KB - a better class of pervert

News:

So irritating

Shiela_M · 7501

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
on: July 23, 2020, 12:34:46 AM
Wasnt sure whether to put this here or fun and games.

So you're watching a show and something mundane happens that just bothers you to no end.  Watching a super hero movie and a car acts weird.  Watching a somebody movie and something exploded that shouldn't.   All the impossible is happening, but one thing that doesn't matter at all happens and it gets under your skin, or just something you find annoying.

Examples of both.

*Watching a superhero movie with Jake.  Main character can fly, has super strength, he's bullet proof, and none of that bothers him, but when he lifts a car and fly around with it, jake gets pissed that the bumper doesnt get damaged or fall off... superhero, oh sure that's ok, but for him to fly around with a car and it doesnt break free of the bumper... that's where you draw the line???

*I'm watching one of my favorite shows called Grimm.  This character is a hexonbeast (witch)  and is supposed the be 9ne of the more powerful ones.  Can do just about anything.  Kill people by crushing their brains, or tossing them through the air, but your supposed to keep it a secret from normal people.  She walks up to a car and stops at the door, and then uses this power to open it... really, you're too good to use your damn hand to open a car door!  Wait a second, did you just use your hand to open it to get out, and then use your power again to close it?  Just push it closed, would look more natural to those who are watching.

So what ridiculous thing bothers you about your favorite movie or show. It better is the rest of us get a kick out of it.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1308/-3
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 01:29:51 AM
I hate it when someone grabs a gun of some kind and jack's a shell into the chamber. All well and good... gotta have a round ready to fire.

Next scene...guy is closing in on his quarry. WTF does he do? Jack's a shell, meaning he just ejected the first shell he chambered. Now, one less bullet to shoot with.

I know it's a great sound effect...but damn can't someone keep track of how many times the guy does this. :facepalm:

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 01:50:58 AM
I hate it when someone grabs a gun of some kind and jack's a shell into the chamber. All well and good... gotta have a round ready to fire.

Next scene...guy is closing in on his quarry. WTF does he do? Jack's a shell, meaning he just ejected the first shell he chambered. Now, one less bullet to shoot with.

I know it's a great sound effect...but damn can't someone keep track of how many times the guy does this. :facepalm:

Oh my god, I was just talking about this last week.  Was watching bad boys and will Smith's character was threatening/interrogating the car shop guy and you hear the sound of his gun being cocked like 6 times.  He has two friggin guns.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 02:54:56 AM
When characters abandon perfectly good weapons, then seconds later another threat pops up and they need a weapon. Like "guy shoots and kills something, drops shotgun" seconds later needs the shotgun again, but dropped it and fucked off leaving it behind.

Woody Harrelson uses a guitar, a bat, and a clippers and discards each weapon after a kill. All you needed was the baseball bat. Perfectly fine, but tosses it.  :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgsNFGER7HE

_priapism

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 07:18:12 AM

One movie that drove me *crazy* was San Andreas (2015).  A massive earthquake along California’s fault line results in a tsunami striking San Francisco (experts say this is impossible).  Then, the tsunami floods all of downtown with four or five stories worth of water which then remains flooded for the rest of the movie because, you know, the earthquake made the entire Pacific Ocean, and San Francisco Bay, to rise impossibly high and just remain there.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 02:00:52 PM

So irritating when a phone number is mentioned.    "Call me at 555....

HUGE Pet peeve. 

Why does every phone number in a movie start with 555?   It totally takes me out of the movie and reminds me I'm watching a movie.  It bothers me for the next 5 minutes.  Dan says I'm nuts.  Well, I'll admit I am, but just a little bit.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +429/-10
Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 02:14:39 PM

HUGE Pet peeve. 

Why does every phone number in a movie start with 555?   It totally takes me out of the movie and reminds me I'm watching a movie.  It bothers me for the next 5 minutes.  Dan says I'm nuts.  Well, I'll admit I am, but just a little bit.

They do that because any other number could possibly be a real number assigned to some innocent person who has nothing to do with the movie. And yes, people do call the numbers they see in movies. I've done it myself in years past.

