KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Christmas Thread - All things Santa and holiday related!  (Read 12361 times)
Army of One
Total freak

Fame 95

« Reply #345 on: February 29, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »

And white girl is not buying her anything. Baby Yoda is already a dead trend.  Roll Eyes
If white girl wants sex ever again, she may want to buy it.

...Good lord, now I'm seeing CJ sneak off in the dead of night to get laid. facepalm

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.
ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 462

« Reply #346 on: February 29, 2020, 02:16:36 PM »

And white girl is not buying her anything. Baby Yoda is already a dead trend.  Roll Eyes
If white girl wants sex ever again, she may want to buy it.

...Good lord, now I'm seeing CJ sneak off in the dead of night to get laid. facepalm

CJ doesn't have to buy her nothing to get laid.  Cool

All I need to do is sneak downstairs to get laid.  Grin

And no, white girl still isn't buying her any Disney star wars garbage.

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?
MintJulie
Global Moderator Version 9.7.1
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #347 on: November 11, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »

As I mentioned in another post, I have no idea what to get for many people.  Maybe this can be a place we throw out ideas for others.    I thought we had a post like this in years past, but I couldn't find it.  If I do, we'll merge it together.

So I'll start with some ideas.   A couple I mentioned in the previous post.

Block Rocker Portable Speaker https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Block-Rocker-Plus
the older kids love karaoke and this should do the trick.  Plug in the iPad/phone to it and load up a "karaoke Taylor Swift" off of youtube.   It tunes into the radio also.  It has a built in battery so you can take it to the park/beach/tailgate parties.    I also purchased the following item to go with it.

Wireless Microphones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0859S2NTJ/
So two can sing at once when in karaoke mode.

Plant Propagator  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HWQVBQG
Scar the bark on a limb of a shrub or tree, pack the ball with dirt and secure it to the scarred area of the branch and 3 months later you prune it off the tree, remove the plastic to reveal a little root ball.  Cloning plants, how cool.  Can't wait.

Flaskap.  https://flaskap.com/collections/all-products#kaps
I got these for Dan for Fathers Day.  They fit in a standard Tumbler.  You fill the cap with alcohol and push the button to add more.   So, just pour some coke into the tumbler, give two 'love button' pushes to dispense two ounces of rum.   When it's gone, you pour in more coke, give it two pushes to dispense more rum.   Dan LOVES it.  The oldest will be getting one this year.

Stratego.  Board game.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXMJH7L/
Dan was talking with someone a while back and mentioned how much he loved that game as a kid and into his twenties.  So, I bought that off of Amazon.

New Underwear, for Dan.  He thinks his are fine.  THEY ARE NOT.  He's getting all new undies.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:25:32 AM by MintJulie » Logged

A true act of goodwill...
always sparks another
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 882

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #348 on: November 12, 2020, 03:01:37 AM »

Crossword puzzle books. The New York Times crosswords are challenging.

Wine

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Shiela_M
Freakishly Strange

Fame 290

Germans do it better. German Americans do it best

« Reply #349 on: November 12, 2020, 04:35:05 AM »

Oh geezer, let me think...

Gift cards

Home depot for dad and uncles

Hobby lobby for my aunts

Visa for cousins and their kids.

Boom. Done.

Another tough year in the bag

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"
MintJulie
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #350 on: November 12, 2020, 01:12:57 PM »

Gift cards

The only one I would get gift cards for was my daddy.   Then about 7 years ago, I was over his house and I found about 25 of them in his 'junk drawer' in his kitchen.   He never used them.  smh  

The last couple of years I have kept on hand about 20 MJR (movie theatre) gift cards in case I need a last minute gift for some kids that happen over or if we visit someone's home for a party and I have something ready for their kids.   This year I likely won't be needing them but will pick them up anyways, the theatres could use some money, fingerscrossed they don't close down.  If I don't hand them all out, Dan the kids and I will use them throughout the year.  Pre-Covid we'd hit the theatres at least 5 times a year.  The

always sparks another
MintJulie
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #351 on: November 12, 2020, 02:11:08 PM »

For me:

An old style Polaroid Instant camera
https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Originals-I-Type-Instant-Camera/dp/B085PQCF7Y/

always sparks another
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 882

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2020, 02:42:56 PM »

In the late 60s, they cost $24.95 and produced only black and white photos.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 767

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #353 on: November 12, 2020, 10:24:33 PM »

My foster kids want smartphones and an iPad.  Apparently, no one told them Папочка is not made of money.

On an unrelated note, and as a holiday public service announcement, please do not buy any gifts you see advertised on social media. Most of these items are Chinese knock offs of inferior quality, and they’ll be mailed to you through the post with delivery 4 to 8 week delays from now.

What I’ve done, if I see something I like, is to look for the same thing on Amazon. Amazon has good buyer protection, good warranties, and good return policies.

For example, I saw an ornament recently on Facebook that looks like Santa with a Covid mask on. I thought it would be a cute 2020 ornament for the tree.  I don’t buy things on Facebook, so I looked for it on Amazon, and found it. It didn’t arrive on time. It didn’t arrive two weeks later. The seller didn’t respond to my emails, so I called Amazon, and they issued a full refund, and shut the seller’s web page down. Turns out it’s a cheap piece of shit from China. Again, why we don’t buy things on Facebook.  If I had bought it on Facebook, I never would have seen that money again.

A friend of mine paid $50 for a holiday wreath on FB that never came.  Turns out the ad stole, and used, a photo off an Etsy account.  The Etsy wreath was priced at $280.  It was a Chinese scam, again.

Update, the ornament arrived from China, 8 weeks late.  Broken in six piece.  A piece of shit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:56:14 AM by ToeinH2O » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: