KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice to my boys...  (Read 9012 times)
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 881

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2018, 08:15:00 PM »

No matter your age, remember to tell your mom and dad that you love them.

And it is just as important to let your sons (and daughters) know that they are loved. So important to keep a two way communications between children and parents.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
MintJulie
Global Moderator Version 9.7.1
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 767

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2018, 03:51:27 PM »

Be on time when meeting your girl.  She'll probably always be late, or not ready.  We're not ready because we want to look special for you.  We've probably tried on 15 different outfits in the last 40 minutes.   Also, don't think we didn't give ourselves enough time to prepare, because we have been preparing for hours.

Always tell her she looks nice.  Point out something specific like her hair, her nails, new shoes, a shade of lip stick, a piece of jewelry.  Let her know you notice the little things.  You can prepare for this by.....noticing the little things.

If she lives with her parents, expect to wait around for her to get ready.  So be prepared to talk with dad about sports or his car.  Tell him the lawn looks great.  Again, notice things.

Never cancel with her the day of.  She will be disappointed and bummed.  She'll think she's not important to you.  She likely has been looking forward to being with you.  If you do ever cancel a date, you better have a small "I'm sorry" gift for her next time you see her.  Her favorite chocolate, a box of cracker jacks, know what her favorite candy bar is, something, anything.

I once had a boy show up for a date to my house with a chilli dog.  Before we were dating, we had a lot of common friends and would be around each other a bit.  While hanging out at a friends pool one day, he had overheard me say I was craving a chilli dog but I had a date later that night and wouldn't dare eat one because of the onions.  A few months later he and I had gone on a couple of dates.  Third date he cancelled because of a softball makeup game or something.  I was a little upset because I was looking forward to it.  The next night he shows up at my front door with a chilli dog.  I asked what that was for.  He said he was sorry for cancelling and  "....well, I know you like them."  I'm thinking, well I kind of like them, but how does he know that.     And then he pulled a plastic knife out of his back pocket, opened it and cut it in half as we sat down on the step of our porch to share it and he said, "We can both have stinky breath the rest of the evening."  Then he explained how he knew I liked chilli dogs.  It was one of the best starts to a date I ever had, not because of the chilli dog, but because he noticed something about me months before, and remembered it.

A true act of goodwill...
always sparks another
psiberzerker
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »

Be on time when meeting your girl.  She'll probably always be late, or not ready.  We're not ready because we want to look special for you.  We've probably tried on 15 different outfits in the last 40 minutes.   Also, don't think we didn't give ourselves enough time to prepare, because we have been preparing for hours.

It's a lot more work, too.  More underwear, hair, makeup, shoes...  Tell her she looks nice, tell her she's worth waiting for. 
Remington555
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2018, 10:06:31 AM »

Always tell her she looks nice.  Point out something specific like her hair, her nails, new shoes, a shade of lip stick, a piece of jewelry.  Let her know you notice the little things.  You can prepare for this by.....noticing the little things.

If she lives with her parents, expect to wait around for her to get ready.  So be prepared to talk with dad about sports or his car.  Tell him the lawn looks great.  Again, notice things.

Never cancel with her the day of.  She will be disappointed and bummed.  She'll think she's not important to you.  She likely has been looking forward to being with you.  If you do ever cancel a date, you better have a small "I'm sorry" gift for her next time you see her.  Her favorite chocolate, a box of cracker jacks, know what her favorite candy bar is, something, anything.

I once had a boy show up for a date to my house with a chilli dog.  Before we were dating, we had a lot of common friends and would be around each other a bit.  While hanging out at a friends pool one day, he had overheard me say I was craving a chilli dog but I had a date later that night and wouldn't dare eat one because of the onions.  A few months later he and I had gone on a couple of dates.  Third date he cancelled because of a softball makeup game or something.  I was a little upset because I was looking forward to it.  The next night he shows up at my front door with a chilli dog.  I asked what that was for.  He said he was sorry for cancelling and  "....well, I know you like them."  I'm thinking, well I kind of like them, but how does he know that.     And then he pulled a plastic knife out of his back pocket, opened it and cut it in half as we sat down on the step of our porch to share it and he said, "We can both have stinky breath the rest of the evening."  Then he explained how he knew I liked chilli dogs.  It was one of the best starts to a date I ever had, not because of the chilli dog, but because he noticed something about me months before, and remembered it.

Wow. Wish I'd known all this 40 years ago. Well, 50 years then.

You younger guys... 4 words that are the key to the kingdom:

"I like your shoes." I've seen girls visibly shiver with excitement when I casually said those words -- without any ulterior motive (way too old for that).

Would have been nice to know 40 years ago. Okay dammit, 50 years ago!

Remmy

MintJulie
Global Moderator Version 9.7.1
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 767

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2020, 04:23:43 AM »

If the world experiences a pandemic and you can't see your girlfriend because her parents are following the advice of authorities and staying safe at home, give her a call every couple days. Or hey, maybe even answer her calls.  And when you do finally talk to her, don't break up with her because you think her parents are too strict being worried about her health and safety, you little sh*t.

A true act of goodwill...
always sparks another
ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 416

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2020, 04:14:59 PM »

When you visit a live sex show in Amsterdam while there on company business the doorman will tell you that the entry charge will be disguised on your company credit card bill.  Do not believe him!

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 759

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2020, 09:09:02 PM »

There was a thread on Reddit this week, about a man who lived with his fianceé for eight years. One day she started talking about an old flame of hers. And that he had been sending her “secret messages” and talking to her in her sleep. He was waiting for her in Europe, and she was leaving the man in her life to be reunited with her “true love.”

The man investigated the story, and determined that the other man was married to someone else, had not even thought about his fianceé for years, and was *not* communicating with her in any shape form or fashion. He decided that she suffers from bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, because she was “hearing voices.“

Everyone on the board was applauding his levelheadedness, and dedication to seeing his fianceé through the crisis. All I could think is, “what the fuck?“ Let’s face it, even if the woman gets on medication, she’s going to have this disability for the rest of her life, and if it is causing him this much agony during the engagement, I can only imagine what he’s going to go through while he’s married.

I only comment on this, because my son is rather attached a young woman who suffers from chronic depression and mood swings. He states that all of this is making him quite miserable, as she is a box of chocolates. He never knows what he’s going to get. I told him frankly, “run for the exits now, while you can, because if you think this is making you miserable now, wait until you’ve been married to her for 10 or 15 years.”

The bottom line is advice for my sons: don’t ever get involved in a relationship thinking you can change the other person. They are what they are. And if anything, it will only become more aggravated over time. You’ll want to save yourself for marriage to a partner that is exactly what you want and deserve. Not a project.
Army of One
Total freak

Fame 95

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2020, 03:10:41 PM »

I'm going to extend on that piece of advice, Toe, and direct this to sons and daughters alike, as I have no doubt I'm going to have to give my kid this advice one day: Your partner is not a project, you are not there to change them. And everyone has baggage of some kind, be it a coin purse (so to speak) or a whomping great, heavy chest. If you aren't able to handle the person you're with, and what they bring with them, the exit is on your left and always open. But be respectable about it, or at least as respectable as the situation allows. (Obviously abusive relationships deserve what little respect is being given to them upon exit, but that's advice for another time.)

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: