KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ginsburg Amendment  (Read 192 times)
MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2294

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »

It was bad timing.  That a president was able to seat 3 SCJ's in a 4 year term, of course it's going to be out of whack.   

I just noticed this, and I feel I need to comment on this.

The reason why Obama only got two nominees in, and Trump three, was because of the bullshit the Republicans pulled in 2016, where they would not approve a new judge "so soon before the election" (seriously, nine months is too soon, but one is fine!?). I doubt poor luck was completely at fault here.

While I don't disagree with your assertion about Garland, Obama served for 8 years, and when Trump nominated Barrett, he'd only been in office for about 3-1/2 years.

At the same time, what should be noted is the relative youth of Trump's nominees: At the time of their nominations, Gorsuch was 50, Kavanaugh was 53, and Barrett was 48.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 881

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2020, 03:56:20 PM »

In the stage play, What the Constitution means to me playing on Amazon Prime, the host plays a snippet from a commentator asking Justice RBG about how many women on the Supreme Court would be enough. Her answer - 9.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 662

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »

The youth of Trump's nominees was on purpose. Mitch McConnell wanted appointments that would influence the court for many years to come.

eater
Degenerate

Fame 0

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 02:21:17 AM »

justices are not making decisions based on their religion or whether red or blue anyway, if they do they are piss poor , they are to set aside politics and religion and their personal opinions and decide cases on the law and the constitution, period.

"The era of Gaslighting"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: