watcher1 · 795

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1611/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
on: November 17, 2010, 03:56:21 PM
Florida car dealer offers AK-47 with purchase of car

SANFORD, Fla. – A central Florida dealership trying to drum up business is offering an unusual perk for potential used-truck buyers: A free AK-47 assault rifle.

General sales manager Nick Ginetta says that since the promotion was announced on Veterans Day, business has more than doubled at Nations Trucks in Sanford.

Customers would have to pass a background check before using the $400 gun shop voucher. They also have the option of using the money toward other firearms, or they can request a check in that amount instead.

The dealership has fielded some complaints about the deal, which Ginetta acknowledges is controversial. But, he adds: "My buyer is absolutely a gun owner, no question."

The promotion runs through the end of November.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Pixie1

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +13/-2
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 04:48:24 PM
Pixie is looking over the used Smart Car on the car lot and asks the salesman,  "Where do you mount the gun rack on this thing?"  :emot_laughing:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 06:27:18 PM by Pixie1 »

Offline redhatlover

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +255/-3
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:26:25 PM
Assault Rifle???  Most likely the semi-automatic version.  I seriously doubt that a car dealer would have the capability of transferring one unless he was also a class III dealer.  Typical media, reporting for sensationalism and not reality-RHL

I am like Charlie the Tuna.  I don't want women with good taste, I want women who taste good.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:26:15 PM
In Indonesia, Michelle does not bare arms!
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/popup?id=5322917

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Melissa

Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 07:03:13 AM
Assault Rifle???  Most likely the semi-automatic version.  I seriously doubt that a car dealer would have the capability of transferring one unless he was also a class III dealer.  Typical media, reporting for sensationalism and not reality-RHL

He was only issuing vouchers which a gun dealer would acknowledge by providing the original weapon offered or credit toward another purchase.

I like the idea!  Pixie's SmartCar would fit in the back of my Tahoe. 

Pix, I'll carry your gun and your car.   ;D

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:04:56 AM by Melissa »

Offline stefanwolf

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +91/-20
  • It's ok to howl at the moon
Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 06:10:59 AM
Assault Rifle???  Most likely the semi-automatic version.  I seriously doubt that a car dealer would have the capability of transferring one unless he was also a class III dealer.  Typical media, reporting for sensationalism and not reality-RHL

He was only issuing vouchers which a gun dealer would acknowledge by providing the original weapon offered or credit toward another purchase.

I like the idea!  Pixie's SmartCar would fit in the back of my Tahoe. 

Pix, I'll carry your gun and your car.   ;D

Pixie, I could carry your car, gun and you in my chevy van and still have room left over for a sleepover.  ;D

seriously I would go to the dealer over another cause of that promotion.  And If I bought a car, I'd probably would take the voucher and use it for another gun tho.

"If I lick the Henna off the small of a back;   Will it dye my tongue? And if I swallow it down; Will it tattoo my heart?"