KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

CJ's nostalgia and nonsense topic.

Guest · 3441

ChirpingGirl

Reply #80 on: September 19, 2020, 03:33:36 PM
CJ wrote a movie. I know, a barely literate retard wrote something. I get it.  :D

It was set on the last day of 1989 and was about love, life changing and the end of an era. I did try to sell it and the response was I love it, but it would cost more to license the 80s music than make the movie.  :emot_laughing:

So I never did sell it, obviously. But I gave it to a friend of mine who may end up doing something with it.

There was a dance scene set to Electric Blue by Icehouse. Which is why I sing along to that song every time I hear it.  ;D

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #81 on: September 19, 2020, 05:05:54 PM
Keep trying. Ot has to be better than the constant remakes.  They've run out of ideas in hollywood so it's just remake after remake after remake.  Just with new twists and better graphics.

_priapism

Reply #82 on: September 19, 2020, 09:37:57 PM
I did try to sell it and the response was I love it, but it would cost more to license the 80s music than make the movie.  :emot_laughing:

I am told the reason my favorite television series, “Ed,” never came out on Netflix or in a box set, is because there is so much music set in the soundtrack, that they have been unable to come up with a financially viable plan. So sad, because it’s a great show about a lawyer who moves back to his hometown and buys the bowling alley, where he now practices law. I loved it.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #83 on: September 19, 2020, 10:19:53 PM
 ;D

The music I wrote in:

Electric Blue - Icehouse

Should've Known Better - Richard Marx

Set the night to music - Starship

Nothing's gonna stop us now - Starship

I honestly don't think it woulda been that expensive. Oh well. Probably for the best anyway.  :D

But the joke "my" characters little sister makes about the never ending story theme song sounding like it was sung by and old black woman would definitely not get left in after it was out of my control.  :roll:

Gonfalon

Reply #84 on: September 20, 2020, 02:00:53 AM

The music I wrote in:

Electric Blue - Icehouse
Should've Known Better - Richard Marx
Set the night to music - Starship
Nothing's gonna stop us now - Starship

That I didn't know — that writers can suggest music for specific scenes in a screenplay.

Being an aged person, I don't recognize most of the tracks included in recent movies or TV episodes, and maybe that lessens the impact. I'm left wondering if the track was chosen for the melody or the lyrics.

_priapism

Reply #85 on: September 20, 2020, 03:00:54 AM
Most movie music is selected by a music director for movies, business management professionals, also called music supervisors. They oversee the composer and other musicians involved in creating music for a movie, and select music to create the atmosphere of a movie through the soundtrack selection.

There is a Grammy for music supervision, and now an Emmy.  No Oscar yet, but the real prize for this industry is the Guild of Music Supervisors Awards.

Whether it was Sia’s “Breathe Me” on Six Feet Under, or “Zou Bisou Bisou” on Mad Men, or that infamous OC scene with Imogen Heap’s “Hide and Seek,” a well-placed song can amplify the emotional intensity and resonance of a moment, elevating it to fame. And while a flawless pairing of scene and soundtrack can feel perfectly serendipitous, these moments are almost always the result of someone poring through thousands of tracks and spending hours working with the show’s creative team to find exactly the right tune, to say nothing of securing permission to use it. That’s the job of the music supervisor, in a nutshell. (What a great career!  Discovering obscure music cuts all day long for a living.)

If you think it isn’t important, ask one hit wonder Smash Mouth.  The music director for Shrek picked up their song “All Star” in 2001, and it has played more or less continuously on the radio, and apps, for 20 years.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 03:04:09 AM by ToeinH2O »

ChirpingGirl

Reply #86 on: September 20, 2020, 04:56:47 AM
If you think it isn’t important, ask one hit wonder Smash Mouth.  The music director for Shrek picked up their song “All Star” in 2001, and it has played more or less continuously on the radio, and apps, for 20 years.

No fuckin' shit! I hear it practically every time I shop at Kroger.  :roll:

The song featured in 1999's Inspector Gadget and Mystery Men, the latter of which was the basis for the song's music video. It features heavily in the 2001 movie Rat Race, in which the band performs it at a live concert, over the closing credits. It regained popularity after being featured in the 2001 DreamWorks animated movie Shrek, where it was played over the opening credits.

