KRISTEN'S BOARD
Please consult your physician prior to participating on this message board.

News:

FALL TELEVISION 2013-2014 SEASON

GEMINIGUY · 4582

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 10:59:17 AM
I haven't seen the new CBS sitcoms Mom and The Crazy Ones yet but they look good. Who's seen them?
The Following will be returning in November, and i heard Bones will be moving to Friday. I wish FOX could make a go of Fridays again like in the 90s when they got a lot better ratings on that night.
So what have you been watching that looks good?

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline Well Behaved Lady

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +524/-7
Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 11:30:55 AM
I saw the trailer for NBC's Dracula yesterday. NBC will pair it with Grimm on Friday nights.
I think it's the most lame Dracula incarnation ever. I like Jonathan Rhys Myers acting but not in here.
I wonder if it'll actual get an audience.

I saw a brief trailer for this on my side of the pond and I'm not keeping my hopes up one bit. However I felt the same about Hannibal and once I got into it I loved it.

I'm enjoying The Blacklist at the moment. James Spader is quite endearing in it, in a weird way.

Homeland finally got my attention in the most recent episode, I was nearly plotting my own attack on Sol for his treatment of Carrie  ;D

I look forward to The Following, it will be interesting to see where that takes us in the second season.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 11:33:31 PM
James Spader is amazing in anything you put him on. Homeland is of interest to me because the lead character - is it Damian Lewis? - starred on NBC's life and i enjoyed his acting on the crime drama.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2430/-33
Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 11:39:43 PM
"Person of Interest" is one of only two shows I watch regularly, and I'm not liking the second season anywhere near as much as the first. Do you watch it? What's your take?

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 11:46:57 PM
I haven't watched the show but i recorded the episode where they had to take care of the baby, lol
By the way, the new female characater on Person Of Interest was Damian Lewis' partner on Life. I was planning on mentioning that in my last post so it's ironic you brought up Person Of Interest, MissB. :)

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2430/-33
Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 11:50:53 PM

I haven't watched the show but i recorded the episode where they had to take care of the baby, lol
By the way, the new female characater on Person Of Interest was Damian Lewis' partner on Life. I was planning on mentioning that in my last post so it's ironic you brought up Person Of Interest, MissB. :)

Speaking of coincidences, that female character, played by Sarah Shahi, is what I dislike most about the second season. She's pretty, and she looks great in a tank top, but she's aggressively annoying, and she adds little to the story lines.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51:42 PM
By the way, Person Of Interest is actually in season three now. Two seasons Thursdays at 9, new season Tuesdays at 10. I hope CBS finally found a good fit for that time slot, shows have come and gone quick Tuesdays at 10. CSI: Miami and Without A Trace had really good ratings in that slot.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 11:53:46 PM
Yeah, her character on Person Of Interest is very different than the one she played on Life.

Offline licksnkissez

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +363/-51
Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 12:16:10 AM
Sons of Anarchy continues to be awesome and I'm really enjoying the new season of American Horror story. Oh and the IFC channel is going to begin midnight showings of Rocky Horror starting Saturday!

Keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.
- Epictetus

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 04:46:07 AM
You forgot, Toe, to "kids" old people don't count. Old as in over thirty. ;-)

Offline Well Behaved Lady

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +524/-7
Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 08:15:48 AM
"Person of Interest" is one of only two shows I watch regularly, and I'm not liking the second season anywhere near as much as the first. Do you watch it? What's your take?

Huge fan, I forget what I watch when it's off our tv screens here. I don't know of anyone else who likes it, at first it didn't grab me. I found John Caviezel's character hard to take too, but the idea that we are being monitored like they portray in the programme had me hooked. I'm looking forward to seeing the next season.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 01:09:23 AM
I've been catching up on this season of Law & Order: SVU. Since at least last season the lawyer the feature is A.D.A. Barba. I have to say i don't really care for the character. After the original Law & Order ended, a few of the cast members have guest starred on SVU, including Linus Roache who played the A.D.A. on the original. He would have been better on her than A.D.A. Barba.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 01:12:35 AM
Who watches Chicago Fire? One of the leads previously played on Trauma, which was also on NBC. There's a blonde actress who looks like a blonde who was also on Trauma. If it's the same actress, i've been wondering if they're playing the same characters from Trauma.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 05:28:42 AM
I'm watching The Mentalist, and in the next few minutes we'll [supposedly] find out the identity of Red John.

Offline SouthernFire

• New Pervert
    • Fame +2/-0
Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 01:49:21 PM
Who watches Chicago Fire? One of the leads previously played on Trauma, which was also on NBC. There's a blonde actress who looks like a blonde who was also on Trauma. If it's the same actress, i've been wondering if they're playing the same characters from Trauma.
No it isn't the same actress. Lauren German is from Chicago Fire and the one from Trauma is Anastasia Griffith. Trauma was a way better show, but I track Chicago Fire pretty well. They are talking about a spin off "Chicago PD". But in the way of "Rescue" Shows nothing beats Emergency!