KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Las Palmas eruption could be major threat to the U.S.

blackdog · 436

Offline blackdog

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +11/-0
on: October 03, 2021, 07:08:48 PM
Today new fissures opened up on the volcanic ridge and if more open then there could be the possiblity of a major part pf the western side of the island sliding into the Atlantic.Volcanologists have been warning of this happening for more 20 years and the result would be a Tsunami equal to the Asian one that devastated many Asian communites but this time hitting the eastern coast of the Americas.
I'm amazed that MSM has not mentioned the seriousness of this possible situation After the last eruption some decades ago there was a 6feet slippage and experts watching from closeup are already noticing that the slippage is increasing.
It's not my intention to cause alarm as there's no indication off any danger yet but if I was living on the U.S. east coast I'd be packing bags in preparation of a fast evacuation just in case the worst happens. There would only be about 7 hours at the most to do anything.
This 4 tear old video explains the possible danger.

Inside every "God bless your heart" is a tiny "F**k you"

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1835/-28
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:35:50 PM
Sobering.

one of the originals

Offline Cthulus Voice

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-0
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 09:27:53 PM
If there's anything I've learned in my 40-plus years of life , it's that humankind doesn't do anything to prepare for any crisis. Human beings only react to the situation after it happened

Offline Cthulus Voice

• New Pervert
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 09:48:45 PM
Cue Tool's Ænima

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 10:02:51 PM

If there's anything I've learned in my 40-plus years of life , it's that humankind doesn't do anything to prepare for any crisis. Human beings only react to the situation after it happened

And how, exactly, would you urge "humankind" to prepare for this potential crisis?

Should the entire U.S. eastern seaboard by abandoned, and upward of 100 million people evacuate their homes -- and their cities -- for higher ground in the interior? Should the cities of Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Richmond, Raleigh, Atlanta, and Miami, among many others, be closed down starting today, and remain uninhabited in preparation for this potential cataclysm?

I live about 3 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and if a 100' tsunami crashes into the eastern seaboard, I'm totally fucked (and very likely dead). But I haven't started packing my bags just yet.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1835/-28
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 12:30:58 AM
“Deep in the heart of “

one of the originals

Offline Cthulus Voice

• New Pervert
Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 01:42:52 AM
Point taken MissBarbara.  I apologize if I upset you.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 02:05:50 AM
I live about 3 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and if a 100' tsunami crashes into the eastern seaboard, I'm totally fucked (and very likely dead). But I haven't started packing my bags just yet.

[/b]

An unthinkable possibility. A "prayer" nothing of the sort takes place.

Who would you be in the crisis? I know who MissB is.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 02:22:42 AM by Shiela_M »

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 05:55:02 PM
Today new fissures opened up on the volcanic ridge and if more open then there could be the possiblity of a major part pf the western side of the island sliding into the Atlantic.Volcanologists have been warning of this happening for more 20 years and the result would be a Tsunami equal to the Asian one that devastated many Asian communites but this time hitting the eastern coast of the Americas.
I'm amazed that MSM has not mentioned the seriousness of this possible situation After the last eruption some decades ago there was a 6feet slippage and experts watching from closeup are already noticing that the slippage is increasing.
It's not my intention to cause alarm as there's no indication off any danger yet but if I was living on the U.S. east coast I'd be packing bags in preparation of a fast evacuation just in case the worst happens. There would only be about 7 hours at the most to do anything.
This 4 tear old video explains the possible danger.

Makes me glad I live several thousand miles from the Atlantic Ocean and have the Rocky Mountains between me and the Pacific. And being 2200 feet above see level is nice as well.

That is all.

Offline Dudester

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +67/-66
Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 11:55:46 PM
I subscribe to two YouTube channels that update me daily on the La Palma situation and two more on the Iceland situation. This doom and gloom threat for La Palma is as nonsensical as California breaking off and sinking into the ocean. The only threat in La Palma is that one "delta" has formed from the lava flow and as much as the lava keeps branching off, one or two more deltas may form. Over 1,200 homes have been lost to the lava flow and many more are in harm's way. There is also a threat from gases. The hot lava interacting with the salt water is creating hydrochloric acid gas (lethal). Since the wind flow is from the ocean, this is a bad thing. But a tsunami, no. That's just a fantasy.