News:

Fall Photos

msslave · 232

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1315/-3
on: September 30, 2020, 06:59:57 PM
Made first fall trip to Crex Meadows...my favorite wildlife refuge.  Here's a few pics for anyone who enjoys wildlife.

No doubt Watcher had been in the area in February or March. Here's a young Eaglet he'd sired after taking a female eagle out for a fine dinner of fish and road kill. That gets the girls every time.

I've driven by this dead tree hundreds of times, and each time thought, "What a great place for a bird to perch. This is the first time I've seen a bird there. Not very high up.

Young Trumpeter Swan enjoying the mud...like any kid. The gray feathers and some orange on the beak show this is a cygnet. By spring the feathers will be all white and beak dark black.

Two adult Trumpeter Swans taking life easy.

A group of "prehistoric" Sandhill Cranes checking something out.  Miss B likes Sandhills, maybe she was out and giving them a bit of a "flash".

Here's a family of Sandhills. The two in the center are juveniles. You can tell that because they still haven't developed the red crest on the top of their head. The red is skin, not feathers.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Online watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1608/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 08:01:59 PM
But it was only a one time thing....I was just flying through.... 8)  WOO for the awesome photos, as always.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2950/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 09:17:15 PM
Watched a movie called The Big Year a couple of weeks ago, thought about you through most of it.

Love love love your photos.

Offline Eskimojoe

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-0
  • Live in Iowa
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 02:28:48 PM
Great pics! We get Sand Hill Cranes migrating through our state too.  Love it!