KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Continuing another author's story  (Read 34 times)
SirLancelot
New Pervert

Fame 1

« on: July 20, 2020, 09:20:55 PM »

I read a story on KA that I felt needed finishing, basically, I expanded on what the author alluded to in conclusion of the original story.

I would like to post the story here, however, only publishing my part of the story, would, well, only be part of the story.  Should I publish the original story as 'Part 1', and mine as 'Part 2', crediting the original author for 'Part 1'?

Advice appreciated and TIA.

EDIT:  Apologies for the double-post, my connection lagged and I didn't see that this topic had already posted.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:23:42 PM by SirLancelot » Logged
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 687

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:55:49 AM »

We had another member write a story here recently that was “inspired” by another author’s work.  Here is how he handled things:

http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=70949.0

We don’t allow reposting of potentially copyrighted work by third parties, or plagiarism.   You said KA, so I assume you meant the Kristen’s Archives on asstr.org.  We do not own or maintain that site.

I’d suggest a prologue explaining that your work was inspired by someone else’s work, and provide a link to the other story or stories.  Then give your story a name that is relevant, but not the same as the other author’s story.  I’m sure you would not want someone taking your work product and pirating it such a manner.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:15:13 AM by ToeinH2O » Logged
SirLancelot
New Pervert

Fame 1

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 08:57:04 PM »

Thanks, that sounds like a good plan to follow.

I don't want to plagiarise, pirate or otherwise steal someone else's story, I merely want to take the story further than the original author did, continuing the story and giving it a more fitting ending, imho.

I took at the link, that seems like a great way to do it, without breaking the copyright of the existing story, or the rules of this site.  Will put something together using that as a reference, before posting here.

Thanks again for the advice/assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: