KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, dead at 87

Sweetums · 1289

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
on: September 19, 2020, 02:04:23 AM

Title says it all. We are so fucked.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 02:09:01 AM
May the Notorious RBG Rest In Peace...

Next Justice Up...

Who will President Trump choose?

Senator Lee?

Senator Cruz?

Other... Fill in your favorite from his List: ______________

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1302/-3
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 02:11:57 AM
One of the strongest voices for women's rights and a powerhouse in a small package, on the Supreme Court has scumbed to cancer.  She died Friday at her home in Washington.

https://www.startribune.com/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-dies-at-87/572457952/

Her death and the vacancy it leaves on the Supreme Court will now add more fire to an already hot presidential campaign. Will Trump try to make an appointment and have it ratified by the Republicans in the Senate. Or, will he take the high road and leave the seat open until after the election, only six weeks away.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline SmuDoodel

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +10/-1
  • Woof
    • Days and Symes
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 03:35:59 AM
May this great woman rest in peace. This mess is no longer her problem. Judges are a special breed and Ms.Ginsburg was best in showing up and doing the job as it should be done.

The names have been changed to protect the malicious

_priapism

Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 03:56:46 AM
Omfg.  Memory eternal.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 09:30:34 AM
I’m a bit embarrassed my first thoughts were selfishly based on my political beliefs and not for her family.

I saw this just before bed, but it was bothering me enough I woke in the night and read on my iPad.  I don’t know why I was surprised at how gleeful Bitch McConnell and crowd were at this sad news.  I’m sure they are not bothered by their hypocrisy at already planning to ram through a nominee.

Here’s my suggestion:

Merrick Garland or whoever President Joe Biden picks.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 09:46:17 AM

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 09:48:42 AM

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 09:51:53 AM

The best Supreme Court Justice in American history will not be replaced by the worst president in American history.

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +429/-10
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 01:06:55 PM
Will Trump try to make an appointment and have it ratified by the Republicans in the Senate. Or, will he take the high road and leave the seat open until after the election, only six weeks away.

You meant for this part to be in Joke of the Day, right?  :emot_laughing:

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1302/-3
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 02:35:56 PM
The stories of RGB's death this morning make me even sadder. There's so much talk about Trump making an appointment and ramrodding it through the Senate before the election.

What's missing is the story of this remarkable woman's life and her service to this country from her seat on the bench of the countries highest court.  Not to mention her career prior to her appointment to the Supreme Court.

The movie "On The Basis of Sex" documents her early fights for women's rights. A fight she continued on with, including her time as a justice on the Supreme Court.

Let us give thanks to this wonderful woman for her service to our country.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 09:07:17 PM

Her death and the vacancy it leaves on the Supreme Court will now add more fire to an already hot presidential campaign. Will Trump try to make an appointment and have it ratified by the Republicans in the Senate. Or, will he take the high road and leave the seat open until after the election, only six weeks away.

That shipped has already sailed. Trump had already prepared two lists of potential nominees, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced, before Justice Ginsberg's body was even cold, that the Senate will vote on Trump's nomination.

The irony, of course, is that when President Obama nominated Merrick Garland to replace the recently deceased Antonin Scalia on March 16, 2016, McConnell proclaimed that it was too close to the upcoming election. As McConnell put it at the time:

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

That was almost none months before the 2016 presidential election. Yesterday, barely six weeks before the 2020 presidential election, McConnell seems to have forgotten what he said four years ago, believing that "the American people" should not "have a choice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice."

The challenge is simply this: McConnell's gross hypocrisy, and his blatantly politicizing the Supreme Court nomination and approval process, are irrelevant. Trump has a list of vetted nominees, he will very likely announce one shortly, and the GOP holds the majority in both the Senate Judiciary Committee and the full Senate. On top of that, he has more than three months to fulfill this Constitutional process, since the new Senate doesn't sit until January 3, 2021, and the GOP will retain its majorities until that time.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline watasch

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +46/-4
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 11:55:10 PM
Welcome to politics.  No one should be shocked at the games they (our duly elected officials) play.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 11:58:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=170&v=RVL-9ACT7yQ&feature=emb_logo

We all agree with JoE Biden, and his statement that the Voter should choose the President, then the President should choose the nominee, and the Senate should decide, if the nominee becomes the Justice.

The Voters chose President Trump to be our President. President Trump will be in office until at least January 20, 2021, and there is plenty of time for his Nominee to be vetted in the Senate.

Tomorow will be September 20, 2020, with a minimum of 4 months remaining in the current Presidential term. I believe JoE Biden noted it can take from 59 days to 79 days for the Senate to decide on a nominee, well within the 4 remaining months, in this term.

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 05:51:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=170&v=RVL-9ACT7yQ&feature=emb_logo

We all agree with JoE Biden, and his statement that the Voter should choose the President, then the President should choose the nominee, and the Senate should decide, if the nominee becomes the Justice.

The Voters chose President Trump to be our President. President Trump will be in office until at least January 20, 2021, and there is plenty of time for his Nominee to be vetted in the Senate.

Tomorow will be September 20, 2020, with a minimum of 4 months remaining in the current Presidential term. I believe JoE Biden noted it can take from 59 days to 79 days for the Senate to decide on a nominee, well within the 4 remaining months, in this term.

This all true, but what of fairness? Obama had eight months left in his term when he nominated Merrick Garland, only to have his nomination blocked by the Republican senate. Are we looking forward to a future where we just don’t replace Supreme Court justices if the president and the senate are opposite parties?

Offline watasch

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +46/-4
Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 03:54:28 PM
"This all true, but what of fairness? Obama had eight months left in his term when he nominated Merrick Garland, only to have his nomination blocked by the Republican senate. Are we looking forward to a future where we just don’t replace Supreme Court justices if the president and the senate are opposite parties?"

FAIRNESS?  In this day and age of politics fairness is not a viable concept.  Each party will dig in and fight for their agenda regardless of what may be best for the country as a whole.  Maybe if Senator Harry Reid (Nov 2013 on judicial branch and federal branch nominations) had not used the nuclear option and went with the simple majority instead of keeping with 60 votes then maybe things could have turned out differently.  But FAIRNESS is no longer a factor

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 04:07:03 PM
  Fairness is not a part of the equation, not in the main, anyway.

Elected Senators will decide their obligations, by their votes.

Constitutionality is the factor all must respect, whether the public face is 'the Biden Rule', or some other Senate Rule of the past.

The Voters choose a President; The President makes a Nomination;
The Senate gives Advice and Consent.

One President at a time.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/obama-presser-trump-one-president-at-a-time-231355

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 05:28:07 PM
For argument's sake, let's say that the most Fascist of Trump's nominees is seated to the Supreme Court.  The first thing the new court does is overturn any rulings that have anything to do with women's rights, including Roe v Wade, but they go further than that -- they declare sperm and unfertilized eggs human life.  A woman who has her period without trying to save her unfertilized egg via conception can be forced to marry ...

Joan is identified as such a woman.  She marries Steve Bannon and must give up her wanton lesbian ways to staisfy Steve'e lust (and save his sperm) and produce baby after baby until she realizes she should have stood up for women's rights by being a liberal.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 05:56:20 PM
 Local decision making, so Voters have a say in maintaining or making a change in their local/State lawmakers, and law enforcement decisions, is not too high a standard for all to have.

Is Life, LIFE?

If it is, then that LIFE has certain RIGHTS...

Just as some Statuary not longer has the same relevance and respect, in our current time, so also some SCOTUS rulings, which overrode State Law when originally imposed nationwide, need attention, clarification, and tearing down, as may be warranted in our current time, as have past SCOTUS imposed nationwide "laws" at times.

Black Life Matters, Unborn Black Life Matters, All Life Matters.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 06:31:43 PM
If you say so, Mrs. Bannon.