News:

What are your plans after the election?

HppyHrryHrdn · 653

Offline HppyHrryHrdn

• 2021 KB Erotica Writer Of The Year
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +86/-3
on: October 09, 2020, 05:30:31 AM
I rarely get political, please note it says rarely. And I'm not sure this falls under political so much as practical.

Has anyone thought of what their plan “B” is after the election? I don't mean like those Hollywood types who said they'd leave the country if Donald Trump was elected in 2016 and are still here. (Maybe their moving truck got lost or where they thought they'd move didn't want them, who knows) I mean seriously thought about what to do if your side loses, whether you are a Trump or Biden supporter.

I know this far out doesn't leave much time if you're planning dramatic changes. But has it crossed your mind to make dramatic changes? Or are you more of a it doesn't really effect me enough one way or the other to make a life change?

I know I'm torn between the Ayn Rand model of “Atlas Shrugged.” or using the policies of the administration against them and the people that voted for them. Either way, I am doing research and purchasing that which I feel may be needed to fulfill Plan A, B, or C. I haven't come up with a D. Maybe I'll move to another country.

Just wondering if I'm the only one in this community that is thinking this way. IRL I know lots of people are planning. They are adding to their arsenals and I mean arsenals.

And lastly, remember "A=A"

I like the idea that a voice can just go somewhere, uninvited, and just kinda hang out like a dirty thought in a nice clean mind. Maybe a thought is like a virus,  it can kill all the healthy thoughts

For a list of more of my stories, click here

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 12:55:30 PM
  Washington, DC especially, and some surrounding suburbs in MD, and in VA, will ripple with the results of the 2020 National Election, as the bienial Office Space Shuffle consumes Members of the House, as well as Senate Members, participate in "trading up", for those lucky enough to be reelected, gaining in seniority, and select available office space of election losers, retirees, and Members with less House Seniority, with a weeks long moving process.

As explained well in the attached article, the Senate process is along the same lines, and different than the House, of course, and incoming Senators, having either gained seniority, or being freshman class, with no Senate seniority, participate in the process of the Office Shuffle.

Virtually every House Member (435) and 1/3 of the 100 Senate Seats are up for change, every two years, and thus eligible for a seniority driven Office Move, organized by the Office of the Architech of the Capitol, that usually comes with a thorough cleaning, repainting, and decorating of the 'new' space for the new occupant.

One Million, to One and a Half Million Dollars is spent on this process, which repeats every two years. Moving Up is one of the few things all Members get to decide about, whether to Stay or Move, thus each has some control over the Tax Payer Expense of the process.

The Innaugural process will begin, including rental or reserving space for each of the many Innaugural Ball events for the incoming President, if it has not already begun. Hotel Reservations likely already have some bookings to reserve the best rooms for the 2021 Innaugural dates.

Lots going on, along with different arrangements to deal with Covid concerns, of course, presuming Covid is a major concern after the 2020 Election is completed.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/news/2018/10/16/office-space-congress-impacts-status-secrets-hill/1408904002/

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline HppyHrryHrdn

• 2021 KB Erotica Writer Of The Year
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +86/-3
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 01:02:29 PM
Joan,
I'm more interested in what you and others are planning on personally. I understand Washington DC has their standard moves but what are people out in the rest of the country planning.

I like the idea that a voice can just go somewhere, uninvited, and just kinda hang out like a dirty thought in a nice clean mind. Maybe a thought is like a virus,  it can kill all the healthy thoughts

For a list of more of my stories, click here

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 03:45:53 PM
Sit back and see how badly the country gets fucked. Trump or Harris, doesn't matter. It's a shitshow. We serve the same masters, and they're lunatics and they're ungrateful. But there's nothing we can do about it.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1316/-3
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 05:23:09 PM
My hopes are Trump will be soundly defeated. My fear is what he will do to try and subvert the election results.

I think the House is already preparing to take action to prevent that.

Until the voters have our say, any speculation is premature.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3086/-41
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 06:24:13 PM

I know this far out doesn't leave much time if you're planning dramatic changes. But has it crossed your mind to make dramatic changes? Or are you more of a it doesn't really effect me enough one way or the other to make a life change?

I just thought back to my personal success in having the candidate I voted for win the election, and it isn't pretty: I've won 2 and lost 3. So I'm used to losing.

I don't disagree with your assertions, but I find it revealing that some people are even thinking along these lines, especially the extreme measures of adding to personal arsenals and preparing for the invasion of government troops. We've had an incumbent presidential candidate repeating, over and over, and for months, that the upcoming election will be fraudulent, and that his presidential challenger will resort to illegalities and other underhanded means to illicitly swing the election his way, so I suppose the stockpiling makes sense in that context.

