KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Hipocrisy in motherhood

Rainwater · 346

Offline Rainwater

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +14/-19
on: May 25, 2022, 09:49:22 AM
I have often found it interesting that the girls with whom I grew up that had the loosest morals and were the most rebellious against their parents have grown up to be the most strict/judgmental mothers of their own daughters.  Just an observation.

Live while you live for you're a long time dead.

Offline Hilda

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +288/-1
  • Granny Takes a Trip
    • Caroline Alcock
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 10:14:37 AM
I have often found it interesting that the girls with whom I grew up that had the loosest morals and were the most rebellious against their parents have grown up to be the most strict/judgmental mothers of their own daughters.  Just an observation.

By 'hypocrisy' do you mean that the mothers have no guilt feelings about their own behaviour as single women?

You are just a thought that someone, somewhere, somehow feels you should be here.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 02:32:32 PM

By 'hypocrisy' do you mean that the mothers have no guilt feelings about their own behaviour as single women?

Exactly.

And you both condemn these women for being judgemental and engage in judgementalism yourself. That, too, is hypocrisy.

More to the point, isn’t it possible that these women learned from their experiences when they were younger and are trying to help their daughters avoid those mistakes?

That’s what “growing up” means.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Rainwater

• Pervert
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 01:41:05 AM
It's also possible to grow up without being a neurotic helicopter parent who second guesses everything a child does.

Offline Rainwater

• Pervert
Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 01:58:01 AM
I should apologize here and back up to include girl chasing pussy hounds growing up to suddenly put a big lock on the doors and windows..  There"s a morr honest wAy of parenting.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 02:06:25 AM by Rainwater »

Offline Asmodel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-1164
Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 03:32:48 AM
Exactly.

And you both condemn these women for being judgemental and engage in judgementalism yourself. That, too, is hypocrisy.

More to the point, isn’t it possible that these women learned from their experiences when they were younger and are trying to help their daughters avoid those mistakes?

That’s what “growing up” means.
Precisely Miss Barbara,

They’re just looking back at their lives, seeing the mistakes that they made, and trying to make sure that their daughters do not do the same.

Though on the contrary, sometimes, the strictness can be a bit too severe, resulting in the daughter, (as well as a son) not at all liking it and hence, ending up developing a rebellious streak; which defeats the purpose of the parent’s strictness.

Offline Rainwater

• Pervert
Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 09:39:27 AM
Upon reviewing my initial post, I neither judged nor condemned anyone. 

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 03:45:58 PM

Upon reviewing my initial post, I neither judged nor condemned anyone.

The problem is that you made the common mistake of applying a small group of person experiences and generalized about an entire group.

You didn’t ask about some mothers, you used the word “motherhood,” as if all mothers engage in this type of behavior.

Besides, if the daughters you’re referring to are like most other women their age, they will pay lip service to their mothers’ demands, and then go out and do their thing behind their mothers’ backs.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:42:37 PM by MissBarbara »

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Asmodel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-1164
Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 03:57:46 PM
Besides, if the daughters you’re referring to are like most other women their age, they will pay lips service to their mothers’ demands, and then go out and do their thing behind their mothers’ backs.
That’s true. And this applies can apply to all a very significant percentage of children.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 04:06:09 PM by Asmodel »