News:

NRA hails the AR-15 as the everyday gun for everyday citizens

watcher1 · 2149

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1610/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
They hailed the  military-style rifle as an “everyday gun for everyday citizens” in a tweet that shocked many on Saturday.

The lethal firearm — a favorite weapon of mass shooters in the U.S. — was also deemed a “modern-day musket” by the  gun lobby:

The AR-15 is the modern day musket.
An everyday gun for everyday citizens.

What world is the executives of the NRA living in?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
  This firearm is the most popular long gun in the U.S., and is not one usually issued to the Combat Arms, as all should know. The military issue long guns are geared to combat use, with combat options such as Full Automatic, and other features. Similar to how the M16 was a Combat Firearm, and the M15 was not.

Those in the shooting sports, paper target family shooting games, prefer the AR-15 for it's handling, small bore ammo that is (was, at least) inexpensive as compared to other ammo, for those who use a lot of ammo in their family sport.

"Scarey Looking" is not the way to judge, and is a big part of the bias found by those who do not familiarize themselves with the variety and uses of firearms.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

_priapism

This world...

Remembering Sandy Hook

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
  Sandy Hook, where the criminal murdered his own Mother, broke into the secured gun cabinet she owned, to steal her firearm, with which to Murder others... how could one forget Sandy Hook, and the criminal who did the deed.

Would the criminal son have taken a Shotgun if he found it first while looting as his mother lay dying on her kitchen floor? Or some other firearm he planned to cause mayhem with elsewhere? We will never know, as he committed suicide, as soon as a 'good guy with a gun' was on hand to address the criminal actions the 'son' performed in this "Gun Free Zone".

Police in the school, was the solution taken, to eliminate future such issues. That is now being challenged by the same leftists who participated in making the Gun Free Zone laws, with the Defund Police, and Eliminate Police School Forces, sadly.

No more "Officer Friendly", that'll fix it.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2956/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
I was just talking to my dad about this.  As a former army soldier I can tell you that the only real difference between a service rifle and an AR-15 is the selector lever that switches it from safe, to fire, to 3 round burst (there is no automatic fire on a m-4 or modern m-16) has been limited to single fire.  Any person with knowledge of the weapon, or can access the internet, can eliminate that restriction, and make it fully automatic.

I truly wish there was a way to keep these weapons out of the hands of dangerous people without trampling the rights of responsible Americans.

_priapism

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:29:46 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
The NRA is just advertizing for the manufacturer. They have an agenda to sell more guns.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
I was just talking to my dad about this.  As a former army soldier I can tell you that the only real difference between a service rifle and an AR-15 is the selector lever that switches it from safe, to fire, to 3 round burst (there is no automatic fire on a m-4 or modern m-16) has been limited to single fire.  Any person with knowledge of the weapon, or can access the internet, can eliminate that restriction, and make it fully automatic.

I truly wish there was a way to keep these weapons out of the hands of dangerous people without trampling the rights of responsible Americans.

I remember the AR-16 I had loaned to me from the goodness of our government had a selector with only two choices - semi automatic or automatic. The clip springs were weak so we couldn't fully load the clips.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
The original used during vietnam was full automatic, but they found it wasted ammunition so the made the adjustment eliminating it and made it 3 round burst.  If you squeezed the trigger fast enough it might as well be full automatic though.

ChirpingGirl

CJ would buy one... if there were any to buy.  :roll:

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +11/-22
Shiela-bullshit! There are Full auto M4s.

Just because someone says they are current or ex military doesn’t mean they know what they are talking about. I’ve met people both ex and current military that know about as much about firearms as the average joe firearms owner.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
The original used during vietnam was full automatic, but they found it wasted ammunition so the made the adjustment eliminating it and made it 3 round burst.  If you squeezed the trigger fast enough it might as well be full automatic though.

Wasted ammunition? We were under the belief better to fire thousands of bullets and hundreds of rounds of artillery rather then lose one American soldier. Automatic was the only way we fired.  But that was long ago and I admit I don't know anything about rifles or pistols and really don't care to.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake

Wasted ammunition? We were under the belief better to fire thousands of bullets and hundreds of rounds of artillery rather then lose one American soldier. Automatic was the only way we fired.  But that was long ago and I admit I don't know anything about rifles or pistols and really don't care to.

That's just what I was told during my training, it wasted ammunition.  So they switched it to 3 rounds.  They have the m-249 SAW that fires full auto so they felt no need to have the m-4 fire full auto. 

