KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Is there any dignity in being a member of today's press?

Rainwater · 935

Offline Rainwater

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +14/-19
on: September 30, 2022, 11:47:10 AM
When i begin to read an article these days, or i am forced by circumstances to listen to a report, it is rare to find a fair, balanced, untainted view of the facts.   It is also difficult to sit through a broadcast or to go on line at all without being met with hundreds of ridiculous stories that the press, by their very existence in print, think we should know about people they think we should.care about. 

Live while you live for you're a long time dead.

Offline blue_horn_devil

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-0
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 12:00:34 PM
If they simply gave us the facts, that would leave the final determination or judgement to the viewer/reader....you know that's not allowed.

Offline TheOtherDarryl

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +3/-0
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 09:05:54 AM
I vaguely remember fair and unbiased news, it was shortly before the towers fell! When you give an inch................. 😔😔😔

Offline tammyh

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-0
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 05:08:26 AM
Sure there is. There are plenty of reporters doing real journalism out there. The reason it's so hard to find them is real journalism takes time. It takes research to take what people say and correlate them to facts, and give them appropriate context.

But the news cycle is 24/7 nowadays. It's more important to big outlets to be first, to have Something to put in front of people's faces, and so the lines are flooded with nonsense fluff articles with half truths. And they have discovered, as Facebook and all social media has, that anger gets more views than truth or good news.

And frankly I think the root cause is the same one that makes Facebook suck so much these days, why Google is so much less useful, why your candy bars are smaller but cost more, why so many weird sites post official looking but fully bullshit articles and why gas is so expensive: the people who own it all care much more about adding a few more pennies to next quarters budget report than making a good product.

Offline Dudester

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +67/-66
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 11:17:00 PM
CBS News just confirmed that the Hunter Biden laptop story is real. This, after two years of labeling the story as "Russian misinformation." When Trump brought up the story more than two years ago in an interview with Leslie Stahl, she quickly dismissed him, using the "unconfirmed story" phrase. I wonder if she will apologize to him now that her network has said that the story is real? Oops.  :facepalm: :emot_laughing: