News:

D-Day 79 Years Later

msslave · 209

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1344/-3
on: June 06, 2023, 08:27:06 PM
Today is the anniversary of D-Day the massive invasion of Europe by allied forces. Thousands of ships brought the combined forces to the shores of Normandy.

The invasion led to the eventual downfall of Hitler's Third Reich. That's s day should never be forgotten. It was the strongest blow for freedom. As December 7th is a day that lives in infamy yet, so should June 6, 1944 be remembered as the start of the allied march across Europe. But also as the tremendous loss of life on that day and in the days to come.

Few survivors remain from that day but God Bless all of them and those who have passed.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline purpleshoes

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +449/-10
Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 11:56:39 AM

Woo for reminding us.

Offline Guy Fawkes

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +12/-0
  • PGP for the win!
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 03:30:56 AM
Today is the anniversary of D-Day the massive invasion of Europe by allied forces. Thousands of ships brought the combined forces to the shores of Normandy.

The invasion led to the eventual downfall of Hitler's Third Reich. That's s day should never be forgotten. It was the strongest blow for freedom. As December 7th is a day that lives in infamy yet, so should June 6, 1944 be remembered as the start of the allied march across Europe. But also as the tremendous loss of life on that day and in the days to come.

Few survivors remain from that day but God Bless all of them and those who have passed.

For us, the war began in September, 1939.  It was a long, hard road to D-Day -- we had the disaster in Dieppe, and the fall of Hong Kong that led many of our troops into Japanese captivity.

Where I grew up, there is small war memorial stone with a little more than a dozen names on it. My late Mum once remarked to me that she knew every name carved onto that stone. One of them in particular, she pointed out, died around Christmas, 1939.  When I was growing up, the Second World War was unforgettable -- there were simply too many men who had served, and fought in the war.

Most of them are gone now, and I have the feeling that the younger generations are mostly ignorant of our history during that period.  Apparently, based on a tweet of hers, the Premier of Alberta appears to believe that the D-Day landings were the beginning of the conflict, instead of the beginning of the end. 

Danielle Smith (Alberta Premier) is an anti-vaxxer, and a supporter of the so-called trucker convoys -- I well remember the various flags on display in Ottawa, including the Nazi flag. If they had been alive to see this, my father and uncles (all of who served in uniform) would be been apoplectic with fury at the sight.

Offline Potnoodles

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +70/-2
  • ready in 2 mins and so good to eat
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 12:16:23 AM
As a UK national now living in France I just want to say to you guys above that the sacrifices made then will never be forgotten here. 

Nicky x

Follow the rules of nature , not the rules of man. Then and only then will you find freedom.