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 02:36:09 PM
They hailed the  military-style rifle as an “everyday gun for everyday citizens” in a tweet that shocked many on Saturday.

The lethal firearm — a favorite weapon of mass shooters in the U.S. — was also deemed a “modern-day musket” by the  gun lobby:

The AR-15 is the modern day musket.
An everyday gun for everyday citizens.

my brother and his wife just bought one and several of their neighbors did too, they live in an area of older retired people and since these democrat riots have started its really forced alot of people to buy guns who otherwise would not, especially all this defund police talk while the criminals are rioting and being released as soon as they get arrested. most of america is scared of this BLM and antifa stuff and are getting armed like never before. i think its sad we have devolved to this level of thinking but at the same time what are people to do when roving mobs are destroying peoples property and marching thru the streets blocking highways etc.
there were 20 or so people at a cook-out the other day all talking about what to do if they come upon a mob blocking the street,the general consensus was to just gun it and plow thru to avoid getting pulled from your car or shot at etc.
i was shocked because these were sensible level headed mature people, not crazies or radicals but grey haired 55-70 year old normal people.most of the men were advising their wives to just gun it and get thru them and get home safe and dont worry about damaging the car with the rioters bodies.
i could sense their fear and could tell they are talking about these things at home and preparing to defend themselves and their homes.

What world is the executives of the NRA living in?...as of now i would say a very different one than the one i grew up in.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 03:28:30 PM

Why the AR-15 keeps appearing at America's deadliest mass shootings

at sandy hook didn't the guy use a pistol and they found the rifle in his car trunk later?
either way MOST of the mass shootings were done with PISTOLS, like virgina tech. i didnt research it but i do remember 5 or 6 times after a mass shooting where the person used a pistol all the news channels were going on and on about banning "assault rifles" and i saw it as them using a tragedy to harp personal opinion or political opinion.
most people call a rifle that looks military in its style and appearance "assault rifles" if they did ban a gun they would have to define it, like bore size or shots fired per second or something other than it has an AR15 "look"

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 04:31:44 PM
The AR-15 is a very expensive weapon.  Hardly a gun for everyday citizens.  A shotgun would be better for the defense of your home.

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 09:56:19 AM
Lois-Wait...are you saying using less expensive firearms is better than more expensive one because that sure sounds like what I just read. Brain dead is all you are! The “AR” has come down in price considerably over the years as one would expect with supply and demand and manufacturing processes. You can buy a complete AR from say Palmetto State for less than $500 that functions and is mostly relies less. Hell a new Glock 19 costs that and is the most popular pistol in the U.S... so the “AR-15” being a “very expensive” firearm is bullshit. There was an estimate of over 16 million ARs in citizen’s hands. Do you know what the estimate of functioning AR style firearms the police have? It’s a fraction of what is owned legally by U.S. citizens. Shotguns have a place, sure, as do pistols and ARs. I bet you think that just loading a round into your shotgun will stop most criminals from entering you home... but wait...at 1 am in the morning when you are sound asleep and you wake to glass breaking, because you have absolutely no measures in place for early warning, you grab your shotgun, AR, .357, rubber and gun, whatever...the chances are you’re dead if that’s what they came to do. At close range you still need to aim that shotgun with buck shot. Fire a fucking weapon, for fucks sake, in real world situations first before trying to inform others of your idiotic opinion on a topic you know very little about.
Any functioning firearm that is loaded and ready to go, be it an AR style weapon or a shotgun, is “better” than not having anything to defend yourself and/or loved ones. What makes those “better” are the measure one takes to prevent and deter criminals and early warnings when they are hell bent to harm.
Again Lois, you are an idiot on this topic!

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 03:28:19 PM
My search on the AR-15 showed the average price to be about a grand.  Not many I know can afford that.

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 11:39:15 PM
Again...if you knew what you’re talking about you find them cheaper. I just looked today in the site I listed a found on for less than $600.

Offline Soignie

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-6
Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 11:02:27 PM
Again...if you knew what you’re talking about you find them cheaper. I just looked today in the site I listed a found on for less than $600.
It may have had a price under $600 but I'll wager a small fortune that it was also shown as not in stock.  Any firearm is better than no firearm if you needed to defend yourself/loved ones but a shotgun is superior for home defense as the pattern of shot compensates for poor aim or a nervous person.  AR platform is primarily used for recreational shooting though some hunt with it and others have for home defense.