the term. I'd like to use terminology that's familiar enough not to be jarring to the reader, appropriate to the era (because some of my literature is set in the 1930's or 1880's) because I want to be as realistic as possible, but also, and I admit I haven't considered this much yet, I don't want to torture my reader with my choice of words to the extent that they are popped out of the story or sickened or whatever. That's the last thing I want.

There are all kinds of cute terms to use, but these could be jarring as well depending on the context.

Help!

Personally, a lot of times when I'm reading somebodies work, I'm usually in the state of mind where "cunt" is exactly what I want to read.  If it fits throw it in.  I have yet to be "put off" by reading a story I'm interested in.  If I'm not reading it, it's usually a subject I'm not into.  "Pussy" can become over used and redundant quite quickly, and to be honest the word twat is kind of comical to me.  Just the sound of it... it comes off as ridiculous so it can throw off a good story.

Of course this is purely my own opinion, and you cant please everybody.  Write the story the way it feels natural to you.  If it gets utterly vulgar that is ok as long as it stat true to the way the story flows.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #59 on: August 04, 2020, 12:34:38 AM

Indeed.

Are you sure?  Maybe a cute red headed stewardess with ‘assist’ you in the lavatory?

Actually, that's even better than my original fantasy. Thanks!