Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1575/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #260 on: August 11, 2014, 03:04:14 PM
I think he should have invested in Jockies

Maybe an exercise program too.  8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline celticfeline

• Ceridwen
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +209/-24
  • meeeeeeeeeow
Reply #261 on: August 12, 2014, 07:11:11 AM
msslave - hope that cat has been declawed.... 8)

I don't think that will matter...the force of the bat will be sufficient for a painful wake up call

SEX KITTENS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

TinyDancer

Reply #262 on: August 17, 2014, 07:01:17 PM

TinyDancer

Reply #263 on: August 18, 2014, 02:19:53 PM

This is so very true, I give you an example.  *smile*

Last night we were watching some show where these guys restore muscle cars and they were working on a vette that had splitback windows.  Well hubby was going ape shit over it and says with a sigh, "You know if I wasn't married I'd have me a corvette."  I said, "Oh really, know what I would be doing if I wasn't married, well let me tell you.  I'd be living in Fiji banging the pool boy." 

Ended up laughing about him picking up babes in his 'vette and me banging the pool boy, hubby is such a perv.

Offline insatiable

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +557/-2
  • Insatiably Insatiable.
Reply #264 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:44 PM

And post like this that makes us wish its fake.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:40:12 PM by insatiable »

Something about something by someone important.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #265 on: August 18, 2014, 05:27:54 PM
I have no words that convey the dismay, astonishment, and sad acknowledgement of the depths of ignorance and stupidity of that FB comment.

Now you know why I don't post on FB... It must make you stupid.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:44:34 PM by Katiebee »

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline redhatlover

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +255/-3
Reply #266 on: August 18, 2014, 05:41:44 PM
I do believe there is a typo in her last name.

I am like Charlie the Tuna.  I don't want women with good taste, I want women who taste good.

coacheric

Reply #267 on: August 18, 2014, 05:45:01 PM

The bad part is that this is the upcoming generation.....we're all doomed

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #268 on: August 18, 2014, 05:54:50 PM

I'm fighting a rear guard action.

Any wonder it's called a Forlorn Hope?

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline anvil

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +66/-8
Reply #269 on: August 18, 2014, 07:11:53 PM
Hey, the forlorn hope go in first. However, I have no doubt you can be in both places at the same time.  ;)

Deus subrisum stultusi et ferrari

Offline anvil

• Total freak
Reply #270 on: August 18, 2014, 07:16:55 PM
BTW, did you ever notice how this new generation, along with way too many from other generations, did Science, then proceed to "tweet" it on their "smarter-than-they-are phones?

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1575/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #271 on: August 18, 2014, 10:35:19 PM

I think every generation says that about the upcoming one.  Luckily there are more that prove us wrong then prove us right.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #272 on: August 18, 2014, 10:37:52 PM
When can I start yelling "get off my lawn!"?

Offline anvil

• Total freak
Reply #273 on: August 19, 2014, 03:12:50 AM
"Dis" science it should have said, and its certainly not generation specific.

I spent a few years involved with a group of "the world as we know it today will be gone tomorrow" people. Long story there.

They literally "diss'ed" science and technology, then spent hours at night on the computer at the volcano and earthquake sites, just knowing South America was sinking, and geological uplifts had to have happened in human seconds, not Geo time.

They absolutely believed what they saw on their high tech 'puters, coming from the internet, had to be true, and "science" was bs.

They were not spring chickens.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #274 on: August 19, 2014, 06:19:13 AM
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Bexy

Reply #275 on: August 19, 2014, 09:27:23 AM
"Dis" science it should have said, and its certainly not generation specific.

I spent a few years involved with a group of "the world as we know it today will be gone tomorrow" people. Long story there.

They literally "diss'ed" science and technology, then spent hours at night on the computer at the volcano and earthquake sites, just knowing South America was sinking, and geological uplifts had to have happened in human seconds, not Geo time.

They absolutely believed what they saw on their high tech 'puters, coming from the internet, had to be true, and "science" was bs.

They were not spring chickens.

This show is currently on National Geographic:

Ultimate Survival Alaska:
They are some of the toughest, most extreme survivalists from across the nation. In the second season of Ultimate Survival Alaska, four teams—woodsmen, mountaineers, military veterans, and endurance athletes—go head-to-head in an epic arctic competition that only National Geographic could inspire. Dropped in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness by bush plane, with only their raw, die-hard ingenuity and the gear on their backs, they’ll navigate through treacherous glaciated river valleys, barren ridgelines, and high mountain peaks, battling hunger, hostile predators, and perilous weather conditions along the way. Like the original National Geographic explorers, for those who succeed there is no grand prize, just the well-fought pride of having conquered the grueling challenges that Mother Nature can throw at them. It's an epic competition series where the only prize is survival.

And it is COMPLETELY fake. My husband and I have just checked it a few times and we were annoyed shitless. Firstly, most of the guys look too handsome. Secondly, they are way too clean. Hiking around in the wilderness for a few hours? Your clothes, hands and face are going to get wet, sweaty and dirty. You should see these guys, like they just stepped out of a shower and fohned their hair. Not a single trace of sweat. Their gear looks brandnew and unused. It is fucking ridiculous.

I used to like NatGeo years ago, but my interest and respect has steadily gone down over the years as more 'fake shows' entered the channel. Now I'm pretty much at the point of being appalled and disgusted at the ridiculousness.

The worst thing is, lots of young and inexperienced folks don't get that it's fake, because they never saw the earlier shows and they've never done any trekking themselves.

There used to be another -equally ridiculous- show with a 'survivalist' dude who would eat just about anything. The advice he gave was often stupid and sometimes even bordering on the point of insanely dangerous. My husband knows plenty about survival and was outraged at this show. If people would follow the advice of that show they would surely end up dead or badly injured.

TinyDancer

Reply #276 on: August 19, 2014, 02:03:26 PM

Offline redhatlover

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +255/-3
Reply #277 on: August 19, 2014, 03:10:19 PM
I'm about 90% sure that both of those pictures of young people saying dumb things on social media are just either posted by trolls or completely made up by trolls.

You must have not met many people of this generation.  There are even dumber ones out there.  Unfortunately, I run into them quite regularly.

I am like Charlie the Tuna.  I don't want women with good taste, I want women who taste good.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #278 on: August 19, 2014, 03:12:27 PM
Don't be too certain of that GB. About 50% of the US population cannot identify the nearest star to Earth, or the 50 states of the country they live in.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:49:23 PM by Katiebee »

joe_and_michelle

Reply #279 on: August 19, 2014, 03:29:40 PM
There are even dumber ones out there.  Unfortunately, I run into them quite regularly.
Oh, so you visit Ohio often?