KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your OCD  (Read 219 times)
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 298

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 10:12:01 PM »

I'd be willing to bet some of you would get a brain aneurism if you came into my apartment.  My canned goods are usually still sitting in the bag I brought them home in from the store.  I just place the bag on the floor of my pantry.

Probably wouldn’t bother me, but I’d take them out and arrange them.  Moving them after that would cause the brain aneurism.
Shiela_M
Freakishly Strange

Fame 288

Germans do it better. German Americans do it best

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 11:49:53 PM »

Speaking of ketchup and mayonnaise and such.  I HAVE to wipe down all the threading for the cap and bottle/jar.  Or with squeeze bottles especially ketchup, I have to clean out the opening.  If I grab a bottle and it has that crusty gummy leftover residue on it.  I'll clean the cap and then throw it out.  It is no good no matter how much is left in the bin it goes.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 298

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 12:18:02 AM »

Speaking of ketchup and mayonnaise and such.  I HAVE to wipe down all the threading for the cap and bottle/jar.  Or with squeeze bottles especially ketchup, I have to clean out the opening.  If I grab a bottle and it has that crusty gummy leftover residue on it.  I'll clean the cap and then throw it out.  It is no good no matter how much is left in the bin it goes.

The threat of food poisoning would have to exceed 50% before I’d do anything resembling that.  I create whole meals around using something about to go bad, or possibly already has.  It’s not about the money, I just can’t waste food.
Shiela_M
Freakishly Strange

Fame 288

Germans do it better. German Americans do it best

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 01:13:31 AM »

The threat of food poisoning would have to exceed 50% before I’d do anything resembling that.  I create whole meals around using something about to go bad, or possibly already has.  It’s not about the money, I just can’t waste food.

Its only with condiments and such.  And toothpaste.

Here is another one from me.  Didnt even think about it until I got in my car leaving the store.  Right after I buckle my seat belt, I pull on it.  It has to lock up twice in a row before I actually drive anywhere, otherwise it'll fail when I need it.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 767

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 01:45:33 AM »

My family, who I love, but who drive me crazy, do not shut the freezer door tightly closed. They leave it cracked about half an inch. The ice starts melting and the unit automatically turns off, once the temperature reaches a certain above freezing value.  So, I shut the door rather strongly, then open the fridge to check the settings to make sure the freezer is still running.  Then I push on both doors, to make certain everything is closed.  They did it again last night, and left the milk on the counter, where it got room temperaturish.  I’m ready to install a padlock on the freezer.  Get your ice through the door.  If you need anything else, come see Dad.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 298

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 03:44:55 PM »

My family, who I love, but who drive me crazy, do not shut the freezer door tightly closed. They leave it cracked about half an inch. The ice starts melting and the unit automatically turns off, once the temperature reaches a certain above freezing value.  So, I shut the door rather strongly, then open the fridge to check the settings to make sure the freezer is still running.  Then I push on both doors, to make certain everything is closed.  They did it again last night, and left the milk on the counter, where it got room temperaturish.  I’m ready to install a padlock on the freezer.  Get your ice through the door.  If you need anything else, come see Dad.

I recommend the padlock.  Put one on the thermostat too (I recall earlier family issues with it).
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 298

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »

Its only with condiments and such.  And toothpaste.

Here is another one from me.  Didnt even think about it until I got in my car leaving the store.  Right after I buckle my seat belt, I pull on it.  It has to lock up twice in a row before I actually drive anywhere, otherwise it'll fail when I need it.

It fails?  I’m guessing you mean your head convinces you it will fail.

I think I’m the opposite of OCD with things like that, I forget to lock things all the time.
MintJulie
Global Moderator Version 9.7.1
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 04:25:54 PM »

When I cry, if one tear goes down too far to the side of my cheek, I tilt my head in the opposite direction to feel a tear go down the other cheek in about the same place symmetrically.

I remember doing that as far back as 6 years old and I still do it today.  The nice thing about it is, it takes my mind off what I am crying about.

A true act of goodwill...
always sparks another
ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 416

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 04:38:49 PM »

Putting identical groceries in the pantry larder with the labels all facing the same way.....

.....if you retort "this isn't an uncommon OCD" then all I can say is yes, but do you do it in the fridge and freezer as well!

That's not OCD.  It's supposed to be done that way.  And anybody that puts something back wrong gets in trouble for it. 
Ugh, when Dan and the kids first moved in, that was one of those things that just grated on my nerves.

Grin

Mine get a metaphorical slap for not sealing packets properly when they put them back.

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: