KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, dead at 87

Sweetums · 1274

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 03:53:44 PM
. Or, will he take the high road and leave the seat open until after the election, only six weeks away.

its his responsibility to get someone in there before the election and extremely important now since hillary and other democrats have publicly stated they don't want Biden to accept the results of the election !
having an even number of members on the court going into this election ( that democrats have already declared contested ) is a disaster waiting to happen, a "constitutional disaster"

for the good of our country lets all pray democrats and republicans work together like adults and do their job to get an odd number of supreme court members in place-BEFORE this election.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #21 on: September 26, 2020, 04:03:10 PM
For argument's sake, let's say that president Trump's nominees is seated to the Supreme Court.  The first thing the new court does is overturn any rulings that have anything to do with women's rights, including Roe v Wade, but they go further than that -- they declare sperm and unfertilized eggs human life.  A woman who has her period without trying to save her unfertilized egg via conception can be forced to marry ...

Joan is identified as such a woman.  She marries Steve Bannon and must give up her wanton lesbian ways to staisfy Steve'e lust (and save his sperm) and produce baby after baby until she realizes she should have stood up for women's rights by being a liberal.

WHAT?! -
 they declare sperm and unfertilized eggs human life.  A woman who has her period without trying to save her unfertilized egg via conception can be forced to marry ??

come on now, your extremism is showing . its this crazy type of rhetoric that has led us to have rioting in the streets. we all need to calm down and be reasonable.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 04:12:00 PM

Title says it all. We are so fucked.

very sad, and did you see the disrespectful way people were chanting when our president went to pay his respects, how uncouth. she was probably rolling over in her coffin.
when people become so uncouth and dishonorable we really are fucked.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +613/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 06:11:23 PM
  Presumption that any Justice, new, old or whatever, will cast votes in cases before the court, now and in the future, that are counter to the U.S. Constitution, is a sad thing to see.

SCOTUS has before erred about Constitutionality in cases before it, and has later addressed such issues, seeking to bring Constitutionality back for all. One can, may, expect such History to repeat itself, I hope.

The law as it is today, for every issue as it is today, can be expected to be challenged, by every side, based upon it's Constitutionality. Found wanting, the law as it is today is due for 'right sizing', and when found to be indeed Constitutional, then the Court should be out of the picture.

Congress is the place to address bad law, and needed law, not the Courts, and SCOTUS can be expected to 'right size' the law, when Courts have unjustly imposed unconstitutional mandates.

For argument's sake, let's say that the most Fascist of Trump's nominees is seated to the Supreme Court.  The first thing the new court does is overturn any rulings that have anything to do with women's rights, including Roe v Wade, but they go further than that -- they declare sperm and unfertilized eggs human life.  A woman who has her period without trying to save her unfertilized egg via conception can be forced to marry ...

Joan is identified as such a woman.  She marries Steve Bannon and must give up her wanton lesbian ways to staisfy Steve'e lust (and save his sperm) and produce baby after baby until she realizes she should have stood up for women's rights by being a liberal.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3071/-41
Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 07:10:07 PM

hillary and other democrats have publicly stated they don't want Biden to accept the results of the election !

Hillary Clinton said nothing of the sort. She recommended that Biden not concede the election if the results are very close. Her exact words were:

Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is.

It's worth noting Hillary Clinton is a private citizen, and she holds no public office. In this context, here opinion affects the political process as much as yours or mine.

having an even number of members on the court going into this election ( that democrats have already declared contested ) is a disaster waiting to happen, a "constitutional disaster"

for the good of our country lets all pray democrats and republicans work together like adults and do their job to get an odd number of supreme court members in place-BEFORE this election.

As I noted, not a single Democrat has already declared the 2016 presidential election contested. And while this type of fear-mongering has been very common on the Right for the past few months, the Democrats are aware that declaring election results "contested" before the election takes place is very silly.

There have many times in our history when the Supreme Court has had an even number of justices. For example, between February 13, 2016, when Scalia died, and April 10, 2017 when Gorsuch took his seat on the bench, the SCOTUS operated for 14 months with only 8 justices.

Nor will having an even number of justices after this election matter in the least. Even a basic understanding of how the Supreme Court works shows that the Supreme Court rules only on cases that are appealed to it, and when there is an even number of justices and they vote in a 4-4 tie, the ruling of the lower court stands. Again, this has happened hundreds of times throughout U.S. history, and it has never once proven to be a "constitutional disaster."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 05:15:52 AM

hillary and other democrats have publicly stated they don't want Biden to accept the results of the election !

Hillary Clinton said nothing of the sort. She recommended that Biden not concede the election if the results are very close. Her exact words were:

Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is.

It's worth noting Hillary Clinton is a private citizen, and she holds no public office. In this context, here opinion affects the political process as much as yours or mine.

As I noted, not a single Democrat has already declared the 2016 presidential election contested. And while this type of fear-mongering has been very common on the Right for the past few months, the Democrats are aware that declaring election results "contested" before the election takes place is very silly.

There have many times in our history when the Supreme Court has had an even number of justices. For example, between February 13, 2016, when Scalia died, and April 10, 2017 when Gorsuch took his seat on the bench, the SCOTUS operated for 14 months with only 8 justices.

Nor will having an even number of justices after this election matter in the least. Even a basic understanding of how the Supreme Court works shows that the Supreme Court rules only on cases that are appealed to it, and when there is an even number of justices and they vote in a 4-4 tie, the ruling of the lower court stands. Again, this has happened hundreds of times throughout U.S. history, and it has never once proven to be a "constitutional disaster."

OK....
Hillary Clinton said  'Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances'  because I think this is going to drag out..(or she is hoping it will "drag out" and what exactly does "drag out" mean?--perhaps a long legal battle going all the way to the supreme court ? DOH!
i have seen many democrats and "news" anchors talking the same line...so whatever.

" Hillary Clinton is a private citizen so  her opinion affects the political process as much as yours or mine" ...really?  people put me and you in the same category as her speaking on national TV ?
..do you really believe that, or...?

"There have many times in our history when the Supreme Court has had an even number of justices"
..so what does that have to do with having a contested election while we have an even number of justices?,nothing, ...and under the present political climate ?..nothing.

"Even a basic understanding of how the Supreme Court works shows that the Supreme Court rules only on cases that are appealed to it"
...so you are saying there is no way democrats would ever appeal to the supreme court in an attempt to win an election?...or "drag it out" as they say...

this has happened hundreds of times throughout U.S. history, and it has never once proven to be a "constitutional disaster."

I doubt anything associated with democrats right now has ever happened in the history of the united states. we have never had such hatred expressed in such a public manner or seen the media acting on behalf or one party or the other so blatantly while pretending to be "news".

no we have never ever had a contested election between trump and joe biden in this political climate while only having an even number of justices.

i wont even go into the california 9th district decisions when it comes to lower courts...

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 05:26:03 AM

Her death and the vacancy it leaves on the Supreme Court will now add more fire to an already hot presidential campaign. Will Trump try to make an appointment and have it ratified by the Republicans in the Senate. Or, will he take the negligent road and leave the seat open until after the election, only six weeks away.

That shipped has already sailed. Trump had already prepared two lists of potential nominees, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced, before Justice Ginsberg's body was even cold,

before Justice Ginsberg's body was even cold, <- you are correct, the list was prepared years before her "body was cold"
its disgusting the way you politicize such a somber occasion before her body is even cold.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2841/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 05:35:51 AM

Her death and the vacancy it leaves on the Supreme Court will now add more fire to an already hot presidential campaign. Will Trump try to make an appointment and have it ratified by the Republicans in the Senate. Or, will he take the negligent road and leave the seat open until after the election, only six weeks away.

That shipped has already sailed. Trump had already prepared two lists of potential nominees, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced, before Justice Ginsberg's body was even cold,

before Justice Ginsberg's body was even cold, <- you are correct, the list was prepared years before her "body was cold"
its disgusting the way you politicize such a somber occasion before her body is even cold.

Odd how you claim she is politicizing something when all she did was point out what the politicians did...

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 06:01:15 AM
OP POST -
She (hillary) recommended that Biden not concede the election if the results are very close. Her exact words were:

"Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances!... because I think this is going to drag out,... and eventually,... I do believe we will win if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is. "

I didn't see anything about "very close" sounds to me like she was saying don't accept the election results under any circumstances. and make it drag out and drag the American people thru more years of democratic conspiracy theories and legal battles and drama hell regardless of how much it hurts our country and causes division. ..but cloaking it in some reasonable sounding sound bytes.

and what does she mean by " focused and relentless as the other side is" ?
what "other side" I thought we're all on the American side..and if she was referring to republicans as "other side" what exactly have they been  "relentless" about?

they seem to be just doing the usual boring job of running the country and such like politicians have always done, that's why nobody watched c-span.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #29 on: September 27, 2020, 09:16:42 PM

Irony, it seems, doesn't resonate with you...

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 09:32:12 PM

" Hillary Clinton is a private citizen so  her opinion affects the political process as much as yours or mine" ...really?  people put me and you in the same category as her speaking on national TV ?
..do you really believe that, or...?

Yes, the opinion of Hillary Clinton, as well as those of "news" anchors, does not affect change to the political process.

"There have many times in our history when the Supreme Court has had an even number of justices"
..so what does that have to do with having a contested election while we have an even number of justices?,nothing, ...and under the present political climate ?..nothing.

Ever presidential election in U.S. history (except for two) have been "contested elections." I'm not sure how the 2020 presidential election will be any different. It is highly contested. You've yet to provide even a single reason why the current composition of the Supreme Court even slightly relates to that fact, or even why the Supreme Court will play a role in the election.

"Even a basic understanding of how the Supreme Court works shows that the Supreme Court rules only on cases that are appealed to it"
...so you are saying there is no way democrats would ever appeal to the supreme court in an attempt to win an election?...or "drag it out" as they say...

I'm saying nothing of the sort, and please stop the straw man arguments.

this has happened hundreds of times throughout U.S. history, and it has never once proven to be a "constitutional disaster."

I doubt anything associated with democrats right now has ever happened in the history of the united states. we have never had such hatred expressed in such a public manner or seen the media acting on behalf or one party or the other so blatantly while pretending to be "news".

That statement manifests an ignorance of American history in general, and an ignorance of the history of U.S. presidential elections in particular.

There have been countless times in our history where "we have had such hatred expressed in such a public manner," and equally as many times where "the media acted on behalf or one party or the other so blatantly."

we have never ever had a contested election between trump and joe biden in this political climate while only having an even number of justices.

That statement is undeniably true. It's aggressively irrelevant.

And, again, you've yet to explain why the fact that there is currently an even number f justices on the Court is even tangentially relevant.

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #31 on: September 28, 2020, 02:52:44 AM

Irony, it seems, doesn't resonate with you...

oh i've seen irony....everything out of the lefts mouths the past 5 years has been ironic.
i'm just tired of the blatant gas lighting, its just lame anymore. i can't believe i used to be a democrat.but then again they didn't used to be like this.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #32 on: September 28, 2020, 03:02:35 AM

And, again, you've yet to explain why the fact that there is currently an even number f justices on the Court is even tangentially relevant.

ok barb, we'll just leave this here til december and find out if it was tangentially relevant. :roll:

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #33 on: September 29, 2020, 03:54:32 AM
i can't believe i used to be a democrat

Finally, something we can all agree on.

;D

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #34 on: September 30, 2020, 02:24:57 AM

[/quote]

Odd how you claim she is politicizing something when all she did was point out what the politicians did...
[/quote]

umm,... what exactly was it "the 'politicians' DID" ?

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 02:56:10 AM

ok barb, we'll just leave this here til december and find out if it was tangentially relevant. :roll:

we may not need to wait til december, news anchors have already begun talking about the dangers of going into this election (which WILL be contested) with an even number of justices.

stay tuned to see why it's tangentially relevant !

"The era of Gaslighting"