10-year-old gives birth in southern Spain

watcher1 · 1064

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1574/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
on: November 02, 2010, 07:08:44 PM
MADRID — A Spanish official says a 10-year-old girl living in the south of the country has given birth.

Micaela Navarro, the Andalusia region's social affairs minister, says authorities are evaluating whether to let the mother and her family retain custody of the baby, born last week in the city of Jerez de la Frontera.

Navarro told reporters that the father of the baby is also a minor. Her department declined to give further details, such as the sex or health of the baby.

Spanish newspapers said the mother is of Romanian origin. The daily Diario de Jerez quoted medical staffers who treated the girl as saying they were told by her mother that giving birth at such a young age is common in their country.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Pixie1

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +13/-2
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:12:02 PM
Poor little creature!  I wonder if she was able to deliver the baby naturally.  I doubt it.  I bet it was c-section.  So young... i wonder if she carried the baby to full term.

Way too young to be making babies!

Offline liontamer2

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +29/-1
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:34:59 PM
Holy hell, I'm terrified.  Common in that part of the country?  Ay caramba!

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +507/-59
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:07:29 PM
Growing up, i'd hear on tv and sometimes my mother on the phone talking about girls in the country areas here in the states getting pregnant at 9. Nothing surprises me.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Melissa

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:03:00 AM

Gosh, that's hard to fathom.  I did find some references using Google...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

But, the most bizarre....

http://youngest_mother.tripod.com/

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +456/-117
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:48 AM
Just think she could be a Granny in 10 years.

Offline liontamer2

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +29/-1
Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:03 PM
Aaah, it makes perfect sense now.  She's Roma (AKA Gypsie).  They marry off their young girls sometimes prepubescently.  They're not well liked in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter. 

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mother-of-10-year-old-who-gave-birth-does-not-understand-the-fuss-480327.html

Offline Pixie1

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +13/-2
Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 08:29:56 PM
I got pregnant when I was 13.  I didn't have the baby due to complications.  I had a miscarriage.

Aside from the trauma of the miscarriage, the worst part was when I was visited in my hospital room by a counselor from the Child Protective Service Department (or something like that).  The counselor was really a cop.  She wanted me to identify the father.  I said, "Well I went to a party with my best girl friend.  There were several guys there and we like had an orgy.  So I really don't know who the father is."

She wanted the names of the boys and my girlfriend and I refused to tell her.  She was really pissy about it.  She told me about STDs and stuff.  I was still groggy from medicine and kinda sick too.  I told her to get out of my room.

What I DIDN'T tell her was that the father was daddy.  Since I wouldn't cooperate nothing more was done... except she told me to get on the pill and have guys use protection.

I can just imagine what would have happened if I was 10 and not 13 (almost 14).