KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Vacation! What do you do for vacation, and what is your dream vacation?

Jed_ · 3466

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy

....caught in traffic due to a herd of bison either in the road or everyone stopped to look at them. ..... But after a while the traffic jams grew tiresome...........aghast to all the other tourists, I just went around all the other vehicles and slowly rolled towards the herd.  Turns out even 2000 pound bison will get out of the way when a 7000 pound truck is coming at them, that herd parted like Moses did the Red Sea.

8 letters, starts with an F.  Ends in a D. 
A grump. Party Pooper.  No fun.

Oh, I got it.     F U D D Y D U D

;D,
Jules

I beg to differ, what started out as a tiresome delay to get to camp ended up being a bit of a rush seeing walleyed bison staring at me as I rolled my truck through their herd.  The campground at the far west end of the park is free, so that was cool too.

This pic is actually in Yellowstone.  When I drove through the much bigger herd in the Badlands, I wasn’t about to take either hand off the steering wheel.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Got a last minute invite to go to the beach next weekend, a free place to stay.  I was astonished to find room in the kennel (or as I call it, doggie jail) for my dog.  Considering it’s July 4th weekend, I had little hope.

I get to see my Peruvian in that lime green bikini I bought her again, just gonna suggest she not forget to do the grooming she forgot last time.  I’ll even offer to help.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange

Booked 10 nights in Maine this week, hauling the travel trailer north late Sept. to early Oct.  We will be staying in and around Acadia NP.

The irony is 10 nights in Maine cost me less than the campground last weekend at the beach, 2 nights.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
I’ve visited the ocean more times these last two summers than the previous 15 to 20 years.  I’ve also looked at the ‘best beaches’ articles on my iPhone a lot lately and see a disconnect.  It seems what passes for best beaches is always calm water.  The ocean is at it’s most fun to swim in when there’s some surf.  So I don’t get the ‘best beaches’ concept I guess?

So calm water or body surfing some waves?

psiberzerker

So calm water or body surfing some waves?

I have to have some surf.  (I'll snorkel, but not body-surfing.)  Yes, pristine glass is what some people call the "Perfect beach," but I'd rather have some rocks for it to crash into.  

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff

New dream vacation spot:     Iceland.  I may have mentioned it.  I want to see the northern lights and visit that beautiful country.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange

New dream vacation spot:     Iceland.  I may have mentioned it.  I want to see the northern lights and visit that beautiful country.

It’s on my bucket list too.  The drawbacks are it’s heavily visited, expensive, and the food for the most part is not that great.  I do like gravlax though.

I want to rent an SUV and explore including circling the island and finding hot springs.

psiberzerker

I'm essentially retired, so my "Vacations" this year have been helping out family, and a political protest.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
We did Wisconsin Dells a few years ago, this October a resort in Scottsdale.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

There's a real good microbrew/Oktoberfest scene in Scottsdale!

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
We did Wisconsin Dells a few years ago, this October a resort in Scottsdale.

#Resist

We've been talking about Wisconsin for a bit.   Madison/Dells/Milwaukee (Miller Brewery)

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
We did a midweek in February at one of the indoor water park resorts.  The rates were excellent then.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Camping in Chincoteague for 4 nights coming up over Labor Day.

IdleBoast

While I was a away (what do you mean, you didn't notice?) we went on a 117 year old steam yacht.

Vessels like this tick all my Maker/engineer boxes - the lines, the feel of the wood, the sound and smell of the double-expansion engine, cruising across the mill-pond lake in the bright sun, wife at my side... 45 minutes of bliss...

https://windermerejetty.org/items/osprey/

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
We did a midweek in February at one of the indoor water park resorts.  The rates were excellent then.

https://www.wildernessresort.com/

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff

You had me at...

...the feel of the wood...

Kidding.   I think I would have loved it too.   Beautiful boat.  So happy you enjoyed it.

And yes, I noticed your absence.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

He had me at 117yo steam yacht.

8{)>
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:08:58 PM by psiberzerker »

_priapism

Some friends of mine are visiting Gordes, Provence.  It is the commune where one of my very favorite movies, “A Good Year,” based on Peter Mayle’s book, was filmed.  Their travelogue has me swearing “next year.”

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange

Booked 10 nights in Maine this week, hauling the travel trailer north late Sept. to early Oct.  We will be staying in and around Acadia NP.

The irony is 10 nights in Maine cost me less than the campground last weekend at the beach, 2 nights.

I leave for Maine next week.

For the last 2-3 weeks I’ve had the websites for about a dozen fine restaurants and one winery on my computer.  It used to lobster rolls, using a plain hotdog bun with butter, and while I’ll surely have one of those for nostalgia, Maine has clearly become a very serious food destination.

A few places I’m interested in:

http://acadiahouseprovisions.com/

https://camden.seadogbrewing.com/

https://peterotts.com/

http://www.18central.com/

http://redskyrestaurant.com/

https://www.lighthouseinnandrestaurant.com/

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Mid December, the missus and I are off to visit some of my old stomping grounds. We are headed to San Diego for 10 days over Christmas. I was stationed there for two years in the early ‘80s. We are going to buy a couple of 7 day activity passes and (for us) let loose.

That is all.