KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for advice about headphones  (Read 32 times)
ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 346

« on: May 22, 2020, 05:55:12 PM »

I have been using the headphones that came with my iPhone for a long time now and have just noticed that if I cover up the tiny slit on the outside of the earpieces with my finger the music is not only louder but sounds much "richer'.

Would a pair of quality earbuds give me that much better a musical experience?  Can anybody recommend any earbuds?

I had thought of going the whole hog and getting over-ear niose cancelling bluetooth headphones but a bit worried about the bulk of them (and, at my age, looking a prat)

A new pair of ears is not an acceptable solution.  Or I could permanently tape over the slits, but I guess they are there for a reason.

All advice gratefully received.

Regards,

ODK

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about
Shiela_M
Total freak

Fame 149

Let's do some "we shouldn't be doing this" things

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:01:47 PM »

I use Bose, both earbuds and noise cancelling headphones.  My earbuds fit nice and are comfy for when I'm out and about, and do a decent job of closing out other noises, but then I get worried about what might be coming up behind me or something.  I only use my noise cancelling when I'm at home and want the world to disappear and it's just me and my music.

As far as brands go Bose is my favorite, little pricier than others, but it's worth it for me.

I'll have sex with you, but I only make love with good music
ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 346

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 06:03:55 PM »

Thanks Sheila.  Have heard good things about Bose and am willing to pay for a quality.

MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2187

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 08:28:55 PM »

I have been using the headphones that came with my iPhone for a long time now and have just noticed that if I cover up the tiny slit on the outside of the earpieces with my finger the music is not only louder but sounds much "richer'.

Would a pair of quality earbuds give me that much better a musical experience?  Can anybody recommend any earbuds?

I had thought of going the whole hog and getting over-ear niose cancelling bluetooth headphones but a bit worried about the bulk of them (and, at my age, looking a prat)

A new pair of ears is not an acceptable solution.  Or I could permanently tape over the slits, but I guess they are there for a reason.

All advice gratefully received.

Regards,

ODK

I know exactly what you're talking about (and, for the record, my ears are several decades younger than yours).

I used to use the earbuds that came with my iPhone, and while I'm definitely not an audiophile, I experienced the same problem as you.

About six months ago, I bought a pair of Bose SoundSport wireless earbuds, and they're great. The music is both louder and at a much higher fidelity, and a charge will last me for a week's worth of runs. I got them on sale at Best Buy for around $90 with shipping.

I highly recommend them!

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 346

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 06:35:28 PM »

Thanks MissB.

From other research I have done the score so far is....... Bose 2 - 1 Sony

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: