What's the fucking weather?

Lois · 223577

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #4060 on: April 28, 2021, 09:06:38 PM
41F and windy with dark skies.  The wind is knocking some white blossoms off of the trees in my backyard.  But then I noticed some of the blossoms were melting, so there are a few flurries coming down too mixing in with the blossoms.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen blossoms and flurries falling at the same time and had trouble distinguishing between them, except for the ones that melt.

6 days ago I saw snow flurries, right now it’s 84F.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #4061 on: April 28, 2021, 09:11:20 PM
After pushing our chilly, rainy weather towards Chicago area, we got sunny skies and getting close to 60. Cats taking fill advantage and racking up lots of time outside.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4062 on: April 28, 2021, 09:11:41 PM
6 days ago I saw snow flurries, right now it’s 84F.

I know.  We were sitting on the back patio having drinks last night saying the same thing.  Crazy!

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Online Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2947/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #4063 on: April 30, 2021, 03:07:54 PM
It was mild 45 this morning, but the wind was making it feel so cold, almost freezing. Supposed to warm up to ampost 80 tomorrow though. So excited

_priapism

Reply #4064 on: April 30, 2021, 05:59:12 PM
Pretty much rain, all day today and tomorrow.  High’s in the mid 60°s.  Jeeze.  Feels like upper Midwest weather.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #4065 on: May 01, 2021, 01:00:20 AM
High winds all day, just hope my chainsaw starts without much effort.  The branches that came down are far to big to drag, and one is still hung up where it broke.  I just paid about $4k to trim those trees.  None hit the house or vehicles at least.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4066 on: May 01, 2021, 02:51:32 AM
High winds all day, just hope my chainsaw starts without much effort.  The branches that came down are far to big to drag, and one is still hung up where it broke.  I just paid about $4k to trim those trees.  None hit the house or vehicles at least.

:(
I can handle a chain saw, call me if you need some help.  I will not swing an ax though.  I almost chopped a toe off when I was 16.  Missed the log and buried the ax in the ground an inch from my foot.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +430/-10
Reply #4067 on: May 01, 2021, 01:27:55 PM

I can handle a chain saw, call me if you need some help.  I will not swing an ax though.  I almost chopped a toe off when I was 16.  Missed the log and buried the ax in the ground an inch from my foot.

Let me see if I've got this straight... you almost chopped your foot off with a hand operated ax, and you think someone should hand you a gasoline powered chain saw?  :emot_laughing:

Yeah, right.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4068 on: May 01, 2021, 03:38:08 PM
I am hiring MJ to redo my lawn. She has a great green thumb. No chain saw or axe needed though, so all her appendages should be safe.  As should be mine. ;D ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #4069 on: May 02, 2021, 08:17:27 PM
Had a one day heat wave yesterday! Temps made it to high 80s...July weather. Tried to tough it out, but by evening flipped on the air conditioners.

By morning cooled down to 50s and cloudy. Amazing how heat can hit then go away in just a day.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4070 on: May 02, 2021, 11:22:09 PM
We are in our second day of sun and temps in the 80s. But very windy. Gusts up to 40mph. Feels so nice to sit outdoors.

_priapism

Reply #4071 on: May 02, 2021, 11:34:34 PM
Sun finally came out. Blue skies. 90°.  Holy molie.  Lawn is too soft from the rain to mow.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #4072 on: May 03, 2021, 01:32:54 AM

Everything is cut up, firewood stacked for future camping, and brush stacked for a move up behind the house later this week .  I got an 8 inch diameter break I need to clean cut, again later this week.  It’s 10 feet up, so at least I can reach it with my ladder.  The other breaks are in pine trees way way up and will have to stay jagged.

At least the chainsaw fired up rather easily for sitting in the back of my truck unused for about a year and a half.

Online Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2947/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #4073 on: May 03, 2021, 03:27:54 AM
Knowing how much I love sitting outside by a fire, my dad bought me a chainsaw one year to help me with getting wood for my firepit. Granted it is an electric chainsaw, but still a chainsaw.  I used it once in three years.  The day he got it for me and showed me how to use it. I cut two pieces of wood and haven't touched it since. I don't have an axe, but I've got a hatched and a rubber hammer I use to make smaller pieces.  Most of the time I just buy already split wood, or I ask my dad and he brings me some. I have a bunch stacked up in the back of my garage.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4074 on: May 03, 2021, 07:44:20 PM
Knowing how much I love sitting outside by a fire, my dad bought me a chainsaw one year to help me with getting wood for my firepit. Granted it is an electric chainsaw, but still a chainsaw.  I used it once in three years.  The day he got it for me and showed me how to use it. I cut two pieces of wood and haven't touched it since. I don't have an axe, but I've got a hatched and a rubber hammer I use to make smaller pieces.  Most of the time I just buy already split wood, or I ask my dad and he brings me some. I have a bunch stacked up in the back of my garage.

Never let the chain saw blade hit the dirt. Instant dulling of the blade. As would cutting through dirty wood.  8)

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #4075 on: May 21, 2021, 08:37:18 PM
We are having "Dry lightning weather", bad because of the fire risk.

So we have stormy skies but it's too warm to allow rain to reach the ground.  It's expected to reach 86F today so it's cooler than normal.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #4076 on: May 21, 2021, 09:10:04 PM
After sunny day in 80s yesterday at Badlands, weather turned. Big storm last night with wind blowing rain sideways. Then lots of thunder.

Today north wind and only 50 degrees. What a change! Wind so bad hard to hold camera still.

I'm coping. :D

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #4077 on: May 24, 2021, 01:10:54 AM
Two days of 91F and the little red eyed devils are here.  Having a party occasionally interrupted by screams when one lands nearby.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #4078 on: May 24, 2021, 02:26:13 AM
Had my head in the clouds today... literally. Heavy fog for second day in a row. By noon it cleared at the lower elevations, but going back up a solid wall of fog/low clouds.

Going out for dinner, rain poured down, then my phone went off with a tornado warning! Just heavy rain. Still here Dorthey.

Tomorrow, my last day looks better. May be partly cloudy and in 60s by afternoon.

_priapism

Reply #4079 on: May 24, 2021, 09:56:26 PM
It’s only been in the 80s this week, which is really nice for this time of year. We’ve had a huge low pressure system circulating overhead. It punched a hole in the high pressure dome we usually see. So we’ve had have lots of rain, mild temperatures (by Texas standards).