KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FALL TELEVISION 2020-2021 SEASON  (Read 170 times)
GEMINIGUY
"I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
Burnt at the stake

Fame 354

« on: May 20, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »

I should have started this sooner, but I hadn't even been thinking about the upcoming television season, especially with the present one having been affected by COVID-19 as it has. Hopefully I'll start posting full network schedules tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:43:47 AM by GEMINIGUY » Logged

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant
GEMINIGUY
Burnt at the stake

Fame 354

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 10:43:22 AM »

So far what I know I found out by accident, not by actual research.
Both MacGyver and Magnum, P.I. have been renewed. Hawaii Five-0 hasn't, despite CBS saying it still had strong ratings. They just needed a slot for the lame Magnum remake, so Hawaii Five-0 was the show that paid the price.
And over on FOX, both The Resident and Last Man Standing have been renewed. Katlyn Devers will be returning as youngest daughter Eve Baxter for season nine after being missing most of season eight.

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 643

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »

If they haven’t had the ability to record new episodes during the pandemic, will season openers be postponed?  I also haven’t been following anything.
ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 428

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 06:15:57 PM »

Oh no! Will we not get our lame sitcoms and agenda driven junk written by virtue signalling jackasses who don't have the talent to run a hot dog cart?

No new episodes of SeaQuest is what really breaks my heart.  Roll Eyes

Twinkle Nora Rock Me!
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 643

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »

They should bring back...

MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2187

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 09:13:07 PM »

Oh no! Will we not get our lame sitcoms and agenda driven junk written by virtue signalling jackasses who don't have the talent to run a hot dog cart?

Yes, we'll get those.

But we'll also get the far longer list of shows -- on the broadcast networks, basic cable networks, premium cable networks, and via streaming -- that share none of those traits.

And savvy TV viewers have, beginning several years ago, learned how to access all of that amazing content.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 428

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 02:16:20 AM »

Yes, we'll get those.

But we'll also get the far longer list of shows -- on the broadcast networks, basic cable networks, premium cable networks, and via streaming -- that share none of those traits.

And savvy TV viewers have, beginning several years ago, learned how to access all of that amazing content.

There's not a single show on, that I know of, that doesn't have some bullshit identity politics or left wing pushing agenda. There's always that "ah, here we go" moment when they slap you in the face with some agenda driven bullshit.

I think CJ officially checked out of TV shows when those insufferable jackasses in charge of star trek turned seven of nine into a drunken lesbian banging an old black woman with an afro. Seven should be banging CJ.  Roll Eyes

Twinkle Nora Rock Me!
MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2187

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 05:58:26 PM »

Yes, we'll get those.

There's not a single show on, that I know of, that doesn't have some bullshit identity politics or left wing pushing agenda. There's always that "ah, here we go" moment when they slap you in the face with some agenda driven bullshit.

That's akin to the argument that music today sucks. Yes, if you only listen to a Top 40 station, and you don't like modern pop music, all that music does suck.

But that ignores the fact that there's tons of great music, in every conceivable genre, out there waiting for a listen. You simply have to invest a little effort to find it.

And the same applies here. If you only invest a little effort -- and, with all the myriad platforms to consume video content, it only takes a tiny bit of effort -- you'll find hours and hours of content that's to your liking and is not "agenda driven."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

GEMINIGUY
Burnt at the stake

Fame 354

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 06:15:09 PM »

Yes, we'll get those.

That's akin to the argument that music today sucks. Yes, if you only listen to a Top 40 station, and you don't like modern pop music, all that music does suck.

But that ignores the fact that there's tons of great music, in every conceivable genre, out there waiting for a listen. You simply have to invest a little effort to find it.

And the same applies here. If you only invest a little effort -- and, with all the myriad platforms to consume video content, it only takes a tiny bit of effort -- you'll find hours and hours of content that's to your liking and is not "agenda driven."

MissBarbara, ignore Chirp. I do. She gets her kicks complaining there's nothing good on TV every year. lol

ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 428

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »

There IS nothing good.

Twinkle Nora Rock Me!
GEMINIGUY
Burnt at the stake

Fame 354

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »

I should have started this sooner, but I hadn't even been thinking about the upcoming television season, especially with the present one having been affected by COVID-19 as it has. Hopefully I'll start posting full network schedules tomorrow.

It turns out, if I'd hit Google after posting the above Post, I wouldn't have found anything. The networks were late posting their 2020-2021 Fall television schedules.
Some haven't even posted their schedules yet:

May 21, 2020
By Jeannine Poggi

ABC ANNOUNCES 2020-2021 PROGRAMMING, BUT STOPS SHORT OF UNVEILING SCHEDULE

VARIETY
May 21, 2020

ABC Renews Majority Of Its Shows For 2020-2021 Season, Orders David E. Kelley Drama And Kyra Sedgwick Comedy

ABC is reviving Supermarket Sweeps.
Emergence, Schooled, Bless This Mess, Singles Parents and Tiffany Hadish's Kids Say The Darnedest Things have been canceled.
For Life hasn't been decided on yet whether it will be renewed or cancelled.
The new David E. Kelley drama is called Big Sky. Kyra Sedgwick's sitcom is called Call Your Mother.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:11:26 AM by GEMINIGUY » Logged

GEMINIGUY
Burnt at the stake

Fame 354

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 12:10:19 AM »

NBC also hasn't released it's schedule. But they have filled in a good deal of their schedule with advanced renewals.
This Is Us I'd renewed for two more seasons.
New Amsterdam, Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Chicago P.D. and Law & Order: SVU received three year renewals.
The Blacklist and Brooklyn Nine-Nine received early renewals.

New shows:

Christopher Meloni is back as Elliot Stabler [better late than never!!!] in his own Law & Order: SVU spin-off. He's now commander of NYPD's Organized Crime Unit. He's also supposed to be in Law & Order: SVU's 2020-2021 season premiere.

Young Rock stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Based on his childhood, The Rock will appear at the beginning and end of each episode.

Ted Danson has a new sitcom, Mr. Mayor, co-created by the lovely Tina Fey.

The Kenan Show stars Kenan Thompson [co-star of many sitcoms going back to his childhood and the live action Fat Albert movie]. He's playing "a newly divorced dad who is determined to be everything for his kids while begrudgingly letting his persistent father in-law become involved in their lives." Andy Garcia is the father in-law.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:27:45 AM by GEMINIGUY » Logged

GEMINIGUY
Burnt at the stake

Fame 354

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 12:38:10 AM »

FOX Fall Schedule

MONDAY

8pm

L.A.'s Finest [network television debut]