KRISTEN'S BOARD
Please consult your physician prior to participating on this message board.

News:

FALL TELEVISION 2015-2016 SEASON

GEMINIGUY · 3196

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2430/-33
Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 07:14:29 PM

Person Of Interest will be returning Tuesday, May 3 at 10pm, and starting the following week two new episodes will air Monday and Tuesday nights at 10.
It's also been confirmed that this is the final season of Person Of Interest. Sorry MissBarbara... :(

Thanks so much, GG! Is it still on CBS?

In the mean time, I've filled the hole left by POI's absence with the show "Limitless," which I'm enjoying more and more as the season progresses. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it, since the main character is a whisker away from being an insufferable smartass (like Sean on "Psych"). But he never crosses that line, and I love the show's dense plotting (like POI) and it's the sense of mystery and conspiranoia (also like POI).

Thanks, again, for the update!

Too bad about POI coming to an end, I like that show.

I like Limitless also, MissBarbara.   But as the season continues I can not help but compare it to "Chuck", which I liked at first, but couldn't watch after the second season.   It got to silly.

I never watched Chuck, but I know what you mean. I think they stay this side of that line, but, as you see, we'll see. The ending of Tuesday night's episode was certainly a bombshell.

And, I must admit, Bradley Cooper is certainly a handsome, suave man...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline MintJulie

• ~ Version Number 9.10.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +934/-6
  • POY 2016
Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 09:01:20 PM

I never watched Chuck, but I know what you mean. I think they stay this side of that line, but, as you see, we'll see. The ending of Tuesday night's episode was certainly a bombshell.

And, I must admit, Bradley Cooper is certainly a handsome, suave man...

Ugh.  Missed Tuesday.  Now I HAVE TO see it.   
Maybe tonight with a friend.  She watches it also.
She also has suggested I catch up to her on Daredevil (Netflix) a Marvel Production.  Anyone?   Watched one episode . why does the entire program have to be filmed in dark and shadows.  Then the sound goes from one extreme to the other.   Might cause me to stop watching.  Hate that.
Yes, Mr. Cooper is certainly easy on the eyes. ;)

Jules

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady.  #TB12

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 09:11:49 PM
Yes, MissBarbara, you'll be able to watch the last 13 episodes of Person Of Interest on CBS. And you're welcome! :^)
I feel bad it's going off the the air. I didn't really watch it but it seemed like a cool show.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 04:04:49 AM
Aquarius season two will returns on NBC Thursday, June 16th with a two-hour commercial free premiere at 9pm. The following week it will move to its regular 10pm time slot.
I reall enjoyed season one last Summer. I don't know much about the '60s, other than some of the music and shows like Star Trek, Dragnet and Adam-12. I think Aquarius has the same feel as those two police dramas and the story holds my interest well. Can't wait to see how season two works out.

Offline MintJulie

• ~ Version Number 9.10.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +934/-6
  • POY 2016
Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 04:08:04 AM
Renewed, not renewed.    Only came across this site because I just saw the series finale of Castle, which my brother-in-law loves.

ABC

Renewed: Fresh Off the Boat, The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, Black-ish, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Quantico, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Once Upon a Time, Dr. Ken, American Crime, The Catch, The Real O’Neals, Last Man Standing

Canceled:  Nashville, Castle, Marvel’s Agent Carter, The Muppets, Blood & Oil, The Family, Galavant, Wicked City, Of Kings and Prophets

CBS

Renewed: Supergirl (moves to CW), Life in Pieces, Scorpion, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, 2 Broke Girls, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, Mom, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, Madam Secretary, Code Black, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, The Odd Couple, Undercover Boss

Canceled:   CSI: Cyber, Person of Interest, Rush Hour 

On the bubble: Limitless

NBC

Renewed: Superstore, Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., Law & Order: SVU, The Blacklist, Blindspot, Shades of Blue, Grimm, The Carmichael Show

Canceled: Heroes Reborn, You, Me and the Apocalypse, The Player, Truth Be Told, Telenovela, Crowded, Undateable, Heartbeat, Game of Silence, The Mysteries of Laura

Fox

Renewed: New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, Gotham, Scream Queens, Empire, Bones, Last Man on Earth, Lucifer, Rosewood, Sleepy Hollow

Canceled: Grandfathered, The Grinder, Second Chance, Minority Report, Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life, Bordertown

On the bubble (for 2017-18 season):  The X-Files

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/05/13/tv-cancellations-every-shows-status-one-spot/84320248/

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady.  #TB12

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #50 on: September 09, 2016, 09:52:01 PM
Once the regular television season had ended in May, my mind wasn't really on television, and I forgot all about the new Summer seasons of The CW's Beauty & The Beast [final season] and NBC's Aquarius.
Aquarius returned after the Olympics two episodes on Saturday nights. I missed the first seven episodes, but I'm glad I decided to watch episode eight. I just watch episodes nine, ten and eleven [this Saturday will be the final two episodes of the season] and I really enjoyed the storylines. I can't wait to see how this season ends.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +597/-1
Reply #51 on: September 09, 2016, 10:15:55 PM
Once the regular television season had ended in May, my mind wasn't really on television, and I forgot all about the new Summer seasons of The CW's Beauty & The Beast [final season] and NBC's Aquarius.
Aquarius returned after the Olympics two episodes on Saturday nights. I missed the first seven episodes, but I'm glad I decided to watch episode eight. I just watch episodes nine, ten and eleven [this Saturday will be the final two episodes of the season] and I really enjoyed the storylines. I can't wait to see how this season ends.

Like Aquarius too.  Fun seeing Duchovny channel his inner Jack Webb.  The Manson horror of that time is still creepy even after all these years.  Scenes with him make me uneasy.

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +426/-59
Reply #52 on: September 10, 2016, 01:42:23 AM
I love the fact that it's set in the late '60s, I love the vibe, the music, the different attitudes of that time. That's what great about television and movies, they're like time capsules, you can go to places before your time. Or for those people who were there, they can relive it in a way.