KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Questions about getting snipped

LtBroccoli · 384

Offline LtBroccoli

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +33/-0
on: June 05, 2023, 06:15:55 AM
Yo, been out for a while, but coming back a little more often and something might be happening in my life that I could use some insight on.  Getting a vasectomy.

Long story short, the wife went in for her yearly gyno exam and her blood pressure was higher than they like.  This past year her work sucked.  Her work volume tripled while the staff stayed the same.  It's more rare when she's done on time than working 12 hour days.  This has killed a lot of things, including any workout ideas we had.  She's put on some weight and her blood pressure is high enough that they want to take her off of her birth control for a month to see if that makes a difference.  She likes the pill and has heard horror stories about IUD's.  Condoms suck, and the rhythm method is how we became parents in the first place.

We're both in our 40's and have two kids.  We're done.  The youngest starts kindergarten this year.  I am so looking forward to that.  So the idea of downgrading birth control methods doesn't appeal to us, and quite frankly I'm leaning towards the vasectomy angle, even if she can return to her preferred birth control.

Anyone have any info or feedback for it?

Always close the program you're running before exiting the holodeck

Author's Directory is located Here

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1344/-3
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 04:09:26 PM
After our second kid I had the snip. Kid number 2 was while we thought wife had an IUD, so yeah they're not reliable.

We had it done in my wife's hometown by a doctor she'd known all her life. We were both still in our twenties but two kids were enough.

The procedure was quick and simple. I got a pill before we went that put me in LA LA LAND. Guess at that point wife could have talked me into anything. At the Drs office I was given a local anesthetic to the "boys" . As I lay there I could hear wife and doctor talking. She was a registered nurse so it was all medical stuff. There were a couple snips and it was done. A couple of stitches sealed me back up again.

We were warned that sperm can stay in the prostrate for a couple weeks or more, and to get tested after that to make sure I was clear of little swimmers. I don't remember what we did for birth control until then.

I kinda think another IUD was inserted in the wife after my daughter was born, but as you said we didn't trust it.

By the next morning my balls were the size of a grapefruit. There was some bleeding as expected and ice packs would help. When I woke up that morning after I was horny like I couldn't believe. It was embarrassing after going through that procedure the night before, so I masturbated...very gently. Things were a bit sore. It didn't take long, Shot off like a geyser with only a few strokes.

We were staying with wife's folks and they were pleased that I'd made the decision to be the one to decide to be snipped. Kinds s strange as they were strict Catholics. Also very understanding as ice packs were kept available.

I was still horny AF. Later the in-laws left to run some errands. Told the wife my situation and right on the couch I had sex with the wife... slowly and gentle. As that morning I erupted quickly. With the help of ice packs and rest my balls returned to somewhat normal size and were pain free by the time we had to head back to Minnesota.

This was back in 1971, so I'm sure the procedure is much easier. As indicated, there was no impact on my sex drive...in fact it increased. No worries about getting somebody pregnant was a big reason for that.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. But with your wife's situation I recommend it for you two.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 04:58:16 PM by msslave »

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline phil97405

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +6/-0
  • Bisexual and solosexual
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 07:18:28 PM
I had one years ago.  It was pretty straightforward, and the procedure went very smoothly.  I don't recall any pain and suffering.  Your sperm has to be tested for a period of time after the procedure, meaning that you have to go in to the doc's office and make a donation.  I can think of worse things to have to do.  : )

Offline LtBroccoli

• Degenerate
Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 06:07:29 AM
Thanks.  At this point I'm leaning towards having it done, even if she gets cleared to go back on her meds down the line.  As I said, I'm in my 40's and the thought of changing diapers again is too much.  I just don't have the energy any more to keep up with a kid, and me getting fixed means I get to spend a week at home binging whatever shows I want with a bag of frozen peas on my nuts.  If I time it for later this year, the kids will be back in school, too. 

Now I just have to navigate the US healthcare system.

Offline Rainwater

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +14/-20
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2023, 09:40:27 PM
I had it done many years ago with no complications.  Had to shave down there in preparation.  Better than having some nurse do it, right?  Some soreness afterwards.  Used ice.  But I think I exacerbated it by going hiking with my family that weekend, lol.

Live while you live for you're a long time dead.

Offline LtBroccoli

• Degenerate
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 04:35:03 AM
Giving an update on how things went.  I'm about 5 days post-op and my balls are still sore and bruised.  The process to get the surgery was a pain in the neck as my insurance required a referral from my PCP and I hadn't seen them for 2 years, so that meant an appointment and going through all the issues I'm facing.  Nothing too bad, just piling up things I've put off for a while.  Then the fun times of finding a doc, getting an appointment with them.  And of course the doc yanks so hard on everything during the exam that I vapor lock, so he says I need sedation for the surgery so I have to get that scheduled. 

I was knocked out for the surgery itself.  I woke up in post op high as fuck wearing a jock strap holding an ice bag on my balls.  The wife drove me home, and I spent most of the day laying down until I had to take the oldest to martial arts.

Speed.  Bumps. Fucking. Suck.

My definition of "take it easy" is no heavy lifting and only walking around at half speed.  I'd probably be right as rain if I knew how to just chill the fuck out.  Instead, I'm still sore as fuck and icing down.  Hopefully I'll get it through my thick skull this week to relax a little bit more.  Though Vegas says the line on that is 30:1 against.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1344/-3
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 05:20:33 AM
This to shal pass. I got mine done on vacation. Woke up the next morning with a woody and balls the size of a grapefruit. I was embarrassed at the woody so carefully beat off, very gently. Later that day another hard on so this time I went to the wife. She was surprised but took care of me.

I was well enough a week later to drive 1200 miles back home. Stayed horney until a couple years ago when my cancer treatments started.

You'll be fine.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Valley Vixin

• 2020 Writer of Year
  • Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +103/-1
  • Married white professional woman with secrets
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 12:22:39 PM
Hubby got snipped after number three, before I could start wondering about "or four".  He took the day off work, hit the doctors office, drove himself there and back.  Went to work the next day.  I took it for a test drive at the three day mark to kiss it better :emot_kiss:.  Honestly, he passed the taste test just fine.  I could not tell the difference.  His screen came back clean of swimmers, so I got off the pill.

As an aside, there is quite the rush to "unprotected sex" every time you switch.  I mean, getting off birth control to get pregnant was nice, getting rid of the condoms to go back to the pill between kids was nice (no one loves condoms), but it was wicked to have bare sex with hubby knowing I had no birth control.  He had been snipped, but tell my hormones that!

Unprotected sex!  Wahoo!  Can confirm, torpedo performs up to all specs with or without warhead.

I am the conservative good girl I was raised to be.  I am the submissive slut I was born to be. 
My stories