KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - It's Cheaper Than Therapy

News:

• Congratulations to Valley Vixin
    KB's 2020 Erotica Writer of the Year
  • Become a member for access to more areas of our message board, it's free!  Register here.
  • Congratulations to Shiela_M
    KB's 2020 Pervert of the Year

CJ's nostalgia and nonsense topic.

ChirpingGirl · 1287

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #60 on: June 10, 2020, 08:10:08 PM
Oh fuck off! CJ is a perfect driver. It's not my fault everyone else is slower.  :roll:

:D

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +968/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #61 on: June 10, 2020, 08:52:35 PM
Nonsense.

Every time CJ drives anyone, they think I'm going to get us all killed.  :roll: I have a perfect driving record.

That or everyone else driving around you are very good defensive drivers.  ;D ;D

Well if you don't get caught, it wont be in the record either.

True.  8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #62 on: June 11, 2020, 02:10:19 AM
Nostalgic nonsense.

A bunch of internet people remade RoboCop a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKPJbYTxno

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #63 on: June 14, 2020, 12:28:44 AM
Not really nostalgia, technically.

Can you believe they made this just by playing a video game?  :emot_weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhA3mnGA6Ek

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #64 on: June 17, 2020, 06:06:14 AM
Nonsense.

Coming to America, the unsold TV pilot. Yes, another attempt to make a movie into a TV show. 1 episode is all they could accomplish with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTJeF61J8oM

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +968/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #66 on: July 03, 2020, 03:37:54 PM
They're back... ;D

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #67 on: July 03, 2020, 05:54:05 PM
They're back... ;D

Yeah, I don't know about this. There's no such thing as music videos anymore and it'll be watered down to appease an audience that doesn't watch it anyway. CJ's gonna have to give this a... thumbs down pending evidence they won't fuck it up.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +968/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #68 on: July 03, 2020, 05:57:15 PM
I remember when their movie came out, sometime in the 90s. My daughter and her friends wanted to go see it so I took them.  Think I was one of only a handful of adults in the theater and had to sit through an hour plus of that god-awful laugh of theirs. It was a very long hour plus half watching that movie.

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #69 on: July 03, 2020, 06:02:44 PM
I remember when their movie came out, sometime in the 90s. My daughter and her friends wanted to go see it so I took them.  Think I was one of only a handful of adults in the theater and had to sit through an hour plus of that god-awful laugh of theirs. It was a very long hour plus half watching that movie.

I don't think the laugh will be the problem with it this time around.  :facepalm:

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #70 on: July 24, 2020, 06:02:04 AM
Nostalgia.

Bill And Ted 3 is pretty much skipping theaters and hitting VOD in September. While all the other would be Summer blockbusters are being canned for another year or so, Bill And Ted just might prove what the industry refuses to accept: It's over for theaters. In our living room alone we have a fucking gigantic HDTV. In my room we have another one. Every room in this house has an HDTV with streaming capability. Remind me again why we even need movie theaters? The simple answer is we don't.

Theater employees have probably all started to move on and owners are most certainly seeing the writing on the wall if they refused to see it before. Like video stores, it's over. They just refuse to let it go. I hope Bill And Ted makes a fortune on VOD. CJ will be buying it.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gPGeAYo3yU
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 06:05:49 AM by ChirpingGirl »

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2342/-31
Reply #71 on: July 24, 2020, 03:52:44 PM

Remind me again why we even need movie theaters?

I can think of three reasons:

1) Many Americans are not wealthy enough to be able to subscribe to multiple streaming services.

2) Many Americans can't afford to pay for high-speed internet services

3) Many Americans don't have the family income to buy "a fucking gigantic HDTV. In my room we have another one. Every room in this house has an HDTV with streaming capability."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +352/-1
  • As far as I know, I'm freaking delightful
Reply #72 on: July 24, 2020, 04:20:01 PM

1) Many Americans are not wealthy enough to be able to subscribe to multiple streaming services.

3) Many Americans don't have the family income to buy "a fucking gigantic HDTV. In my room we have another one. Every room in this house has an HDTV with streaming capability."

Plus a lot of us who aren't tied down by ankle biters enjoy a night out watching cinematic adventures on the big screen.  And drive-ins are the best.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"

Offline MintJulie

• Global Moderator Version Number 9.7.1 POY 2016
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +812/-4
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #73 on: July 24, 2020, 04:23:39 PM

Plus a lot of us who aren't tied down by ankle biters enjoy a night out watching cinematic adventures on the big screen.  And drive-ins are the best.

Love the theatre experience.
Love the drive-in even more, especially after my first kiss from Dan being at the Ford Drive In.
And Ghostbusters is playing there this weekend with the Karate Kid as a double feature.

“There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is.”

Offline galaxybounce

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +502/-17
  • Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Reply #74 on: July 24, 2020, 04:42:06 PM

I understand where you're coming from but a trip to a cinema is arguably less affordable than streaming. If you can't afford a month's worth of Netflix and access a device to stream it on then a trip to the cinema would be a luxury well outside your limited means. The response of cinemas to dwindling demand has been to hike up prices, which I'm personally fine with since I'm happy to support cinemas for now. It does mean that the cinema experience is now less an accessible means of viewing movies and more a means of viewing movies as their creators intended them to be seen, at a premium.

That is the argument for cinemas now, I think. Regardless of the size of TVs, there is no way to accurately recreate the cinema experience in an ordinary home yet, either in terms of the audiovisual presentation or the communal aspect.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify" - Abraham Lincoln