Reply #60 on: May 09, 2013, 05:59:53 AM

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #61 on: May 09, 2013, 06:12:34 AM
This thread started in 2011... How did I never post in here?

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +260/-2
  • A taste is a waste of time.
Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 03:42:49 AM
My poison was always crystal meth or ecstasy, and for a spell it was inhalants, but alcohol would be a close fourth.

For what kind of alcohol, beer, but not just any beer: porter; specifically Sierra Nevada Brewing Company porter. I still crave that taste once in awhile...

I was a wreck when I overdid it with booze, which was often enough to warrant quitting drinking along with everything else. The other stuff would have killed me really quickly.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

Offline Well Behaved Lady

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +535/-8
Reply #63 on: May 11, 2013, 10:07:16 AM
My drinking habits have changed over the years most recently I have acquired a taste for whiskey something I never expected, as a fledgling drinker of whiskey, for now I'm enjoying Bushmills.

Offline Babycakes

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +15/-1
Reply #64 on: May 11, 2013, 10:17:11 AM
JD Coke everytime with shots of Sambuca or sourz !!!!

Baby Ray Ray

TinyDancer

Reply #65 on: May 12, 2013, 03:06:32 PM

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
Reply #66 on: May 12, 2013, 04:01:04 PM
 :sign_iagree: Yes please!

Janus

Reply #67 on: May 12, 2013, 04:20:42 PM
Drambuie. The drink of kings.

Ok it was the drink of choice, and created for, The Pretender to the Scotish throne, Bonnie Prince Charlie.

My Mothers favorite drink

Janus

Reply #68 on: May 15, 2013, 04:57:53 AM
Yeah well should I decide to Jump off the wagon (4 years now) It will definitely be with a bottle of Johnny Walker....I used to Love that stuff....As a matter of fact, the last drink I ever had was from a Johnny Walker Black Label Bottle...

Not even Bullshitting you guys.....

Janus

Reply #69 on: May 15, 2013, 05:16:59 AM
You do that my friend......I will crack open a nice refreshing bottle of Diet Dew....

I can still toast with a benign refreshment can't I?

Here's to you Toe....May the bottom of the glass never run empty.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #70 on: May 16, 2013, 04:16:47 AM
Well, it couldn't have been a very good liquor store if it didn't have MaCallan 25 year Scotch, which is a higher quality liquor than JB Black label.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #71 on: May 16, 2013, 04:47:54 PM

Well, it couldn't have been a very good liquor store if it didn't have MaCallan 25 year Scotch, which is a higher quality liquor than JB Black label.

There's absolutely no comparison between the two!

But, at my local liquor store, a bottle of Macallan 25 sells for $650, while a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black sells for $35.

I once had a small snifter of Macallan 25 as an after-dinner drink at a ridiculously expensive restaurant. It cost $18. And it was worth every penny...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Janus

Reply #72 on: May 16, 2013, 05:08:07 PM

Price:   $199.00

750ML bottle
Johnnie Walker Blue Label is a blend of the rarest and most exceptional whiskies offering flavors of florals, sweet spice, and traces of smoke
Each bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label is individually numbered to honor the art and expertise of its artisanal blenders
There is no better way to say Happy Father's Day better than a rare bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label

http://www.amazon.com/Johnnie-Walker-Blended-Scotch-750ml/dp/B0077DS8GG

I believe Johnny Walker Blue to be the Top of the Top in BLENDED Scotches.

Macallan is a single Malt....Very tasty from what I hear......I like the blended JW myself though....Should I ever jump off of the wagon.

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
Reply #73 on: May 17, 2013, 07:00:51 AM

was usually my poison, if I was going to drink. It steadied my hand enough to go to work. I was a butcher, and so many of us were drunk.

coacheric

Reply #74 on: May 22, 2013, 04:44:06 PM
Back when I did drink, I always liked the Captains. Good taste, high sugar.......

TinyDancer

Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 06:22:35 PM
I have discovered how enjoyable a cup of coffee is with Bailey's in it.  For past few weeks, after dinner, we have been sitting on the deck with a cup.  Makes for a pleasant evening.

Offline licksnkissez

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +364/-51
Reply #76 on: May 22, 2013, 06:33:55 PM
I have discovered how enjoyable a cup of coffee is with Bailey's in it.  For past few weeks, after dinner, we have been sitting on the deck with a cup.  Makes for a pleasant evening.

Try a Bailey's on the rocks. Yummmmm!

Keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.
- Epictetus

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
Reply #77 on: May 23, 2013, 04:05:30 PM
I have discovered how enjoyable a cup of coffee is with Bailey's in it.  For past few weeks, after dinner, we have been sitting on the deck with a cup.  Makes for a pleasant evening.

My ex used to drink something called a "Nutty Irishman", Baileys & Frangelico with a splash of cream.  Too sweet for me, but she could knock those down.

Fast forward, I came home early the other day, and my son had left my bottle of Bailey's on the table.  Considering how many of those his mom had when she was pregnant (over my objections), I'm surprised he wasn't born with a Nutty Irishman in his fist.

We had to have a long talk about that one.  He said "I just had a taste."  Isn't this how it always starts?  :(

Not always, but you are right to be concerned. Just share your concerns as honestly as you can, and hope for the best. You are a good man, your son will likely trust you sooner or later.

coacheric

Reply #78 on: May 23, 2013, 04:12:35 PM
Trust toe........

joe_and_michelle

Reply #79 on: May 23, 2013, 05:19:47 PM

Indeed!
That has been my Nov-Apr after dinner drink for many years.
May-Oct it varies...  Cap'n and Vernors one of my favorites.  Different Vodka & Gin drinks, which I have a few to sample from earlier in the thread.