MintJulie · 11373

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
on: October 18, 2020, 10:55:24 PM
This category has been created so that readers can find your stories more easily.   I've always encouraged you to post your stories in your profile, but the issue with that is that non-registered members (or guests) to the board can not access it. (addendum) and with the new website theme, the profile page has eliminated that option.

In the LIST OF AUTHORS post in this category, I will maintain the Original Post with the list of authors.   In the posts following is where you will post your stories.   You will only make one post to the topic and update that post when you add a new story.  Once you have created your little piece of real estate, PM me and I will add you to the list in the Original Post (OP).   

It will not matter if you are the third post or the 100th, because the OP will have all of the Authors names in alphabetical order.    Also, once you create your post with your list of stories, I highly suggest you add a link to your post in your signature.   If a reader likes your story, they will easily be able to find a list of all of your stories.

Do NOT post a NEW TOPIC with your list of stories.  In other words, just "REPLY", and when you do that, change the title to whatever you'd like, something like "(your name)'s stories".

If you need help adding a signature, please PM me.   It is done at PROFILE >FORUM PROFILE > (scroll down until you see the Signature text box) enter the info there.

Here is an example that you can copy and paste, then just modify the link.
Code: [Select]
For a list of more of my stories, [url=http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=72853.msg586655#msg586655]click here[/url]

It will be up to you to maintain your Table of Contents listing. 

Set up your own style.  You can keep it simple with just the story name, or like Sweetums did, give a description.   I just ask that you add Story Codes as you do on the story page.   Also, if you look at Army of One's post, he has included stories that are posted on other sites, feel free to do so.

If you need help setting up a Table of Contents post, I'd be happy to help you.    If you "quote" another Authors post, you can see how they link to their stories.   Or you can copy and paste the code below and customize the information to meet your need.   Please note the "IURL" opening and closing tags.
Code: [Select]
[b][iurl=http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=54733.0]STORY NAME HERE (Story Codes here)[/iurl][/b]
Description of story here.

This is a work in progress.   It will take a bit to iron things out, please be patient and hopefully we can make this benefit authors and visitors to the site.

Reply to this post with suggestions or comments.

I will update and alter this post as things change.   Again, it is a work in progress, we'll work through it together.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 12:49:57 PM by MintJulie »

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 05:35:07 AM
Can I just say, thank you for doing this, MJ.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +430/-10
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 01:15:38 PM
Ditto. And I'm willing to assist any author who needs help with creating html links, via PM.

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 04:24:33 AM
There are some links on the story list that give me a "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." error message. Are those links incorrect or are the corresponding stories hidden in some secret sub forums that are off limits to the average user? :)

For example, here is the link to Meatbot's Space Girl story http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=22017.0

wayne3218

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 11:49:20 AM
There are some links on the story list that give me a "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." error message. Are those links incorrect or are the corresponding stories hidden in some secret sub forums that are off limits to the average user? :)

For example, here is the link to Meatbot's Space Girl story http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=22017.0

Critical Thinking a lot of Meatbot’s stories contained underage characters.
Since the rule changes any story with characters under the age of thirteen and not allowed.
If you still want to read Meatbot’s stories like I do.
I suggest you Google ‘asstr.org Meatbot’. and you will find a link to all his stories.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 01:04:26 PM

As Wayne mentioned above.   Thanks, Wayne!

I copy and pasted that list from his Profile.   When I get a chance I'll go in and remove those that do not link to a story.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 01:10:07 PM

Critical Thinking a lot of Meatbot’s stories contained underage characters.
Since the rule changes any story with characters under the age of thirteen and not allowed.
If you still want to read Meatbot’s stories like I do.
I suggest you Google ‘asstr.org Meatbot’. and you will find a link to all his stories.
"site:asstr.org Meatbot" will focus the search on ASSTR itself.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 04:04:18 AM
Ah, thanks for the explanation :)

Offline Colin Piper

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +48/-1
  • In fantasy world, anything goes.
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 12:53:12 PM
Thanks for setting this up Jules.

All I need to do now is add some more content... :emot_mb:

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 01:52:25 PM

Just a reminder.  It is up to each author to add their new stories to their directory. 

It's as simple as clicking the MODIFY button,
adding the story title,
adding the link (url) below that.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Vela Nanashi

• Global Moderator
  • Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +370/-2
  • Imagination > Reality
Reply #10 on: December 27, 2021, 12:22:56 AM
This is a brilliant idea, thanks for setting it up and maintaining it MintJulie :)

Offline Cthulus Voice

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-0
Reply #11 on: December 27, 2021, 02:26:43 AM
I think I am getting to old for this stuff, I read the explanations and it just goes over my head ???.  But since i have yet to post a story it is a moot point for me.... for now at least.  I will have to figure it out when I come to that point.  But thanks for the hard work all of you do to maintain and preserve the site, such formus are getting rare to find.  I miss to good ole days of asstr.  Ignore me just old a old man rambling on ;D.