The mystery men music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

It's one of the most annoying songs ever.  :roll:

Makes a pretty good commie anthem.  :emot_laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dMIjN18uMI

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #87 on: September 21, 2020, 12:28:50 AM
I actually enjoy the song.  I find it up beat and fun.  No kids so I'm not subjected to it on a regular basis like some would be.  :D

ChirpingGirl

Reply #88 on: September 22, 2020, 02:39:18 AM
Deep faking is getting way better than CGI.  :emot_weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQ0og_x9OI

ChirpingGirl

Reply #89 on: October 08, 2020, 05:25:06 AM
When CJ was little, CJ's mommy took CJ shopping one day. While waiting for mommy to load the car with stuff, CJ was doing what all dumb blondes do... chew gum and play with it. But when CJ's mommy said it was time to go, CJ took the gum out of CJ's mouth and put it on a brick support pillar at the store. Over time, the store was turned into another store. CJ worked there a few months ago during the plandemic so CJ wouldn't ruin CJ's savings account.

That piece of CJ's gum turned to rock over the years and is still there. CJ told CJ's manager/friend about the gum, and now CJ's friend/manager wrote in marker near the gum "Cricket's gum" with an arrow pointing at it.

;D

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #90 on: October 09, 2020, 11:40:39 AM
And now that ink will dry and become permanent, and everyone will wonder in a hundred years who the legendary Cricket was whose gum is immortalised on a pillar.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #91 on: October 09, 2020, 03:48:30 PM
Other than my kids, that piece of gum will be there long after I'm gone.

8)

Offline SmuDoodel

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +10/-1
  • Woof
    • Days and Symes
Reply #92 on: October 09, 2020, 04:35:59 PM
Long ago on the west side of Chicago there was a pizza restaurant named Scosttio's. Open late at night and offering the musical styling of an ancient organ player and lounge singer named Horatio. My friends and I would gather there late for pitchers of beer and industrial grade pizza. Not the best. Not the worst. But hot enough to burn the roof of your mouth every time.

I was not the first to make a remarkable discovery but I can attest to how long this little gem of a , shall we say 1970's version of an Easter Egg, remained ensconced in the "terlet" of Scossttio's. One friend came back laughing uncontrollably and announced to the table that we had to go up to the "terlet" and look under the square piece of plywood that was laying in one corner.

Being young and germ proof we each our turn, went and lifted this plywood square. Each returned cracking up and urged the next to go peek. When I did the deed I found under plywood portal keeper a pair of baby blue boxer shorts. Clean. Not visibly soiled , neatly spread out under the plywood.

A silly mystery at best and enough of an amusement for a group of stoned drinking snickering idiots to keep us coming back. For years. Those baby blue boxer shorts remained there. Never aging. Never being removed by the cleaning staff. Pristine in their repose. A harbinger of mirth with each new friend, date, or acquaintance to whom we revealed this memorial.

It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key.

The names have been changed to protect the malicious

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #93 on: October 09, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
Where on the west side was the pizza place?  Near Harlem Ave?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1835/-28
Reply #94 on: October 09, 2020, 06:52:16 PM
Were they yours Rick? Evidence of your sordid past.

one of the originals

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #95 on: October 09, 2020, 07:56:21 PM
Were they yours Rick? Evidence of your sordid past.

Sordid past? Yes. But being the gentleman I am, those were definitely not mine. Plus, I never heard of the place.  8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline SmuDoodel

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +10/-1
  • Woof
    • Days and Symes
Reply #96 on: October 10, 2020, 12:40:19 PM
Where on the west side was the pizza place?  Near Harlem Ave?
Probably between Narragansett Ave and Austin Ave. Also being a long time ago I can neither confirm nor deny my spelling of the joint's name. But if you were there you would never forget Horatio. As for the boxer shorts, what you do in your own time is your own business.

The names have been changed to protect the malicious

_priapism

Reply #97 on: October 11, 2020, 10:40:11 PM

It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key.

Perhaps they were Stalin’s.   :emot_laughing:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #98 on: October 13, 2020, 04:42:07 AM
Being blonde, CJ is already dumb enough. But I'm just good old fashioned dumb to begin with.

The dumbest thing I recently did was pour a bowl of cereal for one of the girls and poured water on it instead of milk. I'm not saying I was distracted and grabbed the wrong jug, I grabbed it and was so stupid I didn't notice it was water and not milk.  :facepalm:

Being the little sweetheart she is, she ate it anyway and didn't say anything till I noticed. "I don't waste the food you pay for. But it was kinda gross."  :facepalm:

Check before you serve your children cereal. Don't use water.  :roll:

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #99 on: October 14, 2020, 02:02:48 AM
Well, silver lining to this cloud: she now knows what watered-down cereal tastes like.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.