If they used a number with area code 248 or 947, the movie could actually give out your number. Personally, I'm glad they standardized the 555 area code. ;D

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 04:46:08 PM

HUGE Pet peeve. 

There are no phone numbers that start with 555. For some reason that is a prefix not used by any phone company.

By using it in movies and TV shows, it prevents anyone's real number being aired.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 05:02:48 PM
Characters getting shot and or stabbed in vital areas and all this drama happens of them nearly dying and they finally get that med kit or the person to the medic of the group just in time to save them from death, but the next episode the same character is right as rain doing impossible feats to fight the bad guys again.

I’m like, ‘You we’re just shot in the chest yesterday!’

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 05:05:22 PM
The other is faces covered in blood and grime in the same way for a whole episode.  Wash your damn face or at least wipe it on your sleeve!  In fact there’s a creek right over there!

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 05:10:27 PM
 How about when someone is shot or stabbed and bleeding all over the place. Instantly there's somebody doing CPR. Wouldn't that just pump out their blood faster, killing the victim quicker?

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 05:51:16 PM
Back to my show Grimm.  There is one part near the end where a guy gets stabbed through the neck with a giant spear.  It clearly severs his spine, but he continues to walk sideways dramatically and even after the spear is pulled out he stand there for about 2 seconds before falling over.

Also when having a gun fight the protagonist will shoot an enemy and then walk past him when they clearly had a better weapon.  Dont even bother collecting ammunition.

And I get what MJ is saying about the number.  Why even say the number. Every time I'm watching a show and somebody asks for a number I cant stop myself from saying, "oh, I bet it starts with 555".  However I'm seeing more and more that when a number is exchanged, the person giving it just takes the other person's cell phone and puts it in.  That needs to be universal now.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 05:55:25 PM
Speaking of cellphones...too often a character sends a text. Maybe it's because we're old, but I can't read the text much of the time. Occasionally we get a close-up of the phone, but most of the time the sent text is lost to us ( old folks )

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 06:18:13 PM
Speaking of cellphones...too often a character sends a text. Maybe it's because we're old, but I can't read the text much of the time. Occasionally we get a close-up of the phone, but most of the time the sent text is lost to us ( old folks )

Or when it flashes on the screen too fast to read, and he taps you on the back of your head and asks you to stop for a second so you can get him the remote so he can rewind it and pause it to read the text????

...or is that just me  :emot_kiss:

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 07:28:11 PM

Relatedly, one of my big cell phone peeves is when a character makes a call, the person on the other ends hangs up, and we immediately hear a dial tone.

In 2020...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 10:00:57 PM
How about when someone gets instantaneous information on their lap top, even when in a car. Wish I knew what brand of lap top they were using.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
How about when someone gets instantaneous information on their lap top, even when in a car. Wish I knew what brand of lap top they were using.

Information displayed on a computer that doesn't happen in real life.

Like "System failure! Abort!" If your computer ever crashes, it never says anything like that.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 03:55:09 AM

CSI & Criminal Minds to be specific because those were two of my favorite shows, when they go into a room or a crime scene everything is so dark and they use their flashlights, and I can't see a thing.   Turn the darn light on when you enter the room.

And, too much background noise and I can't hear the dialogue.   So I turn it up.   Then the kids are yelling from upstairs telling us to turn the volume down.   

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +429/-10
Reply #18 on: July 24, 2020, 12:55:43 PM

And has it ever taken the hero more than three tries to "guess" the password to gain access to someone else's laptop?

Offline Littlebit

• Co-POY 2019
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +411/-2
  • Just a little bit
Reply #19 on: July 24, 2020, 02:09:31 PM

CSI & Criminal Minds to be specific because those were two of my favorite shows, when they go into a room or a crime scene everything is so dark and they use their flashlights, and I can't see a thing.   Turn the darn light on when you enter the room.
IRL there have been times that explosive were wired to the light switch.

And, too much background noise and I can't hear the dialogue.   So I turn it up.   Then the kids are yelling from upstairs telling us to turn the volume down.   
it’s called “closed captions”.   :emot_kiss: