the struggle is real

kittykass · 1537

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +29/-0
  • Macabre Maiden
on: September 18, 2015, 03:35:47 AM
Excuse me while I vent...

As some know, I recently ended a long term relationship. This was the cause of my absence, etc, whatever. Anyway. I'll be honest and admit I've never truly been single. I've always had someone I could call to snuggle with, fuck, talk to, what have you. Now, I've started to try to seek someone out for this. I have those willing, but...hard pass. I'm astounded at how many people are not comfortable with this! I take that back, there are plenty that would, but I wouldn't let them near me. Sorrynotsorry.

Main point...I'm so aroused that I feel like I've been punched in the gut. Fuck you, single life.

"But captain, to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do."

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:49:42 AM
Aside from the obvious, I do know what you mean. However, having been alone for periods of my life, I can say that it won't kill you. You will hate it, detest the circumstances and be miserable, but it won't kill you.

On the other hand, you may feel like the struggle is destroying you. After awhile it will seem to get better. And one day, you will find another.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 04:50:29 AM
Of course, you may not, but I thought that putting an optimistic spin on it was better than just telling your to get a killer vibrator.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
  • Macabre Maiden
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:01:14 AM
I think a trip to the toy store is already in motion. Otherwise, I will probably die.

"But captain, to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do."

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3090/-41
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:51:09 PM

Aside from the obvious, I do know what you mean. However, having been alone for periods of my life, I can say that it won't kill you. You will hate it, detest the circumstances and be miserable, but it won't kill you.

On the other hand, you may feel like the struggle is destroying you. After awhile it will seem to get better. And one day, you will find another.

Exactly!

I know, as you're just post-breakup, reassurances like these are, well, easy for us to say. And yes, the struggle IS real.

But I've been there (as have most people), and it's helped me to approach the problem from a different angle. Yes, being single sucks, and being recently single sucks even more. But you can try to take advantage of the opportunity. View your single-hood as a temporary status: Don't waste time and mental and emotional energy dwelling on the past, what could have been, or what might be. And do take advantage of the opportunities that your single-hood affords you. You can eat what you like, see the movies that you like, hang out with the friends you like, and on and on.

Yes, very strong non-sexual emotions can lead to strong sexual desires. And while, as a single person, you'll miss the closeness, touching, and feeling of being with a partner, you're a smart girl, and I'm sure you can discover ways to have wonderful and physically and emotionally fulfilling times with yourself.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

IdleBoast

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 11:22:17 PM
Sorry if this sounds patronising, but, you are young yet, very young.

Your single status will be a short-term hiatus in your life, treat it as a break, a few minutes on the bench in the football game of life.

Have a stretch, watch what the other team are doing, pick a player to tackle, then get back into the game when you are ready.

(I would try and be properly British, and offer to help out a damsel in distress, but I'm afraid an intercontinental trip might be noticed by Mrs Boast ;) )

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
  • Macabre Maiden
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 11:54:52 PM
Thank you for allowing me to bitch and moan (although not in the sense I would like...hmph).

I'm not looking for a relationship, persay. I'm just a romantic and know they can happen.

Maybe I'll just start writing stories of my sexcapades. I have a few interests lined up...supposedly meeting one tonight. We shall see.

Offline Piper-Dreams

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
  • Meow
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 06:21:21 PM
I think a trip to the toy store is already in motion. Otherwise, I will probably die.

We are all ears about your adventure  :D.