I have no specific plans for November 4th and beyond, regardless of who wins the election. I second your accusation of hypocrisy against those who proclaimed they would leave the country if Trump were elected, and did not (I'm looking at you, Alec Baldwin). Perhaps I'm old-school and perhaps I'm naive, but over the past four years, I've seen enough evidence that the Constitution remains firmly in place, and that the system of checks and balances it created remain in effect. The country is not devolving into a fascist dictatorship -- far from it, in fact -- and while I will be hugely disappointed if the current president wins a second term, I have no plans to move, nor engage in an armed uprising against him.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 08:28:45 PM
I will carry on no matter who wins.  But I will feel much better if Biden wins.  If Trump wins I will be depressed.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 08:32:26 PM
No matter the result.   I'll have a bottle of my favorite drink nearby.

The losing side will proclaim doom and gloom.  The victorious side will let go a sigh of relief.

No matter which party comes out on top, we will have 4 more contentious years on our hands.  The Democratic party won't stop trying to take down Trump.  And the Republican party will be saying "Payback is hell" as they do everything in their power to disrupt the Biden administration.

A little financial tip for you:  Buy stock in Woodford Reserve Bourbon.  I'll be stocking up on bottles either way.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 12:12:40 AM
I’m gonna get drunk, get laid, hire a pair of Vietnamese twins for a full body massage with “happy ending.”

« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 01:51:45 AM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 12:54:36 AM
I can’t think of a better plan toe.

_priapism

Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 01:56:34 AM

Escargot, Cesar salad, Beef Wellington, potatoes au gratin, asparagus, and chocolate soufflé?  With a nice Bordeaux, and some cognac or port with dessert.  A good cigar.  And snuggles with MJ by the fire.  Cause I love my Michigan girl...

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 02:22:36 AM
I’m gonna get drunk, get laid, hire a pair of Vietnamese twins for a full body massage with “happy ending.”

Nope nope nope!

Escargot, Cesar salad, Beef Wellington, potatoes au gratin, asparagus, and chocolate soufflé?  With a nice Bordeaux, and some cognac or port with dessert.  A good cigar.  And snuggles with MJ by the fire.  Cause I love my Michigan girl...

Much better.

Oh, but please define what you mean by snuggles.   Better yet, define it in PM to me so you can be more graphic in your description.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 03:43:39 AM
I’m overdue for a PM myself.  Somebody had an assignment.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 03:55:25 AM

Yeah, but that’s just a normal night right?

Tonight I had roast chicken, green beans in butter, Greek pasta salad (w/ feta, kalamata olives, red pepper, cucumber and tomato).  For dessert I made a chocolate budino from scratch to eat with Baileys and coffee and a Bulliet.

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 07:23:40 AM
My hopes are Trump will be soundly defeated. My fear is what he will do to try and subvert the election results.

i think nancy pelosi is already working on her plans...the 25th amendment and removing joe biden if he wins to put harris in the presidency or try to remove trump if he wins since the impeaching plan didnt work..
in other words another coup attempt from inside like hillary tried with her fake dossiers and FBI insiders under obamas admin.

no matter hpw you slice it your vote will be taken away by the leftists one way or another ...if they get their way.

i dont know what police dept is supposed to arrest pelosi or obama or hillary or biden or hunter...but they are not doing their job if they exist..and if they do exist ,,,i am sure efforts will be under way to defund them.

this whole thing is getting out of hand.

"The era of Gaslighting"

ChirpingGirl

Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 05:11:11 PM

i think nancy pelosi is already working on her plans...the 25th amendment and removing joe biden if he wins to put harris in the presidency or try to remove trump if he wins since the impeaching plan didnt work..
in other words another coup attempt from inside like hillary tried with her fake dossiers and FBI insiders under obamas admin.

no matter hpw you slice it your vote will be taken away by the leftists one way or another ...if they get their way.

i dont know what police dept is supposed to arrest pelosi or obama or hillary or biden or hunter...but they are not doing their job if they exist..and if they do exist ,,,i am sure efforts will be under way to defund them.

No one should believe we'll get stuck with that delusional old fool as president. It's all about installing Harris.

It's all a joke and it's not the funny kind.

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 01:39:25 PM

No one should believe we'll get stuck with that delusional old fool as president. It's all about installing Harris.

It's all a joke and it's not the funny kind.

everything the dems have been involved in for the past 5 years has been a joke but not the funny kind..this is really dangerous territory.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #17 on: October 11, 2020, 01:59:28 PM

I have to say they look VERY appetizing !

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 07:12:26 PM
I will be so happy when the political adds stop.  We have a hotly contested election between Mark Kelly & Martha McSally.  McSally is slinging more mud than I've ever seen.

_priapism

Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 07:17:15 PM
I will be so happy when the political adds stop.  We have a hotly contested election between Mark Kelly & Martha McSally.  McSally is slinging more mud than I've ever seen.

I think Kelly will win.  Hero versus Trump ass licker.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 07:27:18 PM by ToeinH2O »