News:

Voter Fraud?

joan1984 · 173

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
on: January 14, 2021, 07:59:46 PM
  "... In 1980, Rep. Michael Meyers (no relation) was expelled after being convicted in a federal court as part of the Abscam scandal..."

“money talks in this business, and bullshit walks.” Ozzie Meyers quote, on tape as he described reality to the FBI...

Ozzie Meyers is still at it, under inditement for bribing election judges:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/06/american-hustle-party-insiders-tell-the-true-story-of-how-philadelphia-elections-work/

PHILADELPHIA, Penn. — Most Americans might not know the name Ozzie Myers, although a part of his tale was told in the hit 2013 movie “American Hustle” about the FBI sting that sent four congressmen to prison in the 1970s.

If you’re from Philadelphia, though, you know his name, and knew it well before 2013. He’s important to the country now because he’s currently under indictment for bribing a state elections judge to stuff ballots for Democratic candidates. Among the candidates he was paid to get elected are three as-yet-unnamed judges sitting on the Philadelphia Common Pleas Court. That’s where President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has to go when local election officials refuse to let campaign monitors oversee ballot integrity, as has been the case these past few days throughout Pennsylvania.

In addition, Trump’s U.S. attorney, William McSwain, has hinted that in addition to the three unidentified judges, those Democrats tainted by election-fixing go all the way from local officials to the U.S. Congress.

Why should anyone care about that court? Because it’s playing a major role in the presidential election.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 10:40:54 PM

"... In 1980, Rep. Michael Meyers (no relation) was expelled after being convicted in a federal court as part of the Abscam scandal..."

“money talks in this business, and bullshit walks.” Ozzie Meyers quote, on tape as he described reality to the FBI...

Ozzie Meyers is still at it, under inditement for bribing election judges:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/06/american-hustle-party-insiders-tell-the-true-story-of-how-philadelphia-elections-work/

I'll admit to bias right up front. When I saw the byline "The Federalist," alarm bells started going off. The Federalist is noted for spreading massive amounts of dis-information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and, more recently, for standing as one of the loudest drum-beaters for Trumps baseless claims of "massive voter fraud," including fact-less proclamations that Democrats stole the election in "Ozzie" Meyers's home state of Pennsylvania.

In fact, right now, right at the top of the home page, there's an article begging readers to be sympathetic towards those who attacked the Capitol Building last week:

Meanwhile, I couldn't help notice one significant point in the part of the article you posted above: "Ozzie" Meyers was arrested for attempting to bribe a PA state judge. In The Federalist's telling, that's "proof" of "massive voter fraud." They seem to have missed the part about how failed to bribe the judge, and thereby failed to influence the election in any way whatsoever. The actions of one notoriously corrupt man isn't evidence of anything.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 03:29:14 PM

I'm a confirmed and old-school skeptic, and the NY Times article I read this morning on this topic was long on allegation but almost completely lacking in information. It set my skeptic's antennae quivering (and yes, that's a really bad metaphor).

So am I Miss B. May be it has to do with growing up in Illinois and never believing a word anyone, especially a politician, says.  8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 11:15:56 PM
Here is another story about Ozzie Myers from July of this year.

Myers, 77, conspired with and bribed the former judge of elections for Philadelphia's 39th Ward, 36th Division -- Domenick J. Demuro -- to illegally add votes for certain candidates in the Democratic Party during primary elections from 2014 to 2016, according to the Justice Department. Myers and Demuro are both Democrats.

In otherwords, there is no connection to the 2020 Presidential election.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/politics/michael-myers-charged-in-voting-scam